Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon

Color: NICKEL|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,591 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,723 reviews
on January 18, 2016
Short Review: This juicer is simple and easy to use. If you need a juicer, buy this one.

Detailed Review: "What? We've lived in Florida for a year and we don't own a juicer?" This was my husband's lament a few days ago when we decided to go to a local orchard and "u-pick" some oranges. I immediately searched Amazon, found a juicer with good reviews that could also be delivered the same day and ordered it. The next day we picked oranges and tested out the juicer. It is amazing!

My two favorite features are: 1.) Pulp Management. I love lots of pulp in my juice so I have it set to wide open. Other members of the family want less so with a simple twist, less pulp makes it to the glass. Even better... I did the low pulp first, and high pulp last to get all the extra pulp from the first glass into mine! 2.) The ability to do that "final spin" to get the last of the juice out of the machine. Put the clear plastic cover on and press down and the thing spins like a jet engine to send all the remaining juice down the spout. (The complaint of it being "too loud" is unfounded in my opinion.) Clean-up is simple and quick. Little more than a flush under running water is needed. I know it can go in the dishwasher, but I'm not sure I will ever clean it that way.

We picked and used "Honeybell" Oranges for our juice. It consistently took 1 1/2 oranges to fill the glass (10oz). They were juicy! Of course your variety and size of orange will determine how much juice you will get from each one, but as you can see from the photos, this juicer completely cleaned out the peels. Nothing left behind! You will be able to get every drop of juice available in your fruit.

Final Recommendation: Just buy it!
review image review image review image review image
on February 14, 2017
Before I actually saw a citrus juicer in action on TV, I always thought that they were for lazy people who didn't want to juice their own lemons. I was wrong. I bought this juicer after watching the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network use it in almost every episode, and now I know why. Let me just lay out the benefits of using an electric citrus juicer as opposed to using a wooden reamer. First of all, if you need to measure out a precise amount of citrus juice for a recipe, it is much easier to put a measuring cup under the plastic snap-up spout of the electric juicer rather than trying to aim into the measuring cup using a wooden reamer. Second, electric juicers get so much more juice out of citrus fruits than a regular lemon squeezer. The Cuisinart citrus juicer automatically switches the direction of the reamer to get the most out of the citrus. Another benefit of electric juicers is the fact that when you are using an electric juicer citrus juice won't squirt into your eyes as does a manual juicer. Also, the Cuisinart features a unique "Final-Spin" feature similar to that in a clothes washing machine. How the final-spin feature works is that once you take the empty citrus off of the reamer, you press the clear plastic lid down onto the juicer which makes the reamer spin really fast and uses centrifugal force to squeeze all the juice out of the remaining pulp. You just can't do that with a wooden reamer. Another benefit of the Cuisinart juicer is that it filters out the pulp. Most if not all electric citrus juicers have this feature, however, most manual juicers don't. Also, with the Cuisinart, every removable part is dishwasher safe which is very convenient for cleaning. I mentioned the snap-up spout earlier in this review but I didn't explain what it was. Basically, the snap-up spout stops the juice from getting on your countertop which is especially useful if you don't want lemon juice all over your counters. The Cuisinart juicer features a stainless steel body which looks very nice and will definitely last a long time. A lot of electric juicers' motors are very loud, but that isn't the case with the Cuisinart. The Cuisinart isn't that loud and won't interrupt normal conversations. Overall, electric citrus juicers offer many benefits over manual juicers, and if you are willing to purchase one I would fully recommend the Cuisinart for it's final spin feature and it's stainless steel body.

Pros:
- Unique "final-spin" feature
- Stainless steel body
- Snap-up spout
- Quieter than most electric citrus juicers
- Pulp-control

Cons:
- None

If you found this review helpful I would appreciate it if you clicked the "helpful" button below this review. Thanks!
Awesome juicer! Easy to clean. Just rinse the three removable parts when you are finished. Tap the strainer a few times to remove the seeds that it catches.

Here is my recipe using this juicer for a low calorie lemonade that tastes great:
2 Lemons cut in half and run through the juicer
1/2 cup of stevia in the raw
Filter water to fill 72 ounce pitcher
review image
on January 13, 2014
Over the years, I have tried every way of juicing oranges that one can imagine: The little plastic ones you get in a supermarket; the pretty glass ones you get at Macy's; the big, steel ones you can hardly lift that are hard to clean after you've finished, etc etc. I've tried them all. Except for those industrial, expensive, triple-figure gizmos you see at the health food store or behind the counter at a deli, I can tell you that this machine is the best you can buy. (No hype here; I don't work for the company! LOL). Start with the weight -- Fairly light. Next, the motor -- ample power to get the job done. You adjust the settings to low or high pulp and you're ready to go. You simply hold the half-orange over the cone and press down. The cone spins. You notice lots of juice immediately. Squeeze the sides of the orange firmly as the cone spins and then you let up for a quick second and the cone reverses direction! More fresh, delicious juice pours into the glass. Continue and as you press, keep a little pressure on the sides of the orange until there is not much left but rind. Finally... it only gets better: You put the juicer cover on, press down lightly and it spins, faster and faster until it drains all the remaining juice into your glass! Get yourself a little scrub brush or a big toothbrush and run the three parts under water for a minute and it's ready to go next morning! In my opinion, for the price this is the best juicer on the market today.
11 comment| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2017
Overall I like this product, but there are somethings that I would definitely change.

Pros:
1) It scrapes out the inside of the fruit really well, there is no juice left behind.
2) It is extremely easy to clean.
3) It is extremely easy to use.
4) This is a lower end model, great for beginners, and the price reflects that.
5) The fast spin at the end gets a lot of juice out of the pulp.

