Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,617 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,832 reviews
on March 1, 2011
I was ready to write a great review for this blender the moment I got it, but I thought, no, I should test it out, see if it fails to perform over time. It's been months and it's just been a wonderful blender, no problems. The pulse button is a very handy addition, because it modifies both HIGH and LOW buttons with one push, so it's very one-hand-friendly. It's got a strong motor, which is not too noisy ... you can smoothly lift the cups to stop it automatically, which is super smart. Altogether a very neatly designed product.

I use it every day, so it gets a serious work out on a weekly basis. Grinding coffee, making soups, smoothies, chopping vegetables into purees (of course you have to add liquid, it's not a food processor!). Whipping cream, chopping nuts, blending hot soups (careful, only fill it half way and start on LOW), etc...

If you want a compact, super easy to clean blender, that can go in the dishwasher (plastic does get a bit cloudy, but I don't care if it means I don't have to hand wash it!), it's just the best little blender I've ever come across. And I've gone through many 'small' blenders - I had several MAGIC BULLETS, the pro and ordinary, they were good, but they are a poor design next to this blender.

I TOTALLY recommend it :) no hesitations.
1010 comments| 622 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
I love this system! But I can understand why others have had trouble with it. I like it because it is fast, cuts ice like butter, and cleans up as fast as anything you will find. I too wish the cups were a little wider for easier cleaning, but found that a bottle brush made to clean sigg water bottles works perfectly as does a baby bottle brush. Also, it is very important to put the liquid first and the ice last, so that the ice rests on the blades with the liquid all around before you start grinding. Also, it is very important to pulse first to make sure that no ice cubes are wedged between your blades in the beginning. If they are it jams and hums and you need to stop it and shake it or even unscrew the lid to get the ice out before continuing. But when it starts with liquid and ice, it cuts the ice like butter, no kidding. You turn it upside down, screw off the blade top, rinse it off and go. It's that quick. There is no better, faster smoothie system out there. And although it's not included in this kit, you can get a lid from the cuisinart website that will fit the chopper cup that does not have a hole in it, so it seals it completely. Also, when you first use it please note that the cup should slide into the blender slot. I smashed it down, it jammed and I had a terrible mess. I learned to twist it gently back and forth a little till it dropped down on it's own. Don't force it. I have had this system for about 2 years, and nothing compares to its quickness and ease of use and cleaning. But you have to baby it a little with the tips mentioned below.
1. Make sure there is liquid in the cup around the ice and that the ice is put into the cup last so that when you put the blade on and turn it upside down the ice is closest to the blades.
2. Don't force the cup down into the blender. Twist back and forth until it falls down naturally with gravity.
3. When crushing ice, pulse first and make sure there is liquid around the ice cubes. If the blade doesn't start right away, stop, shake or clear ice out of top before pulsing again.
4. It helps to steady the machine when blending with your hand on top of the cup. It is so powerful, the vibrations are crazy.
5. Use a sigg water bottle or baby bottle brush to clean the cups if necessary.
6. Remember you can order a chopper cup lid with no holes in it from the cuisinart website for about $6.

Good luck with your decision. I love mine.
33 comments| 379 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2017
This is an outstanding product. I've been using this product for at least seven or eight years essentially every day. I'm now on my third set (I'll explain why later - even the first one still works). For the price, flexibility, and quality, it's about as good as a consumer product gets.

Some of the things I like:

* It's small, so I can leave it on the counter. It's powerful for its size. Yes, it's a small blender, and if you want a large blender or a food processor this probably ain't gonna do the trick. But for me it's perfect.

* It comes with a terrific assortment of cups, two blending blade/bases (which screw onto all the cups and the "large" blender jar), and several lids. I like the flexibility this provides. There's always a clean base and cup around when I want to blend.

