Cuisinart C77SS-15PK 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Superior high carbon stainless steel blades for precision and accuracy
- Strong, durable bolster for perfect stability and control
- Ergonomically designed stainless steel handle provides comfort
- Easy to clean and precision-tapered ground blades that narrow gradually to an extremely sharp, fine edge
- Lifetime Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Ultimate in Quality and Convenience
Variety of innovative new knife and block styles let home cooks customize their cutlery collection.
Knives are crafted with superior high carbon stainless steel blades for precision and accuracy.
Knives have a strong durable bolster for perfect stability and control.
Ergonomically designed stainless steel handle provides comfort and support.
Block set comes with six 4.5" hot-forged steak knives you can be proud to use at the table.
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Premium 18-Piece Knife Block Set
Cuisinart C77TR-15P Triple Rivet Collection 15-Piece Knife Block Set
Cuisinart C77SS-17P 17-Piece Artiste Collection Cutlery Knife Block Set, Stainless Steel
Chicago Cutlery Elston 16pc Block Set
Cuisinart C77SS-15P Graphix Collection 15-Piece Cutlery Knife Block Set, Stainless Steel
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||aSavings - Same Day Shipping||Amazon.com||WhoIsCamera|
|Color||15 Piece||Black||Black||Stainless Steel||Natural Wood||Stainless Steel|
|Item Dimensions||6.5 x 14.88 x 11.12 in||9 x 6.29 x 14 in||5.88 x 14.37 x 10.25 in||7.25 x 6.75 x 14.5 in||9.2 x 7.4 x 14.7 in||6 x 11 x 14.75 in|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Wood||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Size||Hollow Handle||18-Piece||15 piece||17 Piece||—||15 Piece|
Introducing the Cuisinart Classic Stainless Steel Cutlery 15-piece Block Set. This set includes an 8" Chef Knife, 8" Slicing Knife, 7" Santoku Knife, 5.5" Serrated Utility Knife, 3.5" Paring Knife, 3.5" Bird's Beak Paring Knife, 8" Sharpening Steel, All-Purpose Household Shears and Block to hold them all.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The "steak" knives that come with this set are not serrated. They look NOTHING like the product listing shows. However, they start out quite sharp, a little small in the hand, and fairly oddly shaped for dinner cutlery. I'm really not a fan of the steak knives for their intended purpose, but out of all of the pieces of this set they are by far the highest quality and I anticipated them outlasting everything else. I frequently use them to slice fruit.
2. The chef knife is a good size but really lacking in heft. All of the larger knives share this issue - the handle is really sub-par and feels as though it's hollow. Back to the knife, it starts off quite sharp but doesn't hold an edge for very long. It has a fairly pointless finger guard on it that will eventually get in the way once sharpened enough times.
3. The "slicing" knife is probably the best out of the specialized set. It works well for vegetables and things that otherwise don't have much fight in them to begin with. I don't know why you need this if you have a good chef knife, but it works well enough
4. The "bread" knife is really quite small and the only truly serrated knife in this set. It's also not much good for cutting any type of bread - the serrated points are too rough for a clean cut. More often gets used as a proper steak knife.
5. I scarcely need a good pairing knife, let alone two dull, cheap feeling knives that aren't good enough to do anything with.
7. The scissors. They're scissors, honestly, not shears. They might kinda look like shears but I really think you would be risking injury to yourself to try and use these like you might actual kitchen shears. Good enough for opening packages of frozen vegetables, though.
You might be saying "Hey, you skipped 6!" and I would say "No, it's really just that the honing tool in this thing is so cheap and underwhelming that I've never bothered to use it."
The block this whole package of mediocrity comes in is probably the best part of it. It looks sharp and is fairly well balanced. I like that it has a place for even the oddball things like the shears and honing tool.
Overall, I mean, honestly? Just buy a quality chef's knife and a set of whatever will pass for steak knives in your home and you would have your bases covered better than this set can manage.
So far as the other negative reviews here concerned with spotting and rusting on the blades: Stop putting them in the dishwasher, and if you say you haven't been, you're either lying (or someone else in your house is doing it without your knowledge) or you're putting your knifes into the block wet/not drying them properly. Cut it out.
There are reasons this set is less than perfect, and user error has nothing to do with it.
One of the "elf shoes" knives developed a crack on it, if you can believe it. Would recommend for you to save yourself the money & save up for better knives.
Holds a good edge
Nice machined feel (Not too slippery)
Stainless steel throughout (No soggy wood)
Plenty of variety
Straight edged steak knives (Cleaner cut)
Beautiful display block
Kind of brittle (Delicate)
Will rust a bit if left wet
Slots for steak knives are crooked (Knives are displayed staggered)
A bit light (I would prefer them to be a bit heavier)
The main butcher's knife did break; the tip of the butcher's knife broke off. I contacted Cuisinart directly by phone for a warranty replacement. The CSR was very polite and informative during our conversation, but wasn't very clear about when I would receive my replacement or if I would have to pay the five dollar replacement fee. I waited almost two weeks, and right before I was about to call back, the knife arrived in the mail. It was brand new and I was charged no fee. Cuisinart gets an A for dependability, but a C for communication. That gives them a solid B overall for handling the situation. I have had no issues since.
The knives are great and the price is right. If you're looking for a great cutlery set and a modest price, this Cuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set is the way to go.