CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter - 50K Ultra High Capacity - Made in USA
Enhance your purchase
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4.5 x 4.5 x 15 inches|
|Item Weight||8 Pounds|
|Purification Method||KDF-55 Filter Media, Catalytic Carbon Filter Media & Micro Sediment Membranes|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Incredible Capacity and Lifespan, Up to 5 Years per Filter; CuZn Backs the UC-200’s Long Lasting Performance With a Comprehensive 5 Year Prorated Performance Warranty, CuZn Will Provide Warranty Replacement if Early Expiration Occurs; the UC-200 Is for Municipal Water Only; Do Not Use With Private Well Water; the UC-200 Is a Water Purifier, the UC-200 Does Not Soften Water; the UC-200 Will Not Resolve Issues Caused by Excessively Hard Water Like Lime Scale Mineral Deposits on Tea Kettles
- Simple to Install; The UC-200 is Designed for Direct Connect to the main Kitchen Sink Cold Water Line; No Drilling Through the Countertop to Mount an Extra Filter Dispenser Faucet Required; How to Install Video Tutorial Instructions Available; If You Have Non-Standard Under Counter Plumbing Connection Issues or Are Unable To Complete Installation, CuZn Technical Support Will Diagnose and Provide All Additional Adapters Required To Complete Your Installation
- 3 Stage Filtration Process Utilizing Micro Sediment Membranes, KDF-55 and Coconut Shell Carbon; the UC-200 Will Not Reduce TDS or PPM Type Meter Readings; if TDS or PPM Removal Is Desired, a Reverse Osmosis Type Filter System is Required; the UC-200 Is Designed To Purify Water Without Reducing the Health Beneficial Mineral Content and as a Result the TDS or PPM Type Meter Readings Will Show the Same Results When Measuring the UC-200’s Filtered Water and the Unfiltered
- Bacteriostatic; Unlike Carbon Only Filters, the UC-200 Is Bacteriostatic and Not Susceptible to Mold or Bacteria Growth; To Test the UC-200’s Filtered Water To Confirm if the Filter Is Still Working, Utilize DPD#1 Chlorine Test Strips and Replace the UC-200 When Chlorine Is Detected in the Filtered Water; Sensitive Test Strips That Test Down 0.25 or 0.5ppm Are Ideal for Earliest Possible Detection of Chlorine; Early Expiration Prior to 5 Years Use Is Covered Under Warranty by CuZn
- CuZn’s Comprehensive Install Insurance Policy Is Included With Purchase of the UC-200 on Amazon; if You Are Unable To Complete Your Installation for Any Reason; Or You Have an Alternative Method for Installing the Filter In Mind Such As Connecting the UC-200 to a Dedicated Filtered Water Only Dispenser Faucet Purchased Separately; Simply Use Amazon Buyer-Seller Messaging To Send Us Your Request and CuZn Tech Support Will Diagnose and Provide the Necessary Alternative Install Kit on the House
Specifications for this item
|Included Components||Stainless Steel Connection Hose|
|Item Weight||8.00 pounds|
|Number of Items||1|
|Purification Method||KDF-55 Filter Media, Catalytic Carbon Filter Media & Micro Sediment Membranes|
|Size||4.5" x 15"|
Frequently bought together
The CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter System will provide filtered water for up to 5 years of use! The CuZn UC-200 carries a comprehensive 5-year prorated warranty on the system’s performance life. In the unlikely event you run into a premature expiration prior to reaching 5 years of use, CuZn will provide warranty replacement. CuZn's expert technical support team will review the symptoms of early expiration reported by the customer and will also investigate the local municipal water system's water quality testing data in order to customize the warranty replacement UC-200 filter system set up provided so that the premature expiration does not occur again. Replace the entire UC-200 with a brand new one when the system eventually expires. Durable long lasting sealed systems like The UC-200 that only require maintenance once every several years are the most eco-friendly type of filter design. In addition to micro sediment membranes, the UC-200 utilizes a patented combination of KDF-55 Filtration Media and Virgin Acid Washed Catalytic Coconut Shell Carbon Filtration Media that have been tested to NSF standard 42 and 61. The UC-200 will reduce a wide variety of organic and inorganic contaminants including but not limited to: chlorine, water soluble cation heavy metals (lead, mercury, chromium VI, cadmium, etc.), herbicides, pesticides, sediment, algae, molds, bad taste, odors and other undesirable contaminants that may effect the quality of your water supply. The UC-200 does NOT reduce TDS or PPM Type Meter Readings. Want a TDS Removal CuZn Filter System? Select a reverse osmosis type filter system instead. To test the performance of a UC-200 type water filter system, utilize DPD#1 chlorine test strips and replace the UC-200 when chlorine breakthrough in the filtered water is detected. The UC-200 has been an American Favorite for over 20 years, manufactured in USA by CuZn Water Systems in Millersville MD
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 4.5 x 4.5 x 15 inches; 8 Pounds
- Item model number : UC-200
- Date First Available : April 7, 2012
- Manufacturer : CuZn Water Systems
- ASIN : B000923524
- Best Sellers Rank: #5,686 in Tools & Home Improvement (See Top 100 in Tools & Home Improvement)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Upon reviewing my comment above, the company quickly contacted me by phone. Working with the Customer Support agent, Chris, I was able to determine that the major reason for the calcium deposits was caused by the instant-on hot water heater that supplies the entire house. It was a known problem that the UC-200 was never going to solve until I replaced the ten-year-old hot water unit. Nonetheless, they sent me an upgraded replacement filter which seems to be handling the problem quite well. I am REALLY impressed with the quick, no hassle and satisfactory response I got. Who ever heard of ANY company doing something like that?
