Cuisinart CH-4MR Elite Collection 4-Cup Chopper/Grinder, Metallic Red
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 4-Cup work bowl with handle and chop or grind touchpad controls
- Exclusive bladelock system
- Patented auto-reversing smartpower blade
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Includes: Spatula and Recipe/Instruction book
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
*Chops very well! Almost every job takes only a few pulses of the "Chop" button. In general, foods are chopped more evenly than with my previous model. Also, the Cuisinart, although it is larger, does a better job with smaller batches of food.
*Again, although the Cuisinart is larger, it has a relatively small, upright profile. It could easily sit out on the counter, although we store ours underneath a cabinet.
*The pieces clean very easily. Although each piece is dishwasher safe, most of the time (unless I have chopped a more oily food), I feel that a rinse in soapy water under the faucet is sufficient.
*The locking blade is a nice feature--i.e., you can turn the cup upside down and dump the food without the blade coming out--although it is NOT foolproof.
*It is surprisingly quiet! The first time I used it, I was impressed but how little noise it made.
*Finally, I like that the handle and lid are all large and easy-to-grasp, so even if your hands are wet/slippery from cooking, the unit is easy to manage.
*My main disappointment with this product has been the built-in "cord keeper" underneath. This feature might work if you were only keeping part of the cord wrapped around it and having the unit sit permanently on the counter.Read more ›
But overall, a great little cook's helper!
Cuisinart. Good name, good reviews, reasonable price. Let's go.
It can't grind Parmesan cheese. I cut the cheese into small pieces, put the pieces into the bowl and pressed "grind". It sort of chopped, but minutes of whirring (stop, check, whir again, stop, check, whir again...) produced some fine cheese and lots of big chunks. It seemed like the blade was bending during the effort. It's just cheese for crying out loud, not the hard Parmesan rind and definitely not a brick.
The Elite is a very lightweight, cheap, plastic appliance -- much like the cheap chopping accessories that come as enticing afterthoughts with immersion blenders. On a bright note, it was properly designed so the bowl and lid don't "catch" water during the dish washing cycle, as many food processor parts do. So one star for that.
Sending it back. (There's a small bowl and blade somewhere in the cabinet for the full size food processor, right? That'll just have to do, and now that I think of it, will probably do it best.)
1. The bowl is really quite big.
2. This little guy is FAST. To start, pulse everything. I mean that unless you meant to make soup.
3. Blade stays put when you turn the bowl upside down to empty it. I don't always want that, but when I do, it's great to have it. It's not complicated. All you do is push the blade assembly straight down until it clicks. It releases very easily.
4. As with all food processors, having an extra bowl is enormously handy. I don't know about you, but 90% of my cooking is done under the gun with no time to clean up between the garlic and the parsley.
5. The only bad thing is the scraper that comes with the CH-4DC. It's laughably inadequate. What it is, basically, is a plastic version of the stick the doctor uses to depress your tongue during a throat inspection. While they're not exactly building the space shuttle, Cuisinart is in its own way a very sophisticated company with a proud heritage of innovation and design. What I want to know is who on Earth over there thought that a see-saw for field mice was a "scraper" for an otherwise perfectly lovely product.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This lil 4-cup food processor has been a workhorse over the past 4 years!
When I first purchased this, 4 years ago, it was the only food processor I had. Read more
I bought for myself and I just love this ! Perfect size for smaller jobs and saves a lot of time & space. Would make a great gift also. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Colin Staples
four stars, would you believe a five-star review?
Best Small Food Processor, Cook's Illustrated, number 142, October 2016. Read more
Definitely not worth the money. Very disappointed. It is virtually all plastic. Too light to withstand any sort of use without walking across the counter. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Kindle Customer
Bought this product for my mother for her birthday (she asked for it!). Worked great, and she loved it...only problem is it stopped working in less than a year. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jody Heap
I love this and use it all the time. Works well, especially for the cost.Published 1 month ago by sara22pa
First one was broken in pieces. Second replacement would not turn on. Could not replace - out of stock.Published 1 month ago by Anthony B.
This is our second chopper. The first worked great we just busted off part of the lid so had to get a replacement. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M. Yoder
See the Top Rated food processors in our Food Processor Reviews.