Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on February 14, 2017
Before I actually saw a citrus juicer in action on TV, I always thought that they were for lazy people who didn't want to juice their own lemons. I was wrong. I bought this juicer after watching the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network use it in almost every episode, and now I know why. Let me just lay out the benefits of using an electric citrus juicer as opposed to using a wooden reamer. First of all, if you need to measure out a precise amount of citrus juice for a recipe, it is much easier to put a measuring cup under the plastic snap-up spout of the electric juicer rather than trying to aim into the measuring cup using a wooden reamer. Second, electric juicers get so much more juice out of citrus fruits than a regular lemon squeezer. The Cuisinart citrus juicer automatically switches the direction of the reamer to get the most out of the citrus. Another benefit of electric juicers is the fact that when you are using an electric juicer citrus juice won't squirt into your eyes as does a manual juicer. Also, the Cuisinart features a unique "Final-Spin" feature similar to that in a clothes washing machine. How the final-spin feature works is that once you take the empty citrus off of the reamer, you press the clear plastic lid down onto the juicer which makes the reamer spin really fast and uses centrifugal force to squeeze all the juice out of the remaining pulp. You just can't do that with a wooden reamer. Another benefit of the Cuisinart juicer is that it filters out the pulp. Most if not all electric citrus juicers have this feature, however, most manual juicers don't. Also, with the Cuisinart, every removable part is dishwasher safe which is very convenient for cleaning. I mentioned the snap-up spout earlier in this review but I didn't explain what it was. Basically, the snap-up spout stops the juice from getting on your countertop which is especially useful if you don't want lemon juice all over your counters. The Cuisinart juicer features a stainless steel body which looks very nice and will definitely last a long time. A lot of electric juicers' motors are very loud, but that isn't the case with the Cuisinart. The Cuisinart isn't that loud and won't interrupt normal conversations. Overall, electric citrus juicers offer many benefits over manual juicers, and if you are willing to purchase one I would fully recommend the Cuisinart for it's final spin feature and it's stainless steel body.

Pros:
- Unique "final-spin" feature
- Stainless steel body
- Snap-up spout
- Quieter than most electric citrus juicers
- Pulp-control

Cons:
- None

If you found this review helpful I would appreciate it if you clicked the "helpful" button below this review. Thanks!
11 comment| 364 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 18, 2016
Short Review: This juicer is simple and easy to use. If you need a juicer, buy this one.

Detailed Review: "What? We've lived in Florida for a year and we don't own a juicer?" This was my husband's lament a few days ago when we decided to go to a local orchard and "u-pick" some oranges. I immediately searched Amazon, found a juicer with good reviews that could also be delivered the same day and ordered it. The next day we picked oranges and tested out the juicer. It is amazing!

My two favorite features are: 1.) Pulp Management. I love lots of pulp in my juice so I have it set to wide open. Other members of the family want less so with a simple twist, less pulp makes it to the glass. Even better... I did the low pulp first, and high pulp last to get all the extra pulp from the first glass into mine! 2.) The ability to do that "final spin" to get the last of the juice out of the machine. Put the clear plastic cover on and press down and the thing spins like a jet engine to send all the remaining juice down the spout. (The complaint of it being "too loud" is unfounded in my opinion.) Clean-up is simple and quick. Little more than a flush under running water is needed. I know it can go in the dishwasher, but I'm not sure I will ever clean it that way.

We picked and used "Honeybell" Oranges for our juice. It consistently took 1 1/2 oranges to fill the glass (10oz). They were juicy! Of course your variety and size of orange will determine how much juice you will get from each one, but as you can see from the photos, this juicer completely cleaned out the peels. Nothing left behind! You will be able to get every drop of juice available in your fruit.

Final Recommendation: Just buy it!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 16, 2012
It's simple and it works. I've read all the reviews and the main complains appear to be difficulty in cleaning and noisiness. I would disagree on both regards. The parts that are exposed to juice and pulp can all be taken apart, rinsed, and tossed in the dishwasher. No problems whatsoever. It does make noise, but nothing I could call annoying. Definitely not as loud as a blender.

How it works:

-Slice fruit in half.
-Press fruit down firmly on top of juicer. You can lift up momentarily and the juicer reverses the direction for better juicing.
-After about 15-30 seconds, your fruit half is completely juiced. Nothing left inside but the rind.
-Juice drains out the front spout.
-After juicing about a pound of fruit, you have to use the "final spin" feature, by putting the cover on and pressing the whole unit down. This activates a dryer-like spin cycle and squeezes lots of remaining juice from the pulp.

How much juice does it get:

This was my primary concern in purchasing a juicer. I hate to waste! To me it seems this juicer gets pretty much every last drop of juice out of the fruit. There is literally no fruit left inside the rind after it juices it. The only waste is what cannot be squeezed out of the pulp during the "spin cycle", which is not very much. First time using it, I juiced 4 pounds of oranges and got about 4 cups of juice. (FWIW, 1 US Cup of water weighs 0.52 lbs, so you're getting roughly half of the fruit turned into juice by weight. This of course includes the rind weight too.)