* It's reliable. I've bought three sets because some of the accessories get lost or wear out over time, and the set is so inexpensive it's just a better value to buy an entire set than to replace a single missing part (which would cost, with shipping, between a fifth and a half of the cost of the entire kit). The motor/base units from the first of these I bought still works great after many years.

* The quality is good. The parts fit well. The gaskets seal (my experience is much different than some of the negative reviews on this point) and while they don't last forever, they have lasted years for me in daily use. The plastic seems to be a good, high quality grade.

The only parts that have failed for me are the grinding bases - but that's my own fault. I just read the instructions upon receiving my third set, and the grinding blades aren't supposed to be used for liquids. Ooops -- I've been using them to make milkshakes for years. Now I know why two of them failed. But even using them improperly, they lasted for years.

There's only one thing I don't like about this set, and it's just a personal preference. It comes with four "sippy" screw-on lids for drink-sized containers. Those have holes and don't seal, so they aren't good for leaving stuff in the fridge or traveling. The kit comes with one sealing lid (you can see it on the bottom of the small cup). I would prefer four sealing lids and one sippy lid. But problem solved - I just ordered four sealing lids from Cuisinart (not available on Amazon at this writing). Yes, with shipping the cost was almost $40 - near the price of the entire kit. But the kit is such a bargain, it's well worthwhile to be able to blend things and leave them in the fridge (especially now that I have more than ten blender cups!)

And, best I can tell, the products I received with my latest (third) order are identical to the reliable ones I bought years ago.
on November 11, 2014
I loved so much about this little blender! The cups, the lids, the blender was just unique and everything I wanted only... This isn't built to last! Sure they show you in the video it can crush ice and all, but that's because the blades are razor sharp! After that wears off you're left with a very so so blender that if you like frozen drinks isn't going to last. I used mine to make me a smoothie twice a day for about 3 weeks and really noticed it starting to struggle... I decided to send it back before it became a paper weight and was sad to see it go, but I know from experience a blender that has staying power and one that does not and sadly as much as I loved this blender I had to return it.
on May 31, 2017
Works great. All I have to add are two minor faults. First, the lids to the cups don't seal so don't shake the cup. Second, there doesn't seem to be a safe way to store the cutting assembly.

Chopping ice and frozen fruit works fine using "Pulse" mode. Read the manual if you have trouble with ice, but, honestly, ice in a smoothie is a waste. All it does is fluff up the drink with air. Use frozen fruit and yogurt; if using Greek yogurt add water or milk to thin the mix.

Lots of reviewers also complain about nuts and hard fruits. Those are supposed to be cut with the flat blade, not the star-shaped blade.

Do not wash the cutting assembly in the dishwasher. The manual states that all parts are "top rack dishwasher safe" but after the third washing the lubricant in the cutting assembly was gone and the blade no longer spins freely.
on March 7, 2014
I am so happy with this blender. It is exactly what I'd hoped it would be. The quality of Cuisinart does not disappoint. My husband and I have used this nearly every morning for smoothies. It is quick, easy, and powerful. I have also used the chopping blade for baby food and it works just as well. I also don't mind keeping it out on the counter - the stainless steel-look is sleek and matches our appliances and the small compact size doesn't take up a lot of space. Very happy with this purchase.

**Update: It is 6 months later and one morning this week this blender just stopped working. I am really disappointed and didn't realize how much I'd come to rely on having it as part of my morning routine. Since this issue of the motor crapping out seems to be fairly common according to the reviews I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, but paying this much for a Cuisinart product, using it for about 30 seconds 5 days a week for six months and having it break is unacceptable.

