Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 1,331 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,406 reviews
on October 12, 2015
I wanted some smaller ice cubes than the giant ones I have right now so I checked Amazon for some smaller cubes and found these! I made my first batch today and followed a review that said let them sit before removing from the tray, so I did just that and all of the ice cubes fell out easily. So far so good!
review image review image review image review image
on March 27, 2013
I purchased these trays recently because I love small ice cubes. I was hesitant after reading so many negative reviews, but I figured for $6, it was worth a try. Here's the key: You MUST leave them on the counter until the tray becomes a little flexible. I would say 5 minutes is about right. When the cubes start to melt enough to drop out, the tray WILL twist.
review image
For those who love to crunch on ice
This tiny size is nice
Just pop a couple in your mouth
And roll them round like dice

For making icy cocktail drinks
This size is pretty swell
And mixed with all those milky shakes
They'll grind up very well

The only problem that you'll find
Is popping from the tray
You have to let them sit a while
Or in there they will stay

The tray is not too flexible
It doesn't like to bend
You have to wait a minute plus
Before you can up-end

The way that really works for me
Is first, to let them sit
Then flip it on a paper towel
And thump the back a bit

Quick to freeze because they're small
But sadly and alas
You'll need to buy a lot because
Each tray fills just one glass

Amanda Richards, July 14, 2012
3939 comments| 650 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2016
I'm not the type of person to complain. This is actually my first ever 1 star review. I'd like to give the product a semi-positive spin but I can't find one. The tray is too rigid. When you try to twist it to remove the ice cubes, nothing happens. Yes, I tried leaving it out. Yes, I tried running it under water. In the end, probably about half of the cubes refused to come out at all and I just had to leave the tray out on the counter until they melted so I could package the trays up to be returned. I bought a different set of mini ice cube trays after this and the comparison is like night and day. While the first set felt like the ice was cemented in, the second set released the ice so easily that the first time I twisted it (a bit too firmly because I was nervous it wouldn't work) a handful of ice cubes shot out of the tray, three inches in the air!!! Moral of the story, DON'T BUY THESE, BUY A DIFFERENT SET.
on March 8, 2016
Worst ice cube trays ever! Not only are the ice cubes small as s**t (way smaller than I imagined-think smaller than a sugar cube), but the plastic is hard af and will not bend after its frozen unless you are the hulk. how do i get these icecubes out of this thing? I tried banging the thing against the counter. Nope. Hammer to the back? Nope. Ice pick? Nope. My last result was to run some warm water on the back in the sink to loosen them up. Did that work? Yes...but only after 3/4 if the whole tray fell in the sink. Just want a few icecubes? Yeah right. You try picking them out individually. You're a magician if u can make that happen.
on October 19, 2015
I rarely write negative reviews but I feel that people should know how much of pain these are. Sure they make nice little cube ice cubes but the plastic is way too hard. Normal ice cube trays twist to break apart the ice cubes so they fall out easily but these just don't budge. It's almost impossible to get the ice cubes out of the tray. Since they were so cheap they aren't worth returning but if you are looking for mini ice cube trays you might want to look elsewhere...Unless you are the Hulk
VINE VOICEon January 15, 2016
Firstly, the mini ice tray is solid and easy to fill and it is dishwasher safe. The ice cubes release easily but the problem I have is they all release at the same time. You need an ice bucket to pour them in. I have a small refrigerator and do not have extra room for an ice container. It is very difficult to just take out half of the cubes without all of them spilling out. This is a very good tray if you have an ice container bucket that you are planning on using to store the cubes but not very good if you just need to fill one glass with ice.
on April 13, 2017
This was such a waste of money and time. The only reason I'm giving it 2 stars is b/c the ice cubes are so cute and tiny...IF you can manage to get them out! We have tried to use these trays several times now, and the ice cubes will hardly come out. The plastic is so hard that the tray has absolutely no flexibility or give to crack the ice out. We finally just threw them out b/c we were frustrating ourselves too much over them.
Cute little mini cubes, and I DO mean MINI. They are 1/2 inch cubes. Great for putting in smoothies and our frozen yogurt treats. (1 cup yogurt and some frozen fruit, plus some coconut/almond milk and a few ice cubes). The large cubes take forever to grind up in the blender, but these are blended in fast and easily. No more leftover ice chunks in the drinks. I am getting more. I freeze, then empty into a freezer container with a scoop, for fast access.
on December 5, 2016
This thing SUX. You can't get the ice out. If you run water over it to loosen the cubes, then twist, NOTHING HAPPENS. If you leave it sit on the counter for a few minutes then twist, NOTHING HAPPENS. This thing won't release the cubes until they are almost completely melted. I would have sent this back for a refund but by the time the shipping charges apply, It just wouldn't be worth standing at the post office for.