YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon NYNN

Color: NICKEL|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,453 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on August 27, 2011
I like to keep a bottle of fresh-squeezed lemon juice in the fridge for making lemonade, other drinks, and for cooking - let's face it, concentrated lemon juice you get in the store is lousy (and that's being nice). But I'm not willing to pay $50 to $100 or more for fresh juice, and the more versatile juicers out there don't do as good a job with lemons as a dedicated citrus juicer.

I've ordered and set back several basic citrus juicers (including the earlier Cuisinart incarnation, the CCJ-100), looking for something that does its job and isn't a piece of junk. I've finally found it. The motor is sturdy enough to withstand a good amount of downward pressure without choking, and has lasted at least through several large bags of lemons (my only complaint about the CCJ-100 was that it wore out within a short timeframe, and the motor started screaming - definitely on its last legs). Like the 100, this model has a nice watertight spout that holds the juice without spilling a drop until you are ready to dispense. It also has a more stable footprint (a chief complaint about the 100 from other users), a pulp selector for three levels of pulp, and a spin feature that extracts juice that normally stays in the pulp.

Since it's a new model I wasn't able to find a better deal than $30, but it's worth it to have a product that works. No complaints!
22 comments| 212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2014
Over the years, I have tried every way of juicing oranges that one can imagine: The little plastic ones you get in a supermarket; the pretty glass ones you get at Macy's; the big, steel ones you can hardly lift that are hard to clean after you've finished, etc etc. I've tried them all. Except for those industrial, expensive, triple-figure gizmos you see at the health food store or behind the counter at a deli, I can tell you that this machine is the best you can buy. (No hype here; I don't work for the company! LOL). Start with the weight -- Fairly light. Next, the motor -- ample power to get the job done. You adjust the settings to low or high pulp and you're ready to go. You simply hold the half-orange over the cone and press down. The cone spins. You notice lots of juice immediately. Squeeze the sides of the orange firmly as the cone spins and then you let up for a quick second and the cone reverses direction! More fresh, delicious juice pours into the glass. Continue and as you press, keep a little pressure on the sides of the orange until there is not much left but rind. Finally... it only gets better: You put the juicer cover on, press down lightly and it spins, faster and faster until it drains all the remaining juice into your glass! Get yourself a little scrub brush or a big toothbrush and run the three parts under water for a minute and it's ready to go next morning! In my opinion, for the price this is the best juicer on the market today.
11 comment| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2016
Short Review: This juicer is simple and easy to use. If you need a juicer, buy this one.

Detailed Review: "What? We've lived in Florida for a year and we don't own a juicer?" This was my husband's lament a few days ago when we decided to go to a local orchard and "u-pick" some oranges. I immediately searched Amazon, found a juicer with good reviews that could also be delivered the same day and ordered it. The next day we picked oranges and tested out the juicer. It is amazing!

My two favorite features are: 1.) Pulp Management. I love lots of pulp in my juice so I have it set to wide open. Other members of the family want less so with a simple twist, less pulp makes it to the glass. Even better... I did the low pulp first, and high pulp last to get all the extra pulp from the first glass into mine! 2.) The ability to do that "final spin" to get the last of the juice out of the machine. Put the clear plastic cover on and press down and the thing spins like a jet engine to send all the remaining juice down the spout. (The complaint of it being "too loud" is unfounded in my opinion.) Clean-up is simple and quick. Little more than a flush under running water is needed. I know it can go in the dishwasher, but I'm not sure I will ever clean it that way.

We picked and used "Honeybell" Oranges for our juice. It consistently took 1 1/2 oranges to fill the glass (10oz). They were juicy! Of course your variety and size of orange will determine how much juice you will get from each one, but as you can see from the photos, this juicer completely cleaned out the peels. Nothing left behind! You will be able to get every drop of juice available in your fruit.

Final Recommendation: Just buy it!
review image review image review image review image
Awesome juicer! Easy to clean. Just rinse the three removable parts when you are finished. Tap the strainer a few times to remove the seeds that it catches.

Here is my recipe using this juicer for a low calorie lemonade that tastes great:
2 Lemons cut in half and run through the juicer
1/2 cup of stevia in the raw
Filter water to fill 72 ounce pitcher
review image
on January 30, 2014
It has been the worst investment we have made so far. We have had this for the past month and a half and the spout is already broken and to replace it costs 14$ when are paid 25$ to buy a brand new juicer. The plastic material used overall is of low quality. The spin feature that is supposed to extract all remaining juice from the pulp doesn't work as described. Plenty of juice ends up stuck in the base and doesn't flow through the spout. This is the 1st Cuisinart product that we have bought and now would think before buying other products.
on November 4, 2011
This juicer was our second try at a decent machine for my wife's birthday. The first was the Tribest Citristar Juicer, which had an incredibly small hole in the spout that clogged after the first glass of juice. So, partially relying on the Cuisinart brand, we tried the CCJ-500.