Cons:
1) Sometimes it takes a little longer than other juicers to get all the juice out.
2) There is no option for no-pulp, even the low-pulp option lets a lot of pulp through.
3) The fast spin option sends even more pulp through.

For me the most important things are that it gets all the juice out and that it's easy to clean. I don't mind straining pulp afterward, if I get to the point where I mind then I will pay more money and buy a nicer juicer. For this price point this is a pretty good juicer.
review image
on November 28, 2015
I was very happy with this product until yesterday. I bought it in February this year, and have been using it twice to three times a week, making juice for one or two at a time - so not overworking it here -.
To make the juicer work, you have to press the half orange down and once you lift your hand it's supposed to stop juicing. Well, yesterday it didn't stop. It just went to automatic, which it is not a feature of the artifact.
So now, once the power cable is plugged, this machine starts "juicing" automatically and non-stop, which makes the whole process very messy, because after the first half is juiced, all the leftovers on the machine start floating away against its surroundings.
I can't return it because the return policy says that last day to return was back in March. So, take this review into consideration when deciding what juicer to buy.
on March 21, 2017
Unable to find an exact replacement for our old, simple, powerful Braun juicer, we bought the Cuisinart based on the reviews and Cuisinart reputation. Comparing the Cuisinart to the Braun we had for too many years to remember, we give this model a 4 with reservations, pending longer term use.

What we like:

1. The price!
2. It juices quickly and efficiently, and we appreciate the concepts of the "reverse" and "spin" features that both serve to get the last drop of juice out of every pulp.
3. Love the pulp management feature that allows for as little or as much pulp as you prefer.
4. Although louder than the demo on the product page, we did not find the noise to be too loud and don't think it's any louder than the old Braun.
5. The height of the spout allows for juice glasses up to 5 inches, without having to prop it up.
6. Added bonus: The nickel and black color matches our kitchen appliances perfectly

Not so much:

1. We could tell from the first use that the motor in the Braun was more powerful. I don't think this model will last as long with our daily juicing and noticed a number of reviewers said theirs stopped working after several months. I'll revisit my review later and update, as needed.
2. The part that captures pulp is a little more difficult to clean out than our old juicer, but not a deal breaker. While dishwasher safe, I don't want pulp clogging up the dishwasher, so we hand wash and air dry.
on July 14, 2015
As soon as I pulled it out of the box I knew I didn't want it. It felt cheap. Super light and flimsy. The 'pulp adjuster' did not work. In fact, when I made two glasses of juice, I thought that it yielded very little. When I went to clean it, I saw why: all of the juice was held back in the pulp tray because the pulp in the 'pulp adjustment' screen was trapped in the holes, hampering the flow of juice. Not a good design. You get what you pay for. It was just over twenty bucks. I returned it.
on July 27, 2015
The combination reamer and filter can quickly become filled wit pulp wit some oranges and then is splatters everywhere of you use the Final-Spin feature which also creates multiple problems including the need to stop and was the basin or the pulp which shot out will drop down and clog the drainage hole also resulting in clumpy juice not pulpy juice and makes the filter several time as hard to wash out. I'd not use that feature. The tray is not lilted enough and often leaves juice in the machine even without pulp blockage. It worth quickly and perfectly with limes (any of three types a tried) and lemons (including Meyer or "large"). Will never bog down, the unit is more likely to start moving first. If it does move you are probably pressing too hard to be effective anyway. It is quiet enough I no longer need to put on my 30 db ear protectors to make juice unlike the one from Black & Decker which is extremely loud. Why is say Pulp control I have no idea. You have absolutely NO control. Rinses easily if using sprayer but will take forever if just placed under a gravity fed 2.5 GPM faucet. It need some jetting action from the top then the side (rotating it) and then them bottom. I usually just rinse and then occasionally wash in the dishwasher top tray. I have never need to wash the spindle like some reviewer complained about. I have no clue how they are abusing it to require that. The clear top also acts as the activator for the Final-Spin feature which works when the whole top portion is pressed down by the top lid after reaming. It will cause the reamer and filter to spin very fast so that centrifugal forces will extract juice from the pulp in the combination filter and reamer part but as stated it will splatter EVERYWHERE and not just into the filter on onto the top but onto the edge of the tray where it will the drop down into the lower and infiltrate juice below cuseing unpleasant lumpos and clogging the drainage hole.
on April 13, 2015
UPDATE to review below:
The little juicer worked just fine for about a dozen small glasses of OJ, then decided to malfunction.
We can't figure out how to get it working properly again and Amazon says its too late for a replacement.
This would have been a very nice little gadget to have in the kitchen.
It is now in the garbage can.
Recommnd you do (what we now have to do) -- look for a different brand of Juicer.
FYI.

Never be too busy to try out your Amazon products soon after you get them. Amazon can be very good with its guarantees (compliments, Amazon!) but they often have quick deadlines. Once we got to it, this cute little juicer worked quite nicely for a little while... but now it won't 'ring out' the last of the juice. It is like the clear cap doesn't engage the motor properly - or else something's misaligned. The motor is capable of doing the job, but something's preventing it (?). Anyway, so it makes you throw away about a quarter of your juice each time. If it would work properly, it is a great little machine. This one isn't, though, so will probably wind up having to be thrown in the garbage can since the Amazon webpage says it is too late to get a working replacement juicer. We'd sure like a machine that works properly...and if you get one that does, you will like it! If you get a defective one like this, however, you will probably get as frustrated as we are....and toss it.