However, last night I emailed Amazon Customer Service about the issue I've had with this product and I received an email this morning that I will have a replacement blender tomorrow! I'm not sure what kind of customer service I would have received if I had contacted Cuisinart directly, but this is why I LOVE Amazon! They are doing the right thing with out me having to jump through one hoop or make a fuss. Thank you!! This is the way to keep your customers happy and coming back.
on April 9, 2012
We make a lot of smoothies in our house, 2-6 a day. We have burned through several blenders in all price ranges and brands. We purchased a Bullet last year because everyone was wanting different smoothies at the same time and washing the big blender was getting cumbersome. The Bullet lasted less than 6 months and it NEVER blended as great as the Cuisinart Smartpower Compact has. With the Bullet, I would have to reblend items because big chunks would still remain. The Cuisinart is a POWERHOUSE! We LOVE IT! It blends everything so quickly and completely. Yes, it did stink of burning motor the first few times we used it, but it doesn't now that we have used it many times. We also did have the motor shut down, but that was a function of the machine working like it should. It shut down before the motor was fried. We start all our blends on the low setting now, and after the big frozen pieces are chopped up, we switch to the high speed to completely pulverize our ingredients. I have no more complaining of chunky pieces in smoothies. I am getting more spinach, peas and flaxseed into my kids than ever before. They can longer tell because everything is blended so smoothly! The Cuisinart Smartpower is worth every penny. Another feature we all love is the blend and go lids. Now I just make different smoothies directly into the travel cup. It's Awesome!
on June 24, 2016
I have had it about a year now using it primarily for green smoothie type drinks for lunch when garden veggies are fresh or I have a supply of good veggies & fruits to use so it is not used even weekly by any means. Each time the battle below goes on for a few days until I ultimately give up & put it all back on the shelf to make other lunch choices for a few months before dragging it out & trying again. It is without a doubt the loudest blender, quite possibly the loudest piece if kitchen equipment we've ever had-whatever ear protection you choose better be high quality if you want to have any hearing left after use! It only works marginally well. The smoothie ingredients I use are already chopped & pre measured by the time we get this far & I add even more juice than any recipe suggests to compensate when I wish to add a bit of protein powder but the thing must be constantly babied---start --it does a little--stop--unplug--stir-- plug in--start again--repeated numerous times for 1 smoothie. Even doing less with more liquid barely makes any difference in this process.Sometimes it will stop performing & all lights will begin to flash. Then it is unplug stir & move the blades about & maybe it will work again. I'd toss it in the trash or give to second hand with a warning to only make thin shakes with it but simply cannot find time to shop for a replacement now...I do not suggest this blender for anything other than the deaf or nearly deaf & even then only for those who wish to make thin ice cream type shakes...FYI we have a Cuisinart food processor we LOVE & have had that 16 years without a hiccup...so it is this machine or this odd Conair combined brand perhaps?
on January 24, 2014
I bought this even though some people gave it a bad review. So far it has worked great and I use it multiple times a day for smoothies. The individual cups are great for this and clean up is easy. I did notice the rubber smell that some talked about but it has now gone away. The only negative I have to say is that if it is on high, with frozen items in it like ice or frozen fruit, you can't just walk away from it. Because the base is compact, it jumps around sometimes, so you have to hold down the cup. However, I personally don't mind this because one of the reasons I bought it was I was tired of my full size blender taking up counter space.

Update 1/30/2014: I changed my rating to 4 stars because I agree with the person who said the cleanup of the o-ring was a little difficult because you have to pry it out because it is recessed and does not just lie between the blades and cup.

Update 01/12/2015: It is now only 1 star. It died. I used it consistently for the first several months and it worked great. I have used it very rarely since then until the beginning of this year. It now overheats and shuts off after a couple of seconds. I would say that had I continued to use it regularly, it would have died about the 6 month mark. Already went to the store and bought a different brand today. Very disappointed because I expect more out of Cuisinart. Will complain to the company, but I don't want a replacement. It is just not up to the job.
on May 9, 2017
Its a good little blender but not the most powerful. Definitely needs a little extra liquid to help make a smooth blend. And its rather noisy but it gets the job done! The one piece that does not work well is the little food chopper - it couldn't even manage to chop an onion well. But since I didn't buy this for the chopper, I can live with that not working!