Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 1, 2011
I was ready to write a great review for this blender the moment I got it, but I thought, no, I should test it out, see if it fails to perform over time. It's been months and it's just been a wonderful blender, no problems. The pulse button is a very handy addition, because it modifies both HIGH and LOW buttons with one push, so it's very one-hand-friendly. It's got a strong motor, which is not too noisy ... you can smoothly lift the cups to stop it automatically, which is super smart. Altogether a very neatly designed product.

I use it every day, so it gets a serious work out on a weekly basis. Grinding coffee, making soups, smoothies, chopping vegetables into purees (of course you have to add liquid, it's not a food processor!). Whipping cream, chopping nuts, blending hot soups (careful, only fill it half way and start on LOW), etc...

If you want a compact, super easy to clean blender, that can go in the dishwasher (plastic does get a bit cloudy, but I don't care if it means I don't have to hand wash it!), it's just the best little blender I've ever come across. And I've gone through many 'small' blenders - I had several MAGIC BULLETS, the pro and ordinary, they were good, but they are a poor design next to this blender.

I TOTALLY recommend it :) no hesitations.
633 helpful votes
634 helpful votes
1111 comments|Report abuse
on May 9, 2013
I love this system! But I can understand why others have had trouble with it. I like it because it is fast, cuts ice like butter, and cleans up as fast as anything you will find. I too wish the cups were a little wider for easier cleaning, but found that a bottle brush made to clean sigg water bottles works perfectly as does a baby bottle brush. Also, it is very important to put the liquid first and the ice last, so that the ice rests on the blades with the liquid all around before you start grinding. Also, it is very important to pulse first to make sure that no ice cubes are wedged between your blades in the beginning. If they are it jams and hums and you need to stop it and shake it or even unscrew the lid to get the ice out before continuing. But when it starts with liquid and ice, it cuts the ice like butter, no kidding. You turn it upside down, screw off the blade top, rinse it off and go. It's that quick. There is no better, faster smoothie system out there. And although it's not included in this kit, you can get a lid from the cuisinart website that will fit the chopper cup that does not have a hole in it, so it seals it completely. Also, when you first use it please note that the cup should slide into the blender slot. I smashed it down, it jammed and I had a terrible mess. I learned to twist it gently back and forth a little till it dropped down on it's own. Don't force it. I have had this system for about 2 years, and nothing compares to its quickness and ease of use and cleaning. But you have to baby it a little with the tips mentioned below.
1. Make sure there is liquid in the cup around the ice and that the ice is put into the cup last so that when you put the blade on and turn it upside down the ice is closest to the blades.
2. Don't force the cup down into the blender. Twist back and forth until it falls down naturally with gravity.
3. When crushing ice, pulse first and make sure there is liquid around the ice cubes. If the blade doesn't start right away, stop, shake or clear ice out of top before pulsing again.
4. It helps to steady the machine when blending with your hand on top of the cup. It is so powerful, the vibrations are crazy.
5. Use a sigg water bottle or baby bottle brush to clean the cups if necessary.
6. Remember you can order a chopper cup lid with no holes in it from the cuisinart website for about $6.

Good luck with your decision. I love mine.
398 helpful votes
399 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on March 14, 2014
Updated. I've been using this product regularly for several weeks, and while there's still an ozone smell and occasional "panic attacks" (despite carefully using it) it's held up well so far.

I never try to grind ice, I make sure there's plenty of liquid around frozen fruit and pulse first, etc. as suggested. I've made smoothies (with frozen fruit), ground flax seeds, whipped up bean dip, churned almonds into butter and more. Very easy to use and clean. Moving up to 5 stars, but will revise if it conks out.

---------

Quality issues: Ozone smell when in use. "Panic" lights came on and unit stopped working. Left it unplugged overnight, and it worked the next day. All this is of concern. Otherwise, appliance works well so far.

