Cuisinart 766-26 Chef's Classic 12-Quart Stockpot with Cover
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Chef's Choice Stainless: Mirror finish. Classic looks, professional performance.
- Unsurpassed Heat Distribution: Aluminum encapsulated base heats quickly and spreads heat evenly. Eliminates hot spots.
- Stainless Steel for Professional Results: Stainless steel cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors. Great for classic cooking techniques like slow simmers, rolling boils and reduction of liquids.
- Cool Grip Handle: Solid stainless steel riveted handle stays cool on the stovetop. A helper handle provides extra support and balance when lifting and pouring.
- Drip-Free Pouring: Rim is tapered for drip-free pouring.
- Flavor Lock Lid: Tight-fitting cover seals in moisture and nutrients for healthier, more flavorful results, every time you cook.
- Dishwasher Safe: Premium stainless steel easily cleans to original brilliant finish.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Price||$49.95||$39.00||$56.94||$45.99||$34.97||Add to cart to see price. Why?|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||11.4 x 13.8 x 9.6 in||10.25 x 10.25 x 8.5 in||11 x 13.25 x 9.5 in||9.75 x 4.75 x 10.75 in||11 x 12.5 x 8.25 in||11.25 x 14.13 x 8.13 in|
|Item Weight||3 lbs||5.8 lbs||—||4.7 lbs||5.5 lbs||8.1 lbs|
|Material Type||Steel||Stainless Steel||Steel||Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
Inspired by the kitchens of France, our elegant Cuisinart Chef's Classic Stainless Cookware Collection features stainless steel and pure aluminum encapsulated in the base for fast and even heating. We guarantee the 12 Quart Stockpot with Cover with a lifetime warranty and include measurement markings inside the stockpot for easier cooking.
Simmer that perfect lamb curry or boil up a party-size platter of pasta in this classic 12-quart Cuisinart stockpot. Made of professional quality 18/10 stainless steel that won't react with acidic foods, the pot features solid cast stainless-steel handles, a tight-fitting lid with drip-free rim, and a mirror finish that retains its brightness through dishwasher, freezer, broiler, and oven use up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. The tapered rim of the pot allows easy pouring. For superior, even heating, an aluminum disk is encapsulated between two layers of stainless steel in the base. The stockpot measures 9 inches high and 11 inches in diameter; 14-1/2 inches including handles. Cuisinart covers the pot with a limited lifetime warranty.--Ann Bieri
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, when I opened the box and actually read the short pamphlet about how to care for this product I saw that the FIRST thing it mentions is to NEVER cook or boil anything at HIGH HEAT. You are only supposed to go from low to medium. This because the way this cookware is designed, it heats up very fast and very hot with only the minimal heat settings. So, medium on a stove would be the equivalent of high heat.
It makes sense that some people may have simply overlooked this, and started boiling water, cook steak etc, on high heat and then been confused as to why things were burning.
Read all the reviews before getting it and noticed a lot say it does not heat up well enough, it sticks, it doesn't clean well, the lid is too heavy and the wok is too light, and to only use it on medium low heat to avoid burned or stuck food. I tried it on medium low heat and it had so little heat that I could touch the sides of the pan and it wast even warm to the touch. Stir-fry meals came out soggy. I finally decided to use it on high heat, which is how stir-fry is supposed to be cooked at and everything worked great. Nothing stuck.
Keep in mind, with stir-fry, you are supposed to be cooking at blazing hot temperatures in very little time. Often a dish is cooked less than 5 minutes. From my experience with this wok/stir-fry pan, those that mention burnt food are not cooking stir-fry at the speed it should be done and are not stirring as often as they should. A stir-fry should never be left alone and always tossed around until it is done cooking.
Whatever leftover food stains on the wok can be worked out with some soaking and Bar Keepers Friend. BKF also removes the rainbow stains and hard water stains. I do not use the lid. It is way too heavy and you don't need it with stir-fry. As for the wok being too light, that's generally how it should be as the method used during stir-fry is to lift the wok up with one hand and dish/scrape the food onto a place with the other. If it was too heavy, you wouldn't be able to do this.
In summary, when using this wok:
1. Use it on high heat
2. Add oil, wait for it to heat up
3. Add food. Usually it goes onions/garlic/ginger first, then meat/vegetables, then sauces
5. Babysit the dish with constant tossing. If you must simmer, lower the heat. If you want a thicker sauce, add corn starch and water mixture. Babysit, babysit, babysit.
6. Dish out onto plate
7. Soak wok in water, immerse fully
8. If there's still food stains, use Bar Keepers Friend
I'm happy with this purchase. It is definitely a good investment as are most stainless steel cookware.
The pot is not stained outside and is never put in a dishwasher. It looks like water entrapment between the rivets and the pot is causing the rust. Hope I am successful in getting a replacement, this thing was expensive for a pot.
I bought this product in October 2011. Today while simmering on medium heat, the glass lid shattered like a gunshot and thousands of shards went everywhere in the kitchen. It went in the food, and into the other room. This is absolutely unacceptable. If I had been closer, it would have hit me in the face. This is a big safety issue that has seriously made me consider not buying any Cuisinart products as this should have been tested. Please don't buy this product- I think that's why it is so cheap. I will call Cuisinart tomorrow, but I do not want a replacement. It was really scary and I spent hours cleaning the shards out of everything.