Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Deleted scenes
- Comparative and alternate storyboards
- Production design
- Schematic set design
- Special effects artwork
- Production commentary
Top Customer Reviews
Speaking of characters: there is no character development. But this is done deliberately. These aren't single people being represented here. The characters aren't meant to be believable. Or even real. No one in their right mind, if they woke up to find themselves stuck in a cube armed with lethal traps, would behave as irrationally as they do. So assume this allegory:
Let the cube represent a system, created by man. Call it "civilization" or "society" or whatever you want, but I'll refer to it as the "system". Like them, we are all trapped in this system today, this post-modern rat race full of glass and steel and concrete and plastic. I'm willing to wager everyone's ultimate dream is to escape it, too. The 6 people in the movie represent, as best as can be explained, the 6 social groups in the system:
1) The strong, military, authority type, used to getting his own way and controlling others in the system for his own benefit, adhering to the practise of "might makes right".
2) The intelligent, analytical scholar type; understands the logic of the system but not much else; kinda has a silent "don't rock the boat" mentality to her, which is why she is easily swayed to do the bidding of others.
3) The paranoid, suspicious clinician type, who constantly worries about the condition of others, and has a burning desire to warn everyone of what she perceives as harmful elements in the system.Read more ›
As the story begins (the first scene is a hoot!), we witness a small group of rather disorientated people, dressed in prison-like garb, coming together within small, square room. They have no idea how they got there, or why, and have never met each other before now. We learn the intricately designed room is a cube, one of many, and each cube has six doors (one on each wall, along with the ceiling and the floor), each door leading to another cube. Also, some of the cubes contain lethal traps (acid, razor wire, flamethrowers, etc.) activated by a variety of different types of sensors. This just keeps getting better and better...Read more ›
This movie has a highly unusual premise in the sense that you don't know HOW or WHY but you just know that it IS and it must be dealt with - confused? See the movie and you will understand.
One facet of this movie is a play on the idea that we might have no idea why something is, but we find that we have to deal with it anyway. In this case, the characters are in a perilous situation, where doing nothing means death by starvation and doing something is likely to also result in death by ghastly trap.
The characters seem fairly stereotypical and the acting is a bit lame to begin with, but perseverence in watching this movie results in a genuinely disturbing experience. The absorbed viewer will feel hope, despair, joy, horror, anger, extreme tension and more - the feeling of being trapped, isolated and slowly going paranoid has rarely been manipulated so well as in this movie. Ironic then that all the action takes place in an inexplicable and stifling rat's maze where very little is explicitly shown to the viewer, and yet so much is implicitly revealed in the interactions of the trapped people and how they come to terms with their plight.
Highly recommended to anyone who really likes their movies and not recommended to those who prefer their thought of the day handed to them on a plate.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Super cheesy cult classic, with a great premise. Horrible dialog and acting, but I love this movie nonetheless. Definitely better with friends and a drinking game.Published 1 month ago by artfuldodger2666
Really, really, really, really, bad acting. Kind of an interesting idea, but I could not take the overacting by every single character.Published 1 month ago by Palm Desert Teacher
Really good film! It felt like a lost episode of the Twilight Zone mixed with some elements of Saw and it always keeps you on the edge of your seat!Published 1 month ago by Loren Schroeder
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Futuristic
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Lionsgate Home Entertainment > All Lionsgate Titles