Loud but apparently all in this category are. Will consider upgrading review unless it conks out soon. If it does die, I would lower rating. I've used it to make smoothies with frozen fruit--not ice--and carefully followed directions.
on December 26, 2016
I purchased two of these and they worked very well for about for a little under a year. I wanted one for travel and one for home. Both motors died around the same time and lasted just past a year. For the amount that I spent (about $140), I would expect a much better product!
4 helpful votes
on July 28, 2016
This is my third CPB-300 blender. I use it every day and they each lasted more than a year... Generally, they work well. This time, however, the performance of my new Cuisinart blender right out of the box was about the same as the old blender that I replaced. So anemic that it would not blend anything but the thinnest mixtures. I normally make smoothies that use crushed ice (not ice cubes) but this new model had no power whatsoever. I hope it was a defective model, rather than a cost- saving design change to a lower power motor.
on February 13, 2014
I previously used the magic bullet for years. I used it daily, and used it roughly, for everything. Loved it but wanted to give this one a try mainly due to it's bigger cups, ease of use, and setting options. And it has held up to those benefits, i do like it better than the bullet. However, it is already starting to fall apart on me. One of the little rubber spacers in the blade attachment somehow got dislodged during a blend and got obliterated into the blend. No idea how that happened because i'm aware they need to be in a certain place, besides, I shouldn't have been able to close it properly if it weren't in it's spot. And then the threads on the large blender attachment just started disintegrating. I mean, I just picked it up and the threads literally started falling off in my hand....in long pieces and some small. I logged on to return that portion of it but it says my exp for return was 4 months ago. I'm pretty bummed because I haven't had it very long and shouldn't have to dole out money to replace things this soon....
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on April 19, 2017
Was amazing while it lasted. Crushed ice exceptionally well (as long as you didn't overfill), and was easy, powerful, and convenient. Unfortunately, it died after a little more than a year. Called customer support a few times but they were always closed. Their hours were inconvenient (especially because I am in a different time zone), and then it fell off the list of things to do and I gave up. It's frustrating because I liked it so much.
on April 16, 2016
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!
Its not been even an year that I have owned this and this has already broken. My day to day use of this blender is minimal. I may be using it on an average of 4 times per week and to make smoothies or dips.but past one month this started making weird noises. it would have hard time starting up. and yesterday when I was making mango shake, this machine refused to turn on and gave a terrible burnt smell.
I had bought this gadget with very high hopes and its really disappointed me. there is no option of given a -ve star. its not even cheap that you could throw it away without feeling a pinch. had it served me many years I wouldnt have felt this way..but im not hapy right now..:((
on July 30, 2014
I went back and forth on the Cuisinart CPB-300 blender. Does a family of 2 really need all this (15 pieces!) just to make an occasional smoothie? I waited and waited and waited some more. Then an Amazon coupon came along if by magic! Hooray! I snatched this baby up and here it came a couple days later via Prime. Plugged it in, threw in some peanut butter, bananas, milk, honey and ice (yes, I know you aren't supposed to use ice).... Literally in seconds, I had the best smoothie I ever had with zero fuss. The blender barreled through large chunks of ice like a workhorse. The look of the stainless system matches other stainless appliances by other manufacturers, takes up very little room on the kitchen counter and the cups with lids are high quality. We use it every other day at least! I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again. Hopefully, I won't have to!

Worth noting: The chopper works so well that fennel seeds were turned into powder in the blink of an eye! This blender puts out A LOT of power. Try pulse or low and work your way up.
on March 25, 2015
Good for quick mixes and light duty workouts. Overheated mine twice but it has over heat protections so all the lights will blink and it will not run until the motor cools down. Takes about 5 minutes or so. Overall it's a good little machine for single batches of your favorite mixtures. Easy cleaning and about as noisy as you'd expect. I think the motor could be a little stronger especially when using the large container so don't over fill it with frozen fruits or veggies. About half full is OK above that and it can struggle a little bit and may overheat. Had it for about a month and been using it almost daily so we will see how it hold up. Extra mix cups come in handy, and blades work well on harder items like soaked or dried almonds.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.