Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,734 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,875 reviews
on January 18, 2016
Short Review: This juicer is simple and easy to use. If you need a juicer, buy this one.

Detailed Review: "What? We've lived in Florida for a year and we don't own a juicer?" This was my husband's lament a few days ago when we decided to go to a local orchard and "u-pick" some oranges. I immediately searched Amazon, found a juicer with good reviews that could also be delivered the same day and ordered it. The next day we picked oranges and tested out the juicer. It is amazing!

My two favorite features are: 1.) Pulp Management. I love lots of pulp in my juice so I have it set to wide open. Other members of the family want less so with a simple twist, less pulp makes it to the glass. Even better... I did the low pulp first, and high pulp last to get all the extra pulp from the first glass into mine! 2.) The ability to do that "final spin" to get the last of the juice out of the machine. Put the clear plastic cover on and press down and the thing spins like a jet engine to send all the remaining juice down the spout. (The complaint of it being "too loud" is unfounded in my opinion.) Clean-up is simple and quick. Little more than a flush under running water is needed. I know it can go in the dishwasher, but I'm not sure I will ever clean it that way.

We picked and used "Honeybell" Oranges for our juice. It consistently took 1 1/2 oranges to fill the glass (10oz). They were juicy! Of course your variety and size of orange will determine how much juice you will get from each one, but as you can see from the photos, this juicer completely cleaned out the peels. Nothing left behind! You will be able to get every drop of juice available in your fruit.

Final Recommendation: Just buy it!
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2017
Before I actually saw a citrus juicer in action on TV, I always thought that they were for lazy people who didn't want to juice their own lemons. I was wrong. I bought this juicer after watching the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network use it in almost every episode, and now I know why. Let me just lay out the benefits of using an electric citrus juicer as opposed to using a wooden reamer. First of all, if you need to measure out a precise amount of citrus juice for a recipe, it is much easier to put a measuring cup under the plastic snap-up spout of the electric juicer rather than trying to aim into the measuring cup using a wooden reamer. Second, electric juicers get so much more juice out of citrus fruits than a regular lemon squeezer. The Cuisinart citrus juicer automatically switches the direction of the reamer to get the most out of the citrus. Another benefit of electric juicers is the fact that when you are using an electric juicer citrus juice won't squirt into your eyes as does a manual juicer. Also, the Cuisinart features a unique "Final-Spin" feature similar to that in a clothes washing machine. How the final-spin feature works is that once you take the empty citrus off of the reamer, you press the clear plastic lid down onto the juicer which makes the reamer spin really fast and uses centrifugal force to squeeze all the juice out of the remaining pulp. You just can't do that with a wooden reamer. Another benefit of the Cuisinart juicer is that it filters out the pulp. Most if not all electric citrus juicers have this feature, however, most manual juicers don't. Also, with the Cuisinart, every removable part is dishwasher safe which is very convenient for cleaning. I mentioned the snap-up spout earlier in this review but I didn't explain what it was. Basically, the snap-up spout stops the juice from getting on your countertop which is especially useful if you don't want lemon juice all over your counters. The Cuisinart juicer features a stainless steel body which looks very nice and will definitely last a long time. A lot of electric juicers' motors are very loud, but that isn't the case with the Cuisinart. The Cuisinart isn't that loud and won't interrupt normal conversations. Overall, electric citrus juicers offer many benefits over manual juicers, and if you are willing to purchase one I would fully recommend the Cuisinart for it's final spin feature and it's stainless steel body.

Pros:
- Unique "final-spin" feature
- Stainless steel body
- Snap-up spout
- Quieter than most electric citrus juicers
- Pulp-control

Cons:
- None

If you found this review helpful I would appreciate it if you clicked the "helpful" button below this review. Thanks!
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2017
Very reasonable price for an electric reamer. I've tried presses in this $25 price range and of course manual reamers and those don't extract all the juice. The electric reamer does a great job of getting all the juice and most pulp out of the orange, and then the spin cycle gets most of the juice out of the pulp. (Don't leave the orange peel in there while running that.) Wasn't sure about that feature when I saw it but I'm sold on it now. Clean up is just about as easy as any when you're dealing with juice. I did have a few drops fly onto the counter while extracting. On my first good sized navel orange I got almost 2/3 of a cup. From a smaller than normal Cara Cara I got a 1/2 cup.

