Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Cuisinart 733-30H Chef's Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5-1/2-quart stainless-steel sauté pan; mirror-finish exterior with matte interior
- Aluminum-encapsulated base for excellent conductivity and even heat distribution
- Stay-cool, stainless-steel riveted handle with helper handle to ease lifting
- Tight-fitting cover locks in moisture and nutrients for more flavorful foods
- Oven-safe up to 550 degrees F; broiler, freezer, and dishwasher-safe; lifetime warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Cuisinart Chef's Classic Stainless Steel
The 5.5 Quart Sauté Pan with Helper Handle & Cover is a supremely versatile pan twith high, straight sides and the flat cooking surface to maximize capacity. Sear meats, poultry and more; cover to simmer for a perfect finish with convenient measurement markings so you know exactly how much food you are preparing.
- Chef's Choice Stainless: Mirror finish. Classic looks, professional performance
- Unsurpassed Heat Distribution: Aluminum encapsulated base heats quickly and spreads heat evenly. Eliminates hot spots
- Cool Grip Handle: Solid stainless steel riveted handle stays cool on the stovetop. A helper handle provides extra support and balance when lifting and pouring
- Drip-Free Pouring: Rim is tapered for drip-free pouring
- Flavor Lock Lid: Tight-fitting cover seals in moisture and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results, every time you cook
- Dishwasher Safe: Premium stainless steel easily cleans to original brilliant finish
- Stainless Steel for Professional Results: Stainless steel cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors. Great for classic cooking techniques like slow simmers, rolling boils and reduction of liquids
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||12.7 x 21.4 x 4.7 in||12 x 21 x 4.7 in||12.28 x 18.86 x 3.98 in||12.8 x 21.06 x 4.53 in||11.58 x 5.8 x 21.2 in||12.6 x 22.1 x 5.1 in|
|Item Weight||7.5 lbs||5 lbs||5.72 lbs||5 lbs||—||8 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||5.5-Quart||5 Quart||3 Quart||5.5-Quart||5.5-Quart||5-Quart|
Endorsed by none other than the legendary French chef Paul Bocuse (the only restaurateur in the world to be awarded the prestigious Michelin 3 Stars for over 36 consecutive years), Cuisinart's Chef's Classic stainless cookware is high quality, yet affordable. Unlike many lines of cookware, it can go in the dishwasher for clean up, yet the aluminum core within the base provides even and efficient heating. This covered saute is useful for simmering, sauteing and skillet dinners. It's equipped with a helper handle to make life easier.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The pot is not stained outside and is never put in a dishwasher. It looks like water entrapment between the rivets and the pot is causing the rust. Hope I am successful in getting a replacement, this thing was expensive for a pot.
Read all the reviews before getting it and noticed a lot say it does not heat up well enough, it sticks, it doesn't clean well, the lid is too heavy and the wok is too light, and to only use it on medium low heat to avoid burned or stuck food. I tried it on medium low heat and it had so little heat that I could touch the sides of the pan and it wast even warm to the touch. Stir-fry meals came out soggy. I finally decided to use it on high heat, which is how stir-fry is supposed to be cooked at and everything worked great. Nothing stuck.
Keep in mind, with stir-fry, you are supposed to be cooking at blazing hot temperatures in very little time. Often a dish is cooked less than 5 minutes. From my experience with this wok/stir-fry pan, those that mention burnt food are not cooking stir-fry at the speed it should be done and are not stirring as often as they should. A stir-fry should never be left alone and always tossed around until it is done cooking.
Whatever leftover food stains on the wok can be worked out with some soaking and Bar Keepers Friend. BKF also removes the rainbow stains and hard water stains. I do not use the lid. It is way too heavy and you don't need it with stir-fry. As for the wok being too light, that's generally how it should be as the method used during stir-fry is to lift the wok up with one hand and dish/scrape the food onto a place with the other. If it was too heavy, you wouldn't be able to do this.
In summary, when using this wok:
1. Use it on high heat
2. Add oil, wait for it to heat up
3. Add food. Usually it goes onions/garlic/ginger first, then meat/vegetables, then sauces
5. Babysit the dish with constant tossing. If you must simmer, lower the heat. If you want a thicker sauce, add corn starch and water mixture. Babysit, babysit, babysit.
6. Dish out onto plate
7. Soak wok in water, immerse fully
8. If there's still food stains, use Bar Keepers Friend
I'm happy with this purchase. It is definitely a good investment as are most stainless steel cookware.
However, when I opened the box and actually read the short pamphlet about how to care for this product I saw that the FIRST thing it mentions is to NEVER cook or boil anything at HIGH HEAT. You are only supposed to go from low to medium. This because the way this cookware is designed, it heats up very fast and very hot with only the minimal heat settings. So, medium on a stove would be the equivalent of high heat.
It makes sense that some people may have simply overlooked this, and started boiling water, cook steak etc, on high heat and then been confused as to why things were burning.
I bought this product in October 2011. Today while simmering on medium heat, the glass lid shattered like a gunshot and thousands of shards went everywhere in the kitchen. It went in the food, and into the other room. This is absolutely unacceptable. If I had been closer, it would have hit me in the face. This is a big safety issue that has seriously made me consider not buying any Cuisinart products as this should have been tested. Please don't buy this product- I think that's why it is so cheap. I will call Cuisinart tomorrow, but I do not want a replacement. It was really scary and I spent hours cleaning the shards out of everything.