Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cuisinart BFP-703CH SmartPower Duet Blender and Food Processor, Chrome
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on March 7, 2007
HORRIBLY loud, when I use the food processor i have to leave the room because of the high pitch screech (sp?), and it's still bad in the other room.

Does NOT work well, when i make hummus the liquid comes out the sides, when I make a smoothie it takes forever to get smooth. I really thought it would be nice to have a 2 in 1 appliance, but this is not the one.
on December 4, 2012
I received this blender/food processor as a gift last Christmas and have been pleased with it so far. The blender carafe is sturdy enough for my uses and cleans easily by hand or in the dishwasher. I haven't had any issues with the plastic bits warping from the heat of the dishwasher as I've had with cheaper blenders. The food processor is nice but a little on the small side in my opinion. To be honest, I don't use the food processor as much as the blender but it's certainly nice to have available and it's served it's purpose the few times I've actually used it.

The motor is relatively quiet and seems to be powerful enough for every job I've ever needed it for. The buttons are easy enough to use however I wish there was a finer control of motor speed. It seems to me that every time I use the blender I'm hoping for a speed setting that's just a bit slower than the slowest setting. Other than that small annoyance I've been pretty happy with this food processor and like the fact that I don't have to take up precious space in my kitchen.
on November 29, 2003
I bought this because I didn't have a food processor, and my blender had broken. I thought this would be a good compromise for my small kitchen. The blender has always worked fine. The food processor, however--
1. When I got it, a small piece was missing, which meant I could not use the shredder/slicer. I had to wait months for Cusinart to send me the missing part.
2. The bowl of the food processor cracked. Specifically, one of the locks that hold it to the base. Now, when using it, I have to hold the bowl down with my hand. There is also a crack in the top.
3. It doesn't work well at all for grating cheese, which was the main reason I wanted a food processor! I end up with big chunks of cheese trapped between the top and the shredder blade.
All in all, I don't recommend this product. The food processor should work as well as the blender... but it just doesn't. The work bowl is far too flimsy.
on February 10, 2012
After buying the first Cuisinart manufactured back in the late 1970s and being happy with it for about 16 years, I thought it was the best brand in small kitchen electronics UNTIL I bought THIS product. The base of the jar is plastic and cracked with just light use (fruit smoothie making only). Unfortunately I am not under warranty. I thought I would have to go without having a blender till I could afford a VitaMix but when I checked online I found a very affordable Kitchen Aid blender that is highly rated (2nd only to VitaMix which is priced at $500.00). I was happy to find one in red (my favorite color for kitchen accessories) at Lowe's for only about $85.00. It's obvious that it's made in a way that it won't have the same problem as this Cuisinart blender. There is no plastic base to break....everything in that area is heavy metal. I used it to make my own hummus and it works like a dream. I do not foresee any future problems with the KitchenAid 560. Shame on Cuisinart for not standing behind their past reputation and making it right with customers when there is such an obvious manufacturing defect.
on January 23, 2006
Making hummus with the food processor sent my husband from the kitchen because of the loud noise. When I had finished processing the beans I noticed my ears felt like I had been standing next to the speakers at a rock concert...kind of a blocked feeling. Haven't tried the blender yet...
on May 8, 2008
this product does everything you purchase it to do. sturdy, processess and blends ... and looks nice when out in your kitchen.
on April 12, 2013
Other than the unit being quite noisy, the unit works great. I use the food processor a few times a week, used it to make baby food for all three of my kids. I use the blender less frequently, maybe every other week. Can't say I have used the blender with ice more than handful over the years, so maybe that is the problem people are having with the motor, breakage, smell, etc? Love the space it saves in the closet by not housing two separate motors..never broke, have never had to replace a part, never had a burning smell. I will agree the blender could have a better spout for pouring, it can be a little messy.
on April 6, 2005
The blender works great; I am not especially pleased with the food processor, mainly because it is painfully loud. (To the point where I don't want to use it late at night for fear of annoying a neighbor in my apartment building!)

I've also found the bowl plastic to be quite brittle, and its small size can be a limitation. It's great for small batches of stuff like pesto, but can't handle bigger jobs.

It's a great "starter" machine for someone on a budget, and the flexibility of having both machines in one is nice for small kitchens. But if you have the money to spend, I'd recommend going for something a little more serious.
on November 21, 2009
Worked great at first and was not too loud. Now after four years and not much use we decided to start using it again because of making baby food. Well, the baby has to be at the other end of our home and you need to wear professional ear muffs/guards to be able to stand next to it while it is processing. The muffs still don't even block out the majority of the horrendous shrilling noise.

It chops the food fine in the processor part, but the blender doesn't work well blending fruit(always having to take off and shake around content so that it will blend it up).

DO NOT RECOMMEND, JUST FOR HEALTH SAKE!!!!
on October 9, 2013
Needed a replacement for a Kitchen Aid blender. Already had a Vita Mix but sometimes it is just too heavy to get down. This Cuisinart dual purpose blender is the perfect one to leave out on the counter top. Makes great smoothies and mochas. The little chopper works great for chopping soup fixings. Multiple speeds. And it will go in the dishwasher. Cleanup is fast. Price was GREAT! Thanks Amazon for a great daily special.