Industrial Deals HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. Get 10% back on select Bang & Olufsen products Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on March 1, 2011
I was ready to write a great review for this blender the moment I got it, but I thought, no, I should test it out, see if it fails to perform over time. It's been months and it's just been a wonderful blender, no problems. The pulse button is a very handy addition, because it modifies both HIGH and LOW buttons with one push, so it's very one-hand-friendly. It's got a strong motor, which is not too noisy ... you can smoothly lift the cups to stop it automatically, which is super smart. Altogether a very neatly designed product.

I use it every day, so it gets a serious work out on a weekly basis. Grinding coffee, making soups, smoothies, chopping vegetables into purees (of course you have to add liquid, it's not a food processor!). Whipping cream, chopping nuts, blending hot soups (careful, only fill it half way and start on LOW), etc...

If you want a compact, super easy to clean blender, that can go in the dishwasher (plastic does get a bit cloudy, but I don't care if it means I don't have to hand wash it!), it's just the best little blender I've ever come across. And I've gone through many 'small' blenders - I had several MAGIC BULLETS, the pro and ordinary, they were good, but they are a poor design next to this blender.

I TOTALLY recommend it :) no hesitations.
1111 comments| 643 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2013
I love this system! But I can understand why others have had trouble with it. I like it because it is fast, cuts ice like butter, and cleans up as fast as anything you will find. I too wish the cups were a little wider for easier cleaning, but found that a bottle brush made to clean sigg water bottles works perfectly as does a baby bottle brush. Also, it is very important to put the liquid first and the ice last, so that the ice rests on the blades with the liquid all around before you start grinding. Also, it is very important to pulse first to make sure that no ice cubes are wedged between your blades in the beginning. If they are it jams and hums and you need to stop it and shake it or even unscrew the lid to get the ice out before continuing. But when it starts with liquid and ice, it cuts the ice like butter, no kidding. You turn it upside down, screw off the blade top, rinse it off and go. It's that quick. There is no better, faster smoothie system out there. And although it's not included in this kit, you can get a lid from the cuisinart website that will fit the chopper cup that does not have a hole in it, so it seals it completely. Also, when you first use it please note that the cup should slide into the blender slot. I smashed it down, it jammed and I had a terrible mess. I learned to twist it gently back and forth a little till it dropped down on it's own. Don't force it. I have had this system for about 2 years, and nothing compares to its quickness and ease of use and cleaning. But you have to baby it a little with the tips mentioned below.
1. Make sure there is liquid in the cup around the ice and that the ice is put into the cup last so that when you put the blade on and turn it upside down the ice is closest to the blades.
2. Don't force the cup down into the blender. Twist back and forth until it falls down naturally with gravity.
3. When crushing ice, pulse first and make sure there is liquid around the ice cubes. If the blade doesn't start right away, stop, shake or clear ice out of top before pulsing again.
4. It helps to steady the machine when blending with your hand on top of the cup. It is so powerful, the vibrations are crazy.
5. Use a sigg water bottle or baby bottle brush to clean the cups if necessary.
6. Remember you can order a chopper cup lid with no holes in it from the cuisinart website for about $6.

Good luck with your decision. I love mine.
33 comments| 413 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 31, 2017
Works great. All I have to add are two minor faults. First, the lids to the cups don't seal so don't shake the cup. Second, there doesn't seem to be a safe way to store the cutting assembly.

Chopping ice and frozen fruit works fine using "Pulse" mode. Read the manual if you have trouble with ice, but, honestly, ice in a smoothie is a waste. All it does is fluff up the drink with air. Use frozen fruit and yogurt; if using Greek yogurt add water or milk to thin the mix.

Lots of reviewers also complain about nuts and hard fruits. Those are supposed to be cut with the flat blade, not the star-shaped blade.

Do not wash the cutting assembly in the dishwasher. The manual states that all parts are "top rack dishwasher safe" but after the third washing the lubricant in the cutting assembly was gone and the blade no longer spins freely.
22 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 7, 2014
I am so happy with this blender. It is exactly what I'd hoped it would be. The quality of Cuisinart does not disappoint. My husband and I have used this nearly every morning for smoothies. It is quick, easy, and powerful. I have also used the chopping blade for baby food and it works just as well. I also don't mind keeping it out on the counter - the stainless steel-look is sleek and matches our appliances and the small compact size doesn't take up a lot of space. Very happy with this purchase.

**Update: It is 6 months later and one morning this week this blender just stopped working. I am really disappointed and didn't realize how much I'd come to rely on having it as part of my morning routine. Since this issue of the motor crapping out seems to be fairly common according to the reviews I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, but paying this much for a Cuisinart product, using it for about 30 seconds 5 days a week for six months and having it break is unacceptable.

