Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,405 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,491 reviews
on February 13, 2015
i don't like these trays. this is an item with polarized reception, some people saying they are the greatest, while others can't stand them. i am with the reviewers who think ice trays shouldn't require a lot of instructions. these were inexpensive, $4.69 including shipping for two trays, purchased february 3, 2015, sold by MMP Living. i'm going to learn how to use them for best results. one of the trays did sit out for a couple of minutes, but it only emptied a little better than the tray taken straight out of the freezer. plus, these are tiny cubes, and i don't want them partially thawed when they come out. i am looking for hard-frozen cubes to refreeze in bags without sticking together. obviously it can be a great item for some people. i will get by with these trays, but do not expect to ever be completely satisfied with them. if that changes, i will edit the review and change the stars. i update my reviews regularly when it is called for.
on July 15, 2016
I love the shape and size of cubes. Hubby laughed when he saw them cause they are so cute. However I have used one of the two trays twice in the 4ish days I've had them and one is already breaking in half. I have extreme difficultly being ice outta tray as well. I turn tray upside down on paper towel and bang down seems to be the only thing other then soaking ready in hot water. After literally two glasses of ice water item is breaking. Started return process but the 5 dollars is completely not worth it. Canceled return and will keep but excited to be buying a new new tray here soon.
on February 25, 2016
Didn't like these at all. There's no space between the cubes so there's no way to control the release of the cubes...they go EVERYWHERE. Hard to fill - had to pour water in then run a knife over the top to push the water into the mold, otherwise only 1/3 of them would have any water. Wanted them to have little ice cubes to cool off hard boiled eggs but even with a large plastic bowl half of them ended up in the sink. They're already in the recycling bin.
on December 14, 2016
These are HORRIBLE! When they arrived I tried twisting the trays to see how hard it'd be to remove the ice. Near impossible. I should have sent them back. I almost did. The cubes don't come out unless you run the cubes under hot water for quite a while and even then I had to have a buff male friend thwack and twist the cubes out. Then of course if you put them into an ice bucket, they'll just refreeze and stick together into once big ice block...probably not what you want if your shopping for tiny ice cube trays. These trays are an absolute waste of money and I really wish I'd sent them back before it was too late. Now I've just got some dust collectors, a lighter wallet, and a general air of pissiness any time I see the damn things and think back on the scammy jerks selling products that don't work.
on June 24, 2016
These are some of the best ice cube trays I have purchased yet. I have owned the older style plastic trays with the larger cubes, and even some silicone mold trays. It seems that with these cubes they last much longer and keep my drink much much colder. They can be a bit finicky getting them to come out, but as others have said, leaving them out on the counter for a few minutes or running the bottom through some hot water real quick will usually break them up quickly. I then dump the ice cubes into a ice basket so I can then just scoop some out of there when needed. These trays take up very little space and freeze quite fast due to the smaller design of each cube. I generally use 1/3 of a tray work of ice per large drink in a insulated cup and I never feel like my drink gets watered down.
on July 24, 2015
We ordered this to make small frozen cubes of various herbs so they're ready to go to make cooking after work faster. We puree the herbs with a little bit of olive oil, and then pour into this and freeze. This is the perfect size for our purpose since full size ice cubes end up being too large for most of our recipes. However, we found that getting the cubes out of this tray is very difficult. We bent it back and forth, ran it under warm water, etc and the cubes wouldn't budge until they had defrosted. However, since one try lasts us a month, we don't want to keep defrosting the whole tray to get a single cube or two. We finally had to use a shape knife to scrape out the cube. However, we were hoping to pop these all out to store them in a baggie or tupperware to save space in our freezer, and we can't do that since they don't come out in the cube shape when we scrape them out. If you're using for actual ice, you may have different results, but with our use, they have been the right size but too difficult to work with.
on September 6, 2017
These were just what I needed to fill a small neck thermos, but one caveat is that they are really hard to get the little cubes out. After reading other reviews about the process I've found the best way for me is to let them sit on the counter for 5 to 10 minutes. Then bend the tray in half really hard and then twist them back and forth. If you don't have strong hands then you're going to have a problem. I've also tried running water on the back of the trays before twisting but it still takes a lot of effort. If you get the cubes wet from the process they'll freeze together when they are put back in the freezer. I gave them 4 stars due to the difficulty in getting them emptied but I do like the size of the cubes, and they really do exactly what I needed.
on June 5, 2015
I have very mixed feelings about them. On one hand, I love the little cubes and they are easy to pop out it you let them sit for about a minute. I have 2 sets & I place one set down then turn the other set the opposite direction on top. This works well for stacking. My complaint is in filling them. My method of filling ice trays has always been to use a basic law of Physics and allow the water to seek it's on level. This works well with most ice trays because the outside is slightly higher than the inside cube sides. I can start pouring water in the center and it will disperse itself. With these trays, it's all one height and I find another basic law of Physics, tension, takes priority. So I end up with some holes empty while others have a tension bubble higher than the sides. I resolve this by spreading the water with a flat object and adding more water until all the cubes are filled. Takes a bit more time, but the end result of the little cubes is great. Just wish the trays were designed more like the traditional 14 cube trays.
on July 23, 2015
My wife and I love the small ice pellets you get at certain restaurants, but haven't been able to find a good way to replicate these at home (without having to pay crazy prices for a stand alone ice maker). These ice trays were the closest we've been able to come, and while the ice they make is good enough to get you by, the trays themselves leave much to be desired. I've broken four of them already (the handles are very flimsy, I recommend gripping towards the center when twisting these out, and NOT relying on the handles), and that's AFTER having let them sit out for a couple of minutes to loosen up the ice some.There's a fine line with these between "not yet there to all come out without breaking half of the cubes into pieces" and "too far, where there's a nice sheen of water around the cubes that will freeze them all together in a giant chunk if you're putting them back in the freezer". Also, they are "stackable", in that they don't recess into each other, but you'll end up with two trays stuck together. However, we continue to replace them because we like the smaller ice, even with all our issues with them.
on May 2, 2016
I bought these to use to make my smoothies each day since I don't have the most high tech blender and thought smaller ice cubes would be easier on my blender- THESE ARE PERFECT! I bought the white ice bin to go with it and because of the smaller cube size, these babies froze within 20 minutes of putting it in the freezer and I was able to fill up my whole ice bin within a few hours! These little cubes are easy on my blender and also for a quick cold drink- they're so easy and nice to chew on!! Definitely a great buy!! P.s. I agree with the other reviews that as long as you let the frozen trays sit out for maybe 2 minutes before twisting the cubes out, they will pop right out!!