Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,692 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,831 reviews
on January 18, 2016
Short Review: This juicer is simple and easy to use. If you need a juicer, buy this one.

Detailed Review: "What? We've lived in Florida for a year and we don't own a juicer?" This was my husband's lament a few days ago when we decided to go to a local orchard and "u-pick" some oranges. I immediately searched Amazon, found a juicer with good reviews that could also be delivered the same day and ordered it. The next day we picked oranges and tested out the juicer. It is amazing!

My two favorite features are: 1.) Pulp Management. I love lots of pulp in my juice so I have it set to wide open. Other members of the family want less so with a simple twist, less pulp makes it to the glass. Even better... I did the low pulp first, and high pulp last to get all the extra pulp from the first glass into mine! 2.) The ability to do that "final spin" to get the last of the juice out of the machine. Put the clear plastic cover on and press down and the thing spins like a jet engine to send all the remaining juice down the spout. (The complaint of it being "too loud" is unfounded in my opinion.) Clean-up is simple and quick. Little more than a flush under running water is needed. I know it can go in the dishwasher, but I'm not sure I will ever clean it that way.

We picked and used "Honeybell" Oranges for our juice. It consistently took 1 1/2 oranges to fill the glass (10oz). They were juicy! Of course your variety and size of orange will determine how much juice you will get from each one, but as you can see from the photos, this juicer completely cleaned out the peels. Nothing left behind! You will be able to get every drop of juice available in your fruit.

Final Recommendation: Just buy it!
review image review image review image review image
on February 14, 2017
Before I actually saw a citrus juicer in action on TV, I always thought that they were for lazy people who didn't want to juice their own lemons. I was wrong. I bought this juicer after watching the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network use it in almost every episode, and now I know why. Let me just lay out the benefits of using an electric citrus juicer as opposed to using a wooden reamer. First of all, if you need to measure out a precise amount of citrus juice for a recipe, it is much easier to put a measuring cup under the plastic snap-up spout of the electric juicer rather than trying to aim into the measuring cup using a wooden reamer. Second, electric juicers get so much more juice out of citrus fruits than a regular lemon squeezer. The Cuisinart citrus juicer automatically switches the direction of the reamer to get the most out of the citrus. Another benefit of electric juicers is the fact that when you are using an electric juicer citrus juice won't squirt into your eyes as does a manual juicer. Also, the Cuisinart features a unique "Final-Spin" feature similar to that in a clothes washing machine. How the final-spin feature works is that once you take the empty citrus off of the reamer, you press the clear plastic lid down onto the juicer which makes the reamer spin really fast and uses centrifugal force to squeeze all the juice out of the remaining pulp. You just can't do that with a wooden reamer. Another benefit of the Cuisinart juicer is that it filters out the pulp. Most if not all electric citrus juicers have this feature, however, most manual juicers don't. Also, with the Cuisinart, every removable part is dishwasher safe which is very convenient for cleaning. I mentioned the snap-up spout earlier in this review but I didn't explain what it was. Basically, the snap-up spout stops the juice from getting on your countertop which is especially useful if you don't want lemon juice all over your counters. The Cuisinart juicer features a stainless steel body which looks very nice and will definitely last a long time. A lot of electric juicers' motors are very loud, but that isn't the case with the Cuisinart. The Cuisinart isn't that loud and won't interrupt normal conversations. Overall, electric citrus juicers offer many benefits over manual juicers, and if you are willing to purchase one I would fully recommend the Cuisinart for it's final spin feature and it's stainless steel body.

Pros:
- Unique "final-spin" feature
- Stainless steel body
- Snap-up spout
- Quieter than most electric citrus juicers
- Pulp-control

Cons:
- None

If you found this review helpful I would appreciate it if you clicked the "helpful" button below this review. Thanks!
on January 13, 2014
Over the years, I have tried every way of juicing oranges that one can imagine: The little plastic ones you get in a supermarket; the pretty glass ones you get at Macy's; the big, steel ones you can hardly lift that are hard to clean after you've finished, etc etc. I've tried them all. Except for those industrial, expensive, triple-figure gizmos you see at the health food store or behind the counter at a deli, I can tell you that this machine is the best you can buy. (No hype here; I don't work for the company! LOL). Start with the weight -- Fairly light. Next, the motor -- ample power to get the job done. You adjust the settings to low or high pulp and you're ready to go. You simply hold the half-orange over the cone and press down. The cone spins. You notice lots of juice immediately. Squeeze the sides of the orange firmly as the cone spins and then you let up for a quick second and the cone reverses direction! More fresh, delicious juice pours into the glass. Continue and as you press, keep a little pressure on the sides of the orange until there is not much left but rind. Finally... it only gets better: You put the juicer cover on, press down lightly and it spins, faster and faster until it drains all the remaining juice into your glass! Get yourself a little scrub brush or a big toothbrush and run the three parts under water for a minute and it's ready to go next morning! In my opinion, for the price this is the best juicer on the market today.
11 comment| 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Awesome juicer! Easy to clean. Just rinse the three removable parts when you are finished. Tap the strainer a few times to remove the seeds that it catches.

Here is my recipe using this juicer for a low calorie lemonade that tastes great:
2 Lemons cut in half and run through the juicer
1/2 cup of stevia in the raw
Filter water to fill 72 ounce pitcher
review image
on November 28, 2015
I was very happy with this product until yesterday. I bought it in February this year, and have been using it twice to three times a week, making juice for one or two at a time - so not overworking it here -.
To make the juicer work, you have to press the half orange down and once you lift your hand it's supposed to stop juicing. Well, yesterday it didn't stop. It just went to automatic, which it is not a feature of the artifact.
So now, once the power cable is plugged, this machine starts "juicing" automatically and non-stop, which makes the whole process very messy, because after the first half is juiced, all the leftovers on the machine start floating away against its surroundings.
I can't return it because the return policy says that last day to return was back in March. So, take this review into consideration when deciding what juicer to buy.
on January 13, 2017
Overall I like this product, but there are somethings that I would definitely change.