Cleanup:

Simple. Take off the cover, juicer, and juice catcher. No silly attachments to work with, they just lift off. Rotate the juicer part to separate it. Rinse off all pieces and toss them in the dishwasher. Cleanup done.
33 comments| 417 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2017
Totally disappointed in Cuisinart's customer service. They simply don't care and it makes me mad. This juicer has a 3 year warranty. It stopped working after 6 month (not even a lot of use). It took 4 phone calls and hours on the phone with them to discover that although it has a 3 year warranty.. they will charge at least $10 for shipping me the new one AND then I have to pay for shipping to send the old one back.. shipping could cost ~$25 due to weight. The product itself does not cost that much!!! when I asked the customer service rep and the manager if there is something they could do... that it did not make sense to spend more than the product cost on shipping back and forth... they said that..this is how it is.So if you need a juicer that actually works... don't buy this one!!!! I bought it because of the rankings... but I am extremely disappointed. I am switching brands and buying something else as opposed to spending the same amount on shipping.. only to get the same crappy thing and deal with it in 6 months.
on January 13, 2014
Over the years, I have tried every way of juicing oranges that one can imagine: The little plastic ones you get in a supermarket; the pretty glass ones you get at Macy's; the big, steel ones you can hardly lift that are hard to clean after you've finished, etc etc. I've tried them all. Except for those industrial, expensive, triple-figure gizmos you see at the health food store or behind the counter at a deli, I can tell you that this machine is the best you can buy. (No hype here; I don't work for the company! LOL). Start with the weight -- Fairly light. Next, the motor -- ample power to get the job done. You adjust the settings to low or high pulp and you're ready to go. You simply hold the half-orange over the cone and press down. The cone spins. You notice lots of juice immediately. Squeeze the sides of the orange firmly as the cone spins and then you let up for a quick second and the cone reverses direction! More fresh, delicious juice pours into the glass. Continue and as you press, keep a little pressure on the sides of the orange until there is not much left but rind. Finally... it only gets better: You put the juicer cover on, press down lightly and it spins, faster and faster until it drains all the remaining juice into your glass! Get yourself a little scrub brush or a big toothbrush and run the three parts under water for a minute and it's ready to go next morning! In my opinion, for the price this is the best juicer on the market today.
11 comment| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 12, 2016
I love my Juicer - it works great and very fast. Especially like the additional spin that you can do when you are done, to get every last drop from the pulp that is left. Very easy to clean. I like everything about it. I am glad I chose this one.

UPDATE: Purchased March 2016 and use it 5 days a week. About a month ago the motor would stick slightly and I could unplug it and it would like reset. This morning I walked out of my kitchen to come back and the motor was at full speed and fruit bits and pieces were all over my kitchen. After cleaning it up and still had more fruit to juice I had to make sure the fruit was on it and plug it in and unplug each time I used it as it would not stop. I don't think this should happen just after 3 months. But maybe I just over used it and need to get a stronger strength juicer. If you only use it occasionally this is a great juicer.
Awesome juicer! Easy to clean. Just rinse the three removable parts when you are finished. Tap the strainer a few times to remove the seeds that it catches.

Here is my recipe using this juicer for a low calorie lemonade that tastes great:
2 Lemons cut in half and run through the juicer
1/2 cup of stevia in the raw
Filter water to fill 72 ounce pitcher
review image
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 28, 2015
I was very happy with this product until yesterday. I bought it in February this year, and have been using it twice to three times a week, making juice for one or two at a time - so not overworking it here -.
To make the juicer work, you have to press the half orange down and once you lift your hand it's supposed to stop juicing. Well, yesterday it didn't stop. It just went to automatic, which it is not a feature of the artifact.
So now, once the power cable is plugged, this machine starts "juicing" automatically and non-stop, which makes the whole process very messy, because after the first half is juiced, all the leftovers on the machine start floating away against its surroundings.
I can't return it because the return policy says that last day to return was back in March. So, take this review into consideration when deciding what juicer to buy.
44 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 19, 2016
I like Cuisinart products. I have a Kitchenaid Stand mixer with the juicer attachment that goes on the front. We got this cause we were tired of juice running down our arms with the Kitchenaid attachment. Years ago we had an Oster juicer that I thought was like this. It is... sort of.

In theory this works like the Oster. We use it with lemons mainly. Cut your lemon in half, press it down & the bumpy center extracts the juice. I gave it only 3 stars cause I just can not see it lasting as long as the Oster did; too much plastic.

The Oster had a metal, 1 piece strainer and a heavy metal bumpy extractor piece. This has 4 pieces & all are plastic. The strainer says you can turn it to adjust for how much pulp you want. I find this to be a very poor design and not worth advertising. If I could figure a way to throw the one that adjusts in the trash I would. It's just one more piece to get seeds and pulp stuck in and cleaned up. The extractor piece has 2 parts too. You hold your fruit on it first to start. To finish extracting, you put a lid on everything and press down. In theory it speeds up getting every last drop. I say theory cause not all fruit halves are the same size. For some it doesn't do a thing.

For now, it does juice our lemons better than the attachment. But it isn't as sturdy and it is harder to clean up after.

I don't know that I'd purchase another like this one.
on August 31, 2017
Pulp control seems to be a misnomer for this juicer. If I set it to low pulp, all of the pulp quickly collects at the top of the juicer after 1-2 oranges. I have to clean it out frequently or else it would overflow and make a huge mess. If I set it to high pulp, the same thing happens, but now it's even worse because some of the pulp gets clogged at the point where the juice flows down to the spigot, and I have to jam my finger through it to clean it out. It was a huge nuisance every time trying to use this juicer.

I went back to using an old-school style juicer like this one (not the exact same model): BLACK+DECKER 32oz Citrus Juicer, White, CJ650W. It's much easier to clean after you're all finished, and you don't have to constantly clean out the pulp like you have to do with this Cuisinart juicer.