Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,429 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,539 reviews
on May 11, 2013
So, I love this. I wore a Presto one out-after 1.5 years of 3-5 times a week use. With the Presto one-the lid cracked after about 6 months-I just sort of rigged it to make it okay. The Presto plastic got so hot and almost felt a little melted after every use.

Anyway- I almost didn't buy this because of all the "OMG!! It the hot air makes the popcorn fly everywhere!!!"-thank goodness I ignored those reviews (no offense to the popcorn coming out disliking people. ) Anyway-yes popcorn does come out of the shoot-becaue it is corn that "pops" when the hot air makes it hot enough-go figure. :)

Good Buy (for me at least) because-

Feels more sturdy than Presto.

Has an on/off switch (Presto is auto on when plugged in-kinda feel like its a race against time when-plugging and unplugging.

Looks better (it's out so much-it needs too-for my decorator want-to-be self)

Bad for some reviewers, I wouldn't have even noticed without the complaints, no matter its a solvable (and predictable "issue")
When popping popcorn with a hot air popper-put a bowl the size of a Kitchen Aid mixer bowl-sort of in front of it-the first few times just watch it to see where the popcorn comes out. That will catch it all-I use that-but the bowl back under the mixer-and put popcorn in a bowl for flavoring/storing. I hardly ever loose any-if you're really worried about it-but a bowl in the sink and put the popper on the edge of the sink.

I love it-glad I ignored "flying popcorn!" reviews and spent the extra $$$. If it ends up with any issues like I had with the others-I'll update because I'll feel ripped of for paying so much more.

-I have no time to write any (mother of 3 who are 4 y/o and under-plus I work) I do it because I read reviews for 100% of the many (and by many-I mean many-UPS guy knows my family-and we had him over to watch the Super Bowl!) Sooooo if you find this helpful, please say so-otherwise I'll probably use this time to do laundry. Or sleep.
88 comments| 780 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2017
This works great! A few pieces do not pop because they pop out before the element gets hot enough. I read others said the pieces go out of the bowl, but I use a large bowl, so I haven't had that happen. I recommend this to anyone who wants popcorn but no oil. I spray the finished popcorn with a bit of water mