BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

Customer reviews

Cuando Era Puertorriqueña (Spanish Edition)
Format: Paperback|Change

on April 12, 2015
I loved the book and the way Esmeralda writes. Her life is an inspiration to all of us, especially young people. I hope many young people read it and realize how much they have in the USA and that Esmeralda, in spite of her difficult childhood, was able to become the successful woman she became. In addition, I was transported to my childchood where some of my experiences were similar to hers. I immediately bought another book and will continue reading them all.
on March 19, 2014
It took me 7 months to read this book, given my fluency in spanish, or a lack thereof. But I've finished it learning a lot more about the language and Puerto Rican culture. Is it good compared to other books written in spanish? I don't know, this is only the 2nd spanish novel I've read. The first was La Casa en Mango Street. I liked this one better than La Casa en Mango Street because it exposed me to so much that I hadn't been exposed to before, so I give it 5 stars.
on May 9, 2017
Estupendo relato de la autora, se puede experimentar realmente la vida de niña a través de sus ojos y palabras. Gran libro que me permitió conocer mejor la idiosincrasia puertorriqueña.
Muy recomendable.
on June 8, 2017
Just as described and fast shipping. Thank you
on August 29, 2017
Nice condition.
on September 9, 2015
Bought for one of my kids school homework
on July 23, 2016
Excellent book. As you read it transport you to Puerto Rico in the late 1898 to 1899. You could feel that you have lived that time. Can't wait to read the other books by this writter.
on May 25, 2017
Excellent book. Excellent conditions
on March 1, 2017
Altho it had more markings than expected...It was still ok.
on May 8, 2015
No sólo está bien escrito y es muy entretenido; la honestidad y la humildad de la escritora me sorprendió inmensamente. Aunque no es una joya literaria, pocos libros te dan una visión cultural tan completa.