I was, and remain, very impressed with the fact that the UC-200 worked as well as advertised in eliminating the odor and greatly improving the taste of our drinking water. No more Britta filters and pitchers for us.
Update 3/22/18: The company that produces this filter has been Extremely responsive and helpful thus far in making things right. Their commitment to providing superior customer service is evident as they contacted me prior to me having the opportunity to call them to discuss the issue. They clearly stand by their product and will continue to work with them so that hopefully this is an isolated incident and the root cause can be determined.
I e-mailed CuZn support suggesting that their already good instructions could be improved by including a diagnostic tip that low flow may be relieved by using the sprayer. In this age of lousy support I did this to vent. I didn't expect a response. Imagine my surprise when I checked my e-mail the very next evening and found a reply that included their updated instructions incorporating my suggestion, a nice personal message, and a small goodwill refund. CuZn are a class act.
I am all the more impressed because the uc-200 is class leading value, once properly installed had almost no impact on water flow, and our water tastes great. I have never before wished I could give more than 5 stars, but I'd give this purchase 10 stars if I could.
- The unit is about 18 inches tall by 5 inches in diameter (guessing) and is fairly heavy. So, under the sink installation is a bit tight. However, I will say that I was able to put it under the sink area with my slide out garbage and a disposal - so it's not THAT bad. Just need to keep that in mind.
- Instructions are minimal and it would actually be nice if they identified the "In" vs. "Out" flow on the unit itself, not just the instruction sheet.
- First, let me say that Cuzn's customer service is excellent and responsive.
- First unit I ordered came with an obvious defect in the brass connector. Aside from the defect, I was able to get this unit connected and working with no leakage (which was my concern).
- Between seeing the defect and connecting this unit, I did email Cuzn's support. They responded quickly asking for images of the damage. I sent the images. I informed them of having gotten the unit connected successfully and they still sent out a replacement, which I appreciated very much.
OK - Onto the product
- I own a coffee roasting business, so I am brewing and testing coffee on a regular basis. When I ran water through my $1000 coffee brewer, It left white residue anywhere it dried, the water was horrible. Installation of CuZn has resulted in a significant reduction (almost completely) of this. It is almost as if the water is being softened as well.
- Taste etc: The water taste like water...like NOTHING...the way it should. In fact, if I put my tap water up against this water, you can smell, see, and feel the difference. There is a huge difference in the feel of the water if you take a sip and swish it around in your mouth. Last, there is a massive difference in the chlorinated smell and overall taste. . My water is heavily chlorinated, but like I said - totally different smell between my regular tap and the water coming through the CuZn. You can also see a difference too. Although it's harder to recognize this, it just looks a bit more crystal clear than the regular glass of tap water.
- Setup: Easy peasy. I hate plumbing and dealing with it, so even though I hate that...I have to say that the setup was pretty painless.
Final: Clearly this gets my thumbs-up. In fact, I liked the results it had with my coffee flavor and coffee maker so much, I got a second unit and installed it in my kitchen and put a "drinking water" faucet on my sink, and installed a "T" to go to my ice maker. My ice cubes are significantly clearer and I have tossed my brita jug away and sold the filters on craigslist.
Perhaps some day they'll make a 55 gallon drum version that I can install in-line from my main.