Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,624 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,839 reviews
on March 1, 2011
I was ready to write a great review for this blender the moment I got it, but I thought, no, I should test it out, see if it fails to perform over time. It's been months and it's just been a wonderful blender, no problems. The pulse button is a very handy addition, because it modifies both HIGH and LOW buttons with one push, so it's very one-hand-friendly. It's got a strong motor, which is not too noisy ... you can smoothly lift the cups to stop it automatically, which is super smart. Altogether a very neatly designed product.

I use it every day, so it gets a serious work out on a weekly basis. Grinding coffee, making soups, smoothies, chopping vegetables into purees (of course you have to add liquid, it's not a food processor!). Whipping cream, chopping nuts, blending hot soups (careful, only fill it half way and start on LOW), etc...

If you want a compact, super easy to clean blender, that can go in the dishwasher (plastic does get a bit cloudy, but I don't care if it means I don't have to hand wash it!), it's just the best little blender I've ever come across. And I've gone through many 'small' blenders - I had several MAGIC BULLETS, the pro and ordinary, they were good, but they are a poor design next to this blender.

I TOTALLY recommend it :) no hesitations.
1010 comments| 626 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
I love this system! But I can understand why others have had trouble with it. I like it because it is fast, cuts ice like butter, and cleans up as fast as anything you will find. I too wish the cups were a little wider for easier cleaning, but found that a bottle brush made to clean sigg water bottles works perfectly as does a baby bottle brush. Also, it is very important to put the liquid first and the ice last, so that the ice rests on the blades with the liquid all around before you start grinding. Also, it is very important to pulse first to make sure that no ice cubes are wedged between your blades in the beginning. If they are it jams and hums and you need to stop it and shake it or even unscrew the lid to get the ice out before continuing. But when it starts with liquid and ice, it cuts the ice like butter, no kidding. You turn it upside down, screw off the blade top, rinse it off and go. It's that quick. There is no better, faster smoothie system out there. And although it's not included in this kit, you can get a lid from the cuisinart website that will fit the chopper cup that does not have a hole in it, so it seals it completely. Also, when you first use it please note that the cup should slide into the blender slot. I smashed it down, it jammed and I had a terrible mess. I learned to twist it gently back and forth a little till it dropped down on it's own. Don't force it. I have had this system for about 2 years, and nothing compares to its quickness and ease of use and cleaning. But you have to baby it a little with the tips mentioned below.
1. Make sure there is liquid in the cup around the ice and that the ice is put into the cup last so that when you put the blade on and turn it upside down the ice is closest to the blades.
2. Don't force the cup down into the blender. Twist back and forth until it falls down naturally with gravity.
3. When crushing ice, pulse first and make sure there is liquid around the ice cubes. If the blade doesn't start right away, stop, shake or clear ice out of top before pulsing again.
4. It helps to steady the machine when blending with your hand on top of the cup. It is so powerful, the vibrations are crazy.
5. Use a sigg water bottle or baby bottle brush to clean the cups if necessary.
6. Remember you can order a chopper cup lid with no holes in it from the cuisinart website for about $6.

Good luck with your decision. I love mine.
33 comments| 390 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2017
Its a good little blender but not the most powerful. Definitely needs a little extra liquid to help make a smooth blend. And its rather noisy but it gets the job done! The one piece that does not work well is the little food chopper - it couldn't even manage to chop an onion well. But since I didn't buy this for the chopper, I can live with that not working!
on June 30, 2017
Love it! I bought it about 6 weeks ago and have used it almost daily since receiving it - frequently more than once per day. I originally chose it because my old smoothie maker from GNC finally bit the dust. I was mostly interested in the ability to make my individual protein shakes in the blend-and-go cups. However, now that I have the Cuisinart, I have also been using the larger blender container to make smoothies for my kids (since I'm making more than 1 serving at a time of those.) So this blender has basically replaced 2 appliances for me - in a fraction of the counter space and yet it offers incredible power. Much more powerful than both of my previous appliances. Smoothies & protein shakes are done in a matter of seconds - not minutes. The nut chopper is just a bonus - I've used it a few times to chop up flax seed and/or almonds or other nuts. Again, very powerful & convenient. I own other Cuisinart appliances - so quality was not a question. It's just nice to be able to get even more use out of a product than you expect - as is the case for me. Overall, this has been a very good purchase. Very pleased. Happy shopping. :-)
on November 10, 2013
This blender arrived with a missing part, a stopper/pourer that fits into the lid cover. Amazon help was quick to reply to my inquiry, but they do not ship individual parts and offered to ship a whole new blender or give me a discount for the missing part. As returning the blender involved a lot of rigamarole and the blender was functional as-is, I chose to keep the blender and buy the missing part from the vendor (the refund covered it) or just do without it. The blender seems to work o.k., but I am concerned about a burning smell that you get if you keep it on for any length of time. I suspect that the motor is not going to last very long. I was surprised to learn that amazon doesn't ship missing parts and that you have to return the item for a new one or take a discount for the missing item. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy a more expensive highly rated blender.

