Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Beautiful, immersive, atmospheric worlds. Monumental architecture. Eerie music. Breathtaking cut-scenes. Ugly, creepy arch-villain.
2. For the most part, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to solve the puzzles.
3. Great high-tech tools to use, impressive vehicles to drive and fly, creative use of everyday objects. When you pick items up, they zoom off the screen into your inventory with a whooshing sound. The inventory feature is exceptionally easy to use.
1. Some locations are too dark and murky. I suggest that for the very dark places, you might want to adjust the brightness/contrast on your monitor to make it easier to locate the hidden goodies.
2. Some mechanical levers/controls respond correctly only if you move the mouse VERY slowly.
3. The game crashed a couple of times, and I never was able to get autoplay to work.
Bottom line: A superior, very entertaining adventure marred slightly by minor glitches.
Unfortunately, I forgot the adage "Don't judge a book by its cover".
Even though the graphics we quite nice, and the game utilized the 360-degree environment which was pioneered by Presto Studios in "The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy Of Time", this game really lacked in a plot and story.
Sure, there's puzzles that require a lot of thought. By the time you get to the end, though, your first thought is "That's IT?!?!!? Boy, that wasn't worth it!". A very disappointing ending.
I played this game on a fairly up-to-date PC, and it never made the computer crash, but I did have to go to Dreamcatcher's website twice to download two programs that are important in the playing. Kinda stupid...as other reviewers noted, they shouldn't have released a game with so many bugs.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A good slow game for those who have a hard folling action on your pc. This was my second time buying in the last twenty year . A seventy-six year old still had fun. Read morePublished 20 months ago by trekman
I absolutely love the story. It's one of my favorite games ever. When I ordered this the install disc didn't work, but the seller sent me another copy, so yeah. It works fine.Published on June 15, 2013 by John
This is dragon lady's daughter now excuse me, I am going to breath fire.
Long story short, if you are intellegent, have a head on your shoulders, are not a martyr,enjoy... Read more
There will always be games with gameplays similar to Myst's.Some of these "Myst Clones" are terrible, but The Crystal Key is one of the better ones. Read morePublished on January 25, 2007
Confusing and impassable. Think I'm talking about NYC traffic? No, this was the Crystal Key. In my opinion, this was the worst game I have ever played! Read morePublished on July 13, 2005
Okay, maybe not. But it's the second-worst I've ever played, Entombed (a $3 game so awful that Amazon doesn't even have it) having worse graphics and even more nonsensical... Read morePublished on December 14, 2004 by Zyxx
The Crystal Key has environments just as breathtaking as the ones shown on the box. Exploring them is a joy. However, there is practically no story. Read morePublished on September 13, 2003 by L.Harrod
I have to agree with my fellow reviewers this game was highly disapointing. The graphics aren't that impressive, the easily motion sick people I suggest that you stay away from... Read morePublished on July 25, 2003 by Carrie Z.