Pros:
-Gets far more juice out than any other I've tried. (A vegetable juicer obviously could get the most but that's not what I want for OJ)
Spin cycle really works
-Clean up fairly easy. Every piece just lifts straight off the motor base. The sieve has 3 positions for high/med/low pulp and a full quarter turn separates the two parts for rinsing off.
-Doesn't take long. Certainly nothing faster than a good lever press, but the cheap one I bought from BB&B didn't do a good job of extracting.

Cons:
-None other than how long will it last? Reviews of similar machines have stories of the plastic teeth wearing out. This one just has a long hexagonal shaft that should last. Electric motors burn out when they aren't able to spin at full speed. It's strong when geared down for reaming so that's not likely. When the spin cycle is going it won't have the same torque so that's why I don't think you should do the high speed with the rind inside. If large enough it could jam against the clear plastic lid and restrict the motor.
-You do have to watch that you don't ream too much and go into the rind.

This manual squeezer is decent (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LMVLKO/), but I will be using my electric Cuisinart from now on.
review image review image
on January 13, 2014
Over the years, I have tried every way of juicing oranges that one can imagine: The little plastic ones you get in a supermarket; the pretty glass ones you get at Macy's; the big, steel ones you can hardly lift that are hard to clean after you've finished, etc etc. I've tried them all. Except for those industrial, expensive, triple-figure gizmos you see at the health food store or behind the counter at a deli, I can tell you that this machine is the best you can buy. (No hype here; I don't work for the company! LOL). Start with the weight -- Fairly light. Next, the motor -- ample power to get the job done. You adjust the settings to low or high pulp and you're ready to go. You simply hold the half-orange over the cone and press down. The cone spins. You notice lots of juice immediately. Squeeze the sides of the orange firmly as the cone spins and then you let up for a quick second and the cone reverses direction! More fresh, delicious juice pours into the glass. Continue and as you press, keep a little pressure on the sides of the orange until there is not much left but rind. Finally... it only gets better: You put the juicer cover on, press down lightly and it spins, faster and faster until it drains all the remaining juice into your glass! Get yourself a little scrub brush or a big toothbrush and run the three parts under water for a minute and it's ready to go next morning! In my opinion, for the price this is the best juicer on the market today.
11 comment| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2011
I like to keep a bottle of fresh-squeezed lemon juice in the fridge for making lemonade, other drinks, and for cooking - let's face it, concentrated lemon juice you get in the store is lousy (and that's being nice). But I'm not willing to pay $50 to $100 or more for fresh juice, and the more versatile juicers out there don't do as good a job with lemons as a dedicated citrus juicer.

I've ordered and set back several basic citrus juicers (including the earlier Cuisinart incarnation, the CCJ-100), looking for something that does its job and isn't a piece of junk. I've finally found it. The motor is sturdy enough to withstand a good amount of downward pressure without choking, and has lasted at least through several large bags of lemons (my only complaint about the CCJ-100 was that it wore out within a short timeframe, and the motor started screaming - definitely on its last legs). Like the 100, this model has a nice watertight spout that holds the juice without spilling a drop until you are ready to dispense. It also has a more stable footprint (a chief complaint about the 100 from other users), a pulp selector for three levels of pulp, and a spin feature that extracts juice that normally stays in the pulp.

Since it's a new model I wasn't able to find a better deal than $30, but it's worth it to have a product that works. No complaints!
22 comments| 218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2017
Pulp control seems to be a misnomer for this juicer. If I set it to low pulp, all of the pulp quickly collects at the top of the juicer after 1-2 oranges. I have to clean it out frequently or else it would overflow and make a huge mess. If I set it to high pulp, the same thing happens, but now it's even worse because some of the pulp gets clogged at the point where the juice flows down to the spigot, and I have to jam my finger through it to clean it out. It was a huge nuisance every time trying to use this juicer.

