About the Product
- Crysis 2 redefines the benchmark on console now, shifting their attention to the rich urban jungle of New York City.
- Challenging best-in-class AI with unique group coordination and group behavior systems which give realistic responses to your actions.
- Adapt your combat tactics by customizing your Nanosuit 2 and weapons in real time with revised modes.
- World-renowned multiplayer shooter studio Crytek UK reinvents multiplayer with the dynamic intensity of Nanosuit 2 in 12-player support online.
- By using Nanosuit technology the player has nearly unlimited ways to approach the dynamic combat environment.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Sequel to one of the greatest PC shooters ever, Crysis 2 offers console players their first taste of Crytek's unique shooter gameplay. Featuring futuristic war, gorgeous destruction and the chance to kick alien butt on the grandest stage of all, New York City, Crysis 2 is destined at the least to equal its predecessor, if not surpass it. Additional features include: challenging AI enemies in the single player campaign, 12-player support online, new and improved upgradable Nanosuit 2 technology and more.
The world has been ravaged by a series of climatic disasters and society is on the verge of total breakdown. Now the aliens have returned, with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind, starting by trying to rip the heart out of Earth's most iconic city.
In New York, terrifying alien invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city's myriad inhabitants with brutal epidemic speed. The city's systems are in chaos, its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. This is New York City like you've never seen it before. Neither paramilitary law enforcement nor the might of the US military machine can stand against the invaders, and all who choose not to flee are dead men walking. Just to survive in this maelstrom of death will require technology beyond anything any modern soldier has ever seen.
One man will inherit that means to survive. One supersoldier, wielding the combat enhancement technology of the future with Nanosuit 2, will make the last stand to save humanity from destruction in the urban jungle that is New York City.
Key Game Features
- New York New York - Crysis set the visual benchmark for PC games that still stands today. Crysis 2 redefines the benchmark for console players, shifting their attention to the rich urban jungle of New York City.
- Amazing Aliens and AI - Challenging best-in-class AI with unique group coordination and group behavior systems which give realistic responses to your actions.
- Nanosuit 2 - Adapt your combat tactics by customizing your Nanosuit and weapons in real time with revised modes, unlocking a variety of supersoldier abilities.
- Multiplayer* - World-renowned multi-player shooter studio Crytek UK reinvents multiplayer with the dynamic intensity of Nanosuit 2. By using Nanosuit technology the player has nearly unlimited ways to approach the dynamic combat environment. 1-12 players are supported online.
Improved nanosuit technology.
New York based action.
New terrifying aliens.
Online multiplayer support.
* Requires an Internet connection.
Top Customer Reviews
GAMEPLAY - Single player
Right off the bat Crysis 2 doesn't hold much back. The campaign starts quickly and holds its pace fairly well throughout the near 12 hour SP campaign. If you played the MP Demo for Crysis 2 you will feel right at home with what changes have been made to the suit controls, as well as what to expect visually from the game and the AI itself. This game comes across as a solid shooter. During the campaign you will have many tools at your disposal to dispatch your foes including a variety of weapons, suit powers, environment items etc. The suit powers are very stream-line on the console version, having been mapped to your controller. Running automatically enables speed, while thumb buttons controlled the Armor and Stealth. You have the ability to customize your weapons load-out via unlocking mods you find throughout the campaign as well as upgrading your suit via contact with Alien DNA.
What impressed me the most about Crysis 2 was not actually the graphics, but the thought put into the gameplay. While enemy AI can be pretty stupid at times (I played on SOLDIER difficulty) the game gives you plenty of methods in which to tackle areas. You could stealth past everyone; stealth assassinate everyone; RAMBO your way though; use strength to toss enemies about or perhaps pick up an object and smash em with it.Read more ›
Crysis 2 is something different. Not only is the lighting spellbinding, but walking the crumbled streets of New York has some emotional weight. You want to see the Ceph suffer. Thankfully, you have a cloaking device (ala predator), and a slick armor enhancement. You can also leap tall building in a single bound and slide from cover. You can kick cars, snap necks, and stab your antogonists in the throat. It's a brutal affair, and the sound effects are up to the challenge. I would constantly change my tactics by using the Nano Vision (an infrared sensor on your visor), and jumping in and out of invisibility. When I grew weary of playing cat and mouse I would amp up my armor and jump into the fray. No matter how I played Crysis 2, I was engaged.
When I was kid some 15 years ago, I hungered for a game like the film Robocop. 15 years later I have found this in Crysis 2. Even the music echoes the 80s film that is a part of me. The soundtrack is great as well. I loved the story and the character and the idea that the machine was keeping the husk of a man alive inside of it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Awesome to have on the pc and ps3. I personally like the differences of consoles and PCs. Even if you get the same game, it can end up different. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I didn't finish this game. It had a lot of potential but did not capture my attention. I played through a couple of levels for a couple of hours. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Chris