The result? The motor is much weaker than the Tribest and cleanup is almost impossible. What Cuisinart calls "pulp control" is really a tiny black pulp basket with hundreds of tiny holes that are impossible to get all of the pulp out of. We had to take a toothpick and poke through hole after hole to get this thing cleaned. Needless to say, it's being returned. What passes for industrial design these days is terrible. Don't companies test these products with consumers anymore before putting stuff like this on the shelves? What a waste.
1313 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2012
Ok where do I start? Well for starters this product creates a mess! Not easy to clean. Number 2 one whole grapefruit fills up where the juice holds unless you have a cup the fits the size to juice directly to the cup. Number 3 this juicer does not extract every last bit of juice from fruits, I had a less expensive juicer I was replacing this one with and this product could not last a day in my home! Be aware this product does not give your bang for your buck!
on May 25, 2012
It's juices and does it well.
Some other reviews have complained that the pulp trap fills up quick. Not necessarily so!

If you plop the half-orange on and go to town on it, with the idea that you want to hollow it out to the rind as fast as possible, then yeah it will fill up pretty fast, like after 2 large oranges fast.

But if you go slightly slower and do it like you're trying to juice an orange, with constant but slowly increasing pressure, it doesn't fill up very fast.

So you know, don't muscle it. You're juicing an orange, not eviscerating it.
on September 19, 2011
The motor is advertised to reverse when the fruit is lifted, but after using just over 5 pounds of lemons, the motor has begun reversing itself repeatedly sometimes, too fast to remove the juice. Removing the fruit a number of times and after a few cycles of this "herky-jerky" motion, it seems to be OK for a time, but will soon do the same thing again. Cuisinart's "so-called warranty" will require sending them $10 to repair the unit and send it back, BAD SERVICE. Also, if you forget to rinse out the pulp right away, you'll have to soak the strainer parts for some time to loosen it all. Even then, it's not an easy removal. I gave it 2 stars now because it juices fairly well, but appears to be poorly engineered/manufactured.
on January 4, 2016
After using a manual juicer for quite some time, I decided to go ahead and pick up an electric one. After a fair amount of research, I settled on this Cuisinart model and purchased it on December 10th. It had all of the features that I needed while taking up a small footprint, and it matched the rest of my kitchen as well. From the first day that I received it, I couldn’t have been more pleased.

The black and stainless steel in a tall, cube like presentation was precisely what I was after. I’m a fan of hard lines, so anything that was rounded was out for me. This little guy looks great. I immediately got to work on some lemons in order to make some fresh lemonade. There are three pulp selections which can be chosen by twisting the reamer. I prefer to use the medium setting, as it lets some pulp through but prevents seeds from getting through. I juiced up three lemons in less time than I would spend with one manually. The reverse feature is helpful as well; I’ve found that I haven’t needed to even use the final spin feature, which is activated using the lid and spins the unit faster to extract juice left in the sieve, as my lemons were completely juiced just from the normal and reverse functions alone. Activating the reverse function is as easy as letting up on the pressure while you are juicing a piece of fruit. The unit will randomly go into reverse mode. There is no switch or button that you have to press. It’s highly convenient. The spout on the tray also has a small degree of adjustment, but you will need to use shorter glasses to catch the juice with this unit. I have a Ball jar that I use with mine that seems to be the perfect height.

When it came time to break the unit down for cleaning, nothing could be easier. The reamer and sieve pop apart with a twist, and the tray lifts right off. You simply rinse everything and then throw it in the top rack of a dishwasher. You can also hand wash them as well. If you want to make things even easier on yourself, you can juice a bunch of things at once and put the excess juice into ice cube trays and freeze it. All in all, this is a great little juicer that saves time and gets the maximum yield from fruit. Let’s take a look at some pros and cons:

Pros:
-Small footprint
-Easy to clean
-Reverse and final-spin functions
-Spout has some adjustability

Cons:
-Must use a small glass
-Reverse feature is random and sometimes takes a few tries to activate

To conclude, my cons for this one are really more just nitpicks than actual cons. This is a great unit that is available in several different colors to accommodate most any décor. It also boasts a three year warranty as well as juice recipes in the owner’s manual. I rate this at 5/5 stars and would recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade to an electric juicer, or replace an existing unit.