However, last night I emailed Amazon Customer Service about the issue I've had with this product and I received an email this morning that I will have a replacement blender tomorrow! I'm not sure what kind of customer service I would have received if I had contacted Cuisinart directly, but this is why I LOVE Amazon! They are doing the right thing with out me having to jump through one hoop or make a fuss. Thank you!! This is the way to keep your customers happy and coming back.
on June 24, 2016
I have had it about a year now using it primarily for green smoothie type drinks for lunch when garden veggies are fresh or I have a supply of good veggies & fruits to use so it is not used even weekly by any means. Each time the battle below goes on for a few days until I ultimately give up & put it all back on the shelf to make other lunch choices for a few months before dragging it out & trying again. It is without a doubt the loudest blender, quite possibly the loudest piece if kitchen equipment we've ever had-whatever ear protection you choose better be high quality if you want to have any hearing left after use! It only works marginally well. The smoothie ingredients I use are already chopped & pre measured by the time we get this far & I add even more juice than any recipe suggests to compensate when I wish to add a bit of protein powder but the thing must be constantly babied---start --it does a little--stop--unplug--stir-- plug in--start again--repeated numerous times for 1 smoothie. Even doing less with more liquid barely makes any difference in this process.Sometimes it will stop performing & all lights will begin to flash. Then it is unplug stir & move the blades about & maybe it will work again. I'd toss it in the trash or give to second hand with a warning to only make thin shakes with it but simply cannot find time to shop for a replacement now...I do not suggest this blender for anything other than the deaf or nearly deaf & even then only for those who wish to make thin ice cream type shakes...FYI we have a Cuisinart food processor we LOVE & have had that 16 years without a hiccup...so it is this machine or this odd Conair combined brand perhaps?
on October 18, 2016
We enjoy smoothies and milkshakes at our house. We have been using this blender nearly every day since the beginning of July when I bought it. Our old blender burned out from my son trying to blend something too thick so I bought this as a replacement.

I am happy with this purchase. The motor is strong and the plastic is sturdy. No cracks and easy to clean. I rinse off the blades after each use, before it dries. Simple to put in the dishwasher and then go about my busy day. It only takes about 30 seconds of blending to get my smoothies blended well. The thing I like about this set, as opposed to my old one, is the lids to go on the top of the cups. The small drinking opening is good for thinner drinks and is perfect for using a straw in for thicker drinks and to help prevent spills for my children. Having the option to make a larger batch in the pitcher is great as well. I only had the smaller option with my old blender set. The large pitcher is equivalent to about two of the tall blender cups.

The only thing that I find tricky, is that the clear top piece that is inserted into the black top piece of the blender is a bit difficult to use. You have to fit it in and then turn to lock it into place. It doesn't turn easily. Then you have to remove it for cleaning and reverse the process, which is still difficult to turn.

That being the only negative that I have encountered, I am very satisfied with my purchase.
on May 9, 2017
Its a good little blender but not the most powerful. Definitely needs a little extra liquid to help make a smooth blend. And its rather noisy but it gets the job done! The one piece that does not work well is the little food chopper - it couldn't even manage to chop an onion well. But since I didn't buy this for the chopper, I can live with that not working!
on January 28, 2018
Have had ours for over four years now purchased November 2013...the best blender we’ve ever had ....actually sold our ninja IQ to a friend recently as our Cuisinart works better at chopping/blending everything ....ice...frozen vegetables or fruit for a smoothie plus it’s quiet especially compared to the Vitamix we bought which we returned because they are way overpriced and sound like a 747 is landing in your kitchen! This one is a trooper and should last you for years!
on September 14, 2017
This is a high-quality personal blender. I have had several off-brand and even a Magic Bullet before purchasing this one. I use it almost exclusively for smoothies, so the motor power isn't a big concern of mine. This base is sleek and matches my stainless steel appliances. I think the main difference between this unit and previous ones I've had are the included cups. They seem durable and you get more for your money than other systems. They don't feel cheap at all. I hand wash them to hopefully prevent any breakage.
on September 3, 2017
Only had this for one day used it twice. Replaces my Hamilton beach 51101 personal blender which doesn't chop up ice that good for Smoothies. And also replaces my ninja master prep which the plastic container is very thin and the ice cracks it After a while. I use this blenders about 14-16 times a week. I like this cuisinart because I don't have to hold the power button and I can walk away tell it finishes So I don't have to babysit it . The blades could be sharper but I can pick up a file sharpen myself. This seems the best out of all three smoothie makers. But sucks for minced or chunkie stuff like salsa, puts to much air in mix. the ninja is better for these type of items. Also not too good at chopping up fine seeds as it says it does in advertisement.