Lyft Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,643 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,858 reviews
on March 1, 2011
I was ready to write a great review for this blender the moment I got it, but I thought, no, I should test it out, see if it fails to perform over time. It's been months and it's just been a wonderful blender, no problems. The pulse button is a very handy addition, because it modifies both HIGH and LOW buttons with one push, so it's very one-hand-friendly. It's got a strong motor, which is not too noisy ... you can smoothly lift the cups to stop it automatically, which is super smart. Altogether a very neatly designed product.

I use it every day, so it gets a serious work out on a weekly basis. Grinding coffee, making soups, smoothies, chopping vegetables into purees (of course you have to add liquid, it's not a food processor!). Whipping cream, chopping nuts, blending hot soups (careful, only fill it half way and start on LOW), etc...

If you want a compact, super easy to clean blender, that can go in the dishwasher (plastic does get a bit cloudy, but I don't care if it means I don't have to hand wash it!), it's just the best little blender I've ever come across. And I've gone through many 'small' blenders - I had several MAGIC BULLETS, the pro and ordinary, they were good, but they are a poor design next to this blender.

I TOTALLY recommend it :) no hesitations.
1111 comments| 629 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
I love this system! But I can understand why others have had trouble with it. I like it because it is fast, cuts ice like butter, and cleans up as fast as anything you will find. I too wish the cups were a little wider for easier cleaning, but found that a bottle brush made to clean sigg water bottles works perfectly as does a baby bottle brush. Also, it is very important to put the liquid first and the ice last, so that the ice rests on the blades with the liquid all around before you start grinding. Also, it is very important to pulse first to make sure that no ice cubes are wedged between your blades in the beginning. If they are it jams and hums and you need to stop it and shake it or even unscrew the lid to get the ice out before continuing. But when it starts with liquid and ice, it cuts the ice like butter, no kidding. You turn it upside down, screw off the blade top, rinse it off and go. It's that quick. There is no better, faster smoothie system out there. And although it's not included in this kit, you can get a lid from the cuisinart website that will fit the chopper cup that does not have a hole in it, so it seals it completely. Also, when you first use it please note that the cup should slide into the blender slot. I smashed it down, it jammed and I had a terrible mess. I learned to twist it gently back and forth a little till it dropped down on it's own. Don't force it. I have had this system for about 2 years, and nothing compares to its quickness and ease of use and cleaning. But you have to baby it a little with the tips mentioned below.
1. Make sure there is liquid in the cup around the ice and that the ice is put into the cup last so that when you put the blade on and turn it upside down the ice is closest to the blades.
2. Don't force the cup down into the blender. Twist back and forth until it falls down naturally with gravity.
3. When crushing ice, pulse first and make sure there is liquid around the ice cubes. If the blade doesn't start right away, stop, shake or clear ice out of top before pulsing again.
4. It helps to steady the machine when blending with your hand on top of the cup. It is so powerful, the vibrations are crazy.
5. Use a sigg water bottle or baby bottle brush to clean the cups if necessary.
6. Remember you can order a chopper cup lid with no holes in it from the cuisinart website for about $6.

Good luck with your decision. I love mine.
33 comments| 393 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2017
Great little blender. Easy to clean and much lighter weight than my older model (which still works wonderfully, but is glass and HEAVY). I love the variety of cups included and the smaller chopper attachment. Very convenient now that I am learning to make smoothies. It would be nice if an additional closed lid were provided. The travel cups all have the sippy lid (the one closed lid that fits the chopper also fits the travel cups). Its ability to crush ice is impressive. Now I've just got to learn in which order to best blend my ingredients. I don't like to follow recipes, i prefer to learn by trial and error. There is apparently an art to smoothie making. Maybe it's just a method. Unlike relationships, I don't believe the law of attraction is at play here.
on September 3, 2017
Only had this for one day used it twice. Replaces my Hamilton beach 51101 personal blender which doesn't chop up ice that good for Smoothies. And also replaces my ninja master prep which the plastic container is very thin and the ice cracks it After a while. I use this blenders about 14-16 times a week. I like this cuisinart because I don't have to hold the power button and I can walk away tell it finishes So I don't have to babysit it . The blades could be sharper but I can pick up a file sharpen myself. This seems the best out of all three smoothie makers. But sucks for minced or chunkie stuff like salsa, puts to much air in mix. the ninja is better for these type of items. Also not too good at chopping up fine seeds as it says it does in advertisement.
on October 18, 2016
We enjoy smoothies and milkshakes at our house. We have been using this blender nearly every day since the beginning of July when I bought it. Our old blender burned out from my son trying to blend something too thick so I bought this as a replacement.

I am happy with this purchase. The motor is strong and the plastic is sturdy. No cracks and easy to clean. I rinse off the blades after each use, before it dries. Simple to put in the dishwasher and then go about my busy day. It only takes about 30 seconds of blending to get my smoothies blended well. The thing I like about this set, as opposed to my old one, is the lids to go on the top of the cups. The small drinking opening is good for thinner drinks and is perfect for using a straw in for thicker drinks and to help prevent spills for my children. Having the option to make a larger batch in the pitcher is great as well. I only had the smaller option with my old blender set. The large pitcher is equivalent to about two of the tall blender cups.