Update: The motor continued to give off a slightly burning smell and then it stopped working. I contacted amazon and am returning it. I'd change this to a 1-star review, and that is only because of amazon's good return policies.
on June 4, 2017
Great little blender. Easy to clean and much lighter weight than my older model (which still works wonderfully, but is glass and HEAVY). I love the variety of cups included and the smaller chopper attachment. Very convenient now that I am learning to make smoothies. It would be nice if an additional closed lid were provided. The travel cups all have the sippy lid (the one closed lid that fits the chopper also fits the travel cups). Its ability to crush ice is impressive. Now I've just got to learn in which order to best blend my ingredients. I don't like to follow recipes, i prefer to learn by trial and error. There is apparently an art to smoothie making. Maybe it's just a method. Unlike relationships, I don't believe the law of attraction is at play here.
on October 21, 2014
It started out great, but the motor only lasted 5 months. Used daily to mix a slimfast shake, plus about a dozen smoothies in 5 months. After 4 months the motor began alternating between speeding up and slowing down. Now it does it even if there's nothing in the cup. With milk and shake powder it runs briefly (~10 seconds) and then all of the lights start blinking. It's not really worth the hassle and expense of shipping it to Cuisinart for warranty work.

Update: It appears that the problem is with the 4-bladed base, not the motor. The motor runs full speed if I depress the safety switch manually with no cup in it. I ran it with an empty cup and it sped up and slowed down. When I removed the base the nut in the center was too hot to touch. I dug out the 2-bladed chopping base and it runs with no problem. So I disassembled the 4-bladed base, cleaned and reseated the parts, and it's running fine again. We'll see how long that lasts.
on October 18, 2016
We enjoy smoothies and milkshakes at our house. We have been using this blender nearly every day since the beginning of July when I bought it. Our old blender burned out from my son trying to blend something too thick so I bought this as a replacement.

I am happy with this purchase. The motor is strong and the plastic is sturdy. No cracks and easy to clean. I rinse off the blades after each use, before it dries. Simple to put in the dishwasher and then go about my busy day. It only takes about 30 seconds of blending to get my smoothies blended well. The thing I like about this set, as opposed to my old one, is the lids to go on the top of the cups. The small drinking opening is good for thinner drinks and is perfect for using a straw in for thicker drinks and to help prevent spills for my children. Having the option to make a larger batch in the pitcher is great as well. I only had the smaller option with my old blender set. The large pitcher is equivalent to about two of the tall blender cups.

The only thing that I find tricky, is that the clear top piece that is inserted into the black top piece of the blender is a bit difficult to use. You have to fit it in and then turn to lock it into place. It doesn't turn easily. Then you have to remove it for cleaning and reverse the process, which is still difficult to turn.

That being the only negative that I have encountered, I am very satisfied with my purchase.
on August 23, 2013
Had it for a few weeks. Use it to make baby food. The major issue that I have with it is that it always smells like burning rubber after a few seconds of running. I'm so concerned that the motor will burn out that I mainly just run it at "pulse" and "low" and will only move to the high setting for a few seconds at the very end.

*Update December 23, 2013*

I have used the blender for a few months now. It's still holding up and the smoky, burnt rubber scent has dissipated somewhat. The scent still comes about when the machine is run on high. I agree with other reviewers that the high setting is rough on the ears. I try to cover my ears and definitely keep the child away from the kitchen when it's running. Ear plugs would not be a bad idea. A bottle brush is key for easier cleaning; proper cleaning requires taking out the rubber ring on the cap portion of the blender - I do this with with a sharp knife, and this has generally not be a problem. While not perfect, for my purposes, this small sized blender works fine, and the upkeep is minimal.
on March 14, 2014
Updated. I've been using this product regularly for several weeks, and while there's still an ozone smell and occasional "panic attacks" (despite carefully using it) it's held up well so far.

I never try to grind ice, I make sure there's plenty of liquid around frozen fruit and pulse first, etc. as suggested. I've made smoothies (with frozen fruit), ground flax seeds, whipped up bean dip, churned almonds into butter and more. Very easy to use and clean. Moving up to 5 stars, but will revise if it conks out.

---------

Quality issues: Ozone smell when in use. "Panic" lights came on and unit stopped working. Left it unplugged overnight, and it worked the next day. All this is of concern. Otherwise, appliance works well so far.

Loud but apparently all in this category are. Will consider upgrading review unless it conks out soon. If it does die, I would lower rating. I've used it to make smoothies with frozen fruit--not ice--and carefully followed directions.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.