I went back to using an old-school style juicer like this one (not the exact same model): BLACK+DECKER 32oz Citrus Juicer, White, CJ650W. It's much easier to clean after you're all finished, and you don't have to constantly clean out the pulp like you have to do with this Cuisinart juicer.
on March 21, 2017
Unable to find an exact replacement for our old, simple, powerful Braun juicer, we bought the Cuisinart based on the reviews and Cuisinart reputation. Comparing the Cuisinart to the Braun we had for too many years to remember, we give this model a 4 with reservations, pending longer term use.

What we like:

1. The price!
2. It juices quickly and efficiently, and we appreciate the concepts of the "reverse" and "spin" features that both serve to get the last drop of juice out of every pulp.
3. Love the pulp management feature that allows for as little or as much pulp as you prefer.
4. Although louder than the demo on the product page, we did not find the noise to be too loud and don't think it's any louder than the old Braun.
5. The height of the spout allows for juice glasses up to 5 inches, without having to prop it up.
6. Added bonus: The nickel and black color matches our kitchen appliances perfectly

Not so much:

1. We could tell from the first use that the motor in the Braun was more powerful. I don't think this model will last as long with our daily juicing and noticed a number of reviewers said theirs stopped working after several months. I'll revisit my review later and update, as needed.
2. The part that captures pulp is a little more difficult to clean out than our old juicer, but not a deal breaker. While dishwasher safe, I don't want pulp clogging up the dishwasher, so we hand wash and air dry.
on January 7, 2016
I tested this machine right away. Juiced TWO BAGS of grapefruits. Made me quite a lot of two kinds of grapefruits. I have never been a person who likes pulp, but I have enjoyed the pulp, with this. I also juiced three oranges this morning, make me almost 8oz! Again, I never liked pulp, but with this, I quite enjoyed it. The only slight negativity I might have is that the spinner part does not rotate each time. When releasing my grip on the orange, it often continues in the same direction maybe four times, then rotates. The last step, putting the case/lid on top and spinning one final time ... GREAT.
on March 2, 2017
I'm an acid freak! Acid freak as per lemons and limes!!!

This is a wonderful juicer for me because I use lemons and limes frequently. I used to have a hand squeezer that never really got all the juice. This juicer cleans the inside of the lemon or lime and also goes in different directions to make sure the juice is extracted.

You are able to adjust the juicer for the level of pulp you would like in the juice. It is extremely easy to clean. I just rinse well and move on!

The price is right and you will love it and the convenience it brings.
on July 27, 2015
The combination reamer and filter can quickly become filled wit pulp wit some oranges and then is splatters everywhere of you use the Final-Spin feature which also creates multiple problems including the need to stop and was the basin or the pulp which shot out will drop down and clog the drainage hole also resulting in clumpy juice not pulpy juice and makes the filter several time as hard to wash out. I'd not use that feature. The tray is not lilted enough and often leaves juice in the machine even without pulp blockage. It worth quickly and perfectly with limes (any of three types a tried) and lemons (including Meyer or "large"). Will never bog down, the unit is more likely to start moving first. If it does move you are probably pressing too hard to be effective anyway. It is quiet enough I no longer need to put on my 30 db ear protectors to make juice unlike the one from Black & Decker which is extremely loud. Why is say Pulp control I have no idea. You have absolutely NO control. Rinses easily if using sprayer but will take forever if just placed under a gravity fed 2.5 GPM faucet. It need some jetting action from the top then the side (rotating it) and then them bottom. I usually just rinse and then occasionally wash in the dishwasher top tray. I have never need to wash the spindle like some reviewer complained about. I have no clue how they are abusing it to require that. The clear top also acts as the activator for the Final-Spin feature which works when the whole top portion is pressed down by the top lid after reaming. It will cause the reamer and filter to spin very fast so that centrifugal forces will extract juice from the pulp in the combination filter and reamer part but as stated it will splatter EVERYWHERE and not just into the filter on onto the top but onto the edge of the tray where it will the drop down into the lower and infiltrate juice below cuseing unpleasant lumpos and clogging the drainage hole.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.