The only thing that I find tricky, is that the clear top piece that is inserted into the black top piece of the blender is a bit difficult to use. You have to fit it in and then turn to lock it into place. It doesn't turn easily. Then you have to remove it for cleaning and reverse the process, which is still difficult to turn.

That being the only negative that I have encountered, I am very satisfied with my purchase.
on March 14, 2014
Updated. I've been using this product regularly for several weeks, and while there's still an ozone smell and occasional "panic attacks" (despite carefully using it) it's held up well so far.

I never try to grind ice, I make sure there's plenty of liquid around frozen fruit and pulse first, etc. as suggested. I've made smoothies (with frozen fruit), ground flax seeds, whipped up bean dip, churned almonds into butter and more. Very easy to use and clean. Moving up to 5 stars, but will revise if it conks out.

---------

Quality issues: Ozone smell when in use. "Panic" lights came on and unit stopped working. Left it unplugged overnight, and it worked the next day. All this is of concern. Otherwise, appliance works well so far.

Loud but apparently all in this category are. Will consider upgrading review unless it conks out soon. If it does die, I would lower rating. I've used it to make smoothies with frozen fruit--not ice--and carefully followed directions.
on January 29, 2013
I was considering buying another magic bullet and left a long and detailed review of my use of that product over a nearly 5 year span, thankfully I chose this instead! I have now been using this a little over a month 1-2 times every day and love this thing. I am going to compare it directly to the MB as it is something I am very familiar with.

Pros:
-Actually chops frozen items and ice (mixed with liquids/solids anyway) I would not use this on ice alone but it might be able to handle it -- not
going to risk it. Magic Bullet always left little chunks of ice/frozen food.
-Works in a hurry, a couple pulses and then run 5 seconds or so and a THICK smoothie is to be had.
-Quieter than the Magic Bullet (significantly so, especially with ice)
-Easier to clean (but not by much), the threads and support ridges are easier to clean on the cups.
-Seal works better on attachments - no leaks! And the O-ring is protected by deep ridges keeping that from getting torn up.
-Comes with the blender cup without spending extra.
-Portable cups with lids you can drink through like travel cups.
-Looks nice and fairly classy sitting on the counter.

There are no cons compared to the MB, but there are some "ties" and things that aren't perfect, this will address many of the negative comments I read while I was researching this product.

-Hard to clean chopping/blending base: This is esentially the same problem with all the mini-blenders (MB) sorry folks, but the beauty of the design is also the achilles heal of the design, and you are going to have to pull the O-ring out and wash underneath it periodically. If you want to leave dirty stuff in the cup with the attachment sealed to it you will get some stank fromunda-cheese brewing in and around this thing. My recommendation is to try to rinse out the cup and shake or blend it with the base as soon as possible after using it, you will still have to pull the O-ring (use a dull knife to work it out of the slot) out every couple of weeks and rinse/wash both the O-ring and the base underneath. Bleach may help and may lengthen the amount of time you can go inbetween, but once you see the gunk that builds up it will be hard to enjoy your frozen latte afterwards.
-Noise: Like I said, quieter than the MB and about the same or slightly less than a regular blender, but you are chopping frozen stuff -- it isn't going to be quiet.
-Smell of electronics burning: I did experience this slightly with the first couple of uses, but it went away after that. Just gotta burn that new wire smell out of there. I think the manual mentions something about only running it for 6-8 seconds at a time which is probably a good idea with this much power in this small of a motor.

It is possible that time will tell a truer tale and that many of the 1-star reviews were being 100% honest and I just have gotten lucky so far, but I have been extremely happy with this product and the quality of shakes/smoothies/frozen drinks it creates.
on August 18, 2017
Great blender. I received this product as a gift about 8 years ago and it only just recently crapped out. Loved it so much that I had to purchase the exact same model!

The old machine still works - the only issue was that the smoothie blade seized up from an average of 4 years of daily smoothies. The replacement blade on Cuisinart's site ends up being nearly as much with shipping as an entire new blender through Amazon.

Powerful blender for the size. Keep in mind the liquid to solid ratios when blending and you will love this!
on September 14, 2017
This is a high-quality personal blender. I have had several off-brand and even a Magic Bullet before purchasing this one. I use it almost exclusively for smoothies, so the motor power isn't a big concern of mine. This base is sleek and matches my stainless steel appliances. I think the main difference between this unit and previous ones I've had are the included cups. They seem durable and you get more for your money than other systems. They don't feel cheap at all. I hand wash them to hopefully prevent any breakage.
on December 26, 2016
I purchased two of these and they worked very well for about for a little under a year. I wanted one for travel and one for home. Both motors died around the same time and lasted just past a year. For the amount that I spent (about $140), I would expect a much better product!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.