Pros:
1) It scrapes out the inside of the fruit really well, there is no juice left behind.
2) It is extremely easy to clean.
3) It is extremely easy to use.
4) This is a lower end model, great for beginners, and the price reflects that.
5) The fast spin at the end gets a lot of juice out of the pulp.

Cons:
1) Sometimes it takes a little longer than other juicers to get all the juice out.
2) There is no option for no-pulp, even the low-pulp option lets a lot of pulp through.
3) The fast spin option sends even more pulp through.

For me the most important things are that it gets all the juice out and that it's easy to clean. I don't mind straining pulp afterward, if I get to the point where I mind then I will pay more money and buy a nicer juicer. For this price point this is a pretty good juicer.
review image
on February 10, 2017
Very reasonable price for an electric reamer. I've tried presses in this $25 price range and of course manual reamers and those don't extract all the juice. The electric reamer does a great job of getting all the juice and most pulp out of the orange, and then the spin cycle gets most of the juice out of the pulp. (Don't leave the orange peel in there while running that.) Wasn't sure about that feature when I saw it but I'm sold on it now. Clean up is just about as easy as any when you're dealing with juice. I did have a few drops fly onto the counter while extracting. On my first good sized navel orange I got almost 2/3 of a cup. From a smaller than normal Cara Cara I got a 1/2 cup.

Pros:
-Gets far more juice out than any other I've tried. (A vegetable juicer obviously could get the most but that's not what I want for OJ)
Spin cycle really works
-Clean up fairly easy. Every piece just lifts straight off the motor base. The sieve has 3 positions for high/med/low pulp and a full quarter turn separates the two parts for rinsing off.
-Doesn't take long. Certainly nothing faster than a good lever press, but the cheap one I bought from BB&B didn't do a good job of extracting.

Cons:
-None other than how long will it last? Reviews of similar machines have stories of the plastic teeth wearing out. This one just has a long hexagonal shaft that should last. Electric motors burn out when they aren't able to spin at full speed. It's strong when geared down for reaming so that's not likely. When the spin cycle is going it won't have the same torque so that's why I don't think you should do the high speed with the rind inside. If large enough it could jam against the clear plastic lid and restrict the motor.
-You do have to watch that you don't ream too much and go into the rind.

This manual squeezer is decent (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006LMVLKO/), but I will be using my electric Cuisinart from now on.
review image review image
on March 15, 2015
I purchased this juicer in July and it is now March - the juicer broke on me today while juicing a lemon. The motor just stopped functioning. I would say I used this juicer an average of 1-2 times a month if that, so NOT heavy usage at all. After looking at the warranty information, they want over $10 to replace the juicer, what's the point? That's half of what I paid for it. I'd rather find another company that stands behind its products. I thought Cuisinart was a good brand but I'm starting to avoid them.
on August 27, 2011
I like to keep a bottle of fresh-squeezed lemon juice in the fridge for making lemonade, other drinks, and for cooking - let's face it, concentrated lemon juice you get in the store is lousy (and that's being nice). But I'm not willing to pay $50 to $100 or more for fresh juice, and the more versatile juicers out there don't do as good a job with lemons as a dedicated citrus juicer.

I've ordered and set back several basic citrus juicers (including the earlier Cuisinart incarnation, the CCJ-100), looking for something that does its job and isn't a piece of junk. I've finally found it. The motor is sturdy enough to withstand a good amount of downward pressure without choking, and has lasted at least through several large bags of lemons (my only complaint about the CCJ-100 was that it wore out within a short timeframe, and the motor started screaming - definitely on its last legs). Like the 100, this model has a nice watertight spout that holds the juice without spilling a drop until you are ready to dispense. It also has a more stable footprint (a chief complaint about the 100 from other users), a pulp selector for three levels of pulp, and a spin feature that extracts juice that normally stays in the pulp.

Since it's a new model I wasn't able to find a better deal than $30, but it's worth it to have a product that works. No complaints!
22 comments| 218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2017
Unable to find an exact replacement for our old, simple, powerful Braun juicer, we bought the Cuisinart based on the reviews and Cuisinart reputation. Comparing the Cuisinart to the Braun we had for too many years to remember, we give this model a 4 with reservations, pending longer term use.

What we like:

1. The price!
2. It juices quickly and efficiently, and we appreciate the concepts of the "reverse" and "spin" features that both serve to get the last drop of juice out of every pulp.
3. Love the pulp management feature that allows for as little or as much pulp as you prefer.
4. Although louder than the demo on the product page, we did not find the noise to be too loud and don't think it's any louder than the old Braun.
5. The height of the spout allows for juice glasses up to 5 inches, without having to prop it up.
6. Added bonus: The nickel and black color matches our kitchen appliances perfectly

Not so much:

1. We could tell from the first use that the motor in the Braun was more powerful. I don't think this model will last as long with our daily juicing and noticed a number of reviewers said theirs stopped working after several months. I'll revisit my review later and update, as needed.
2. The part that captures pulp is a little more difficult to clean out than our old juicer, but not a deal breaker. While dishwasher safe, I don't want pulp clogging up the dishwasher, so we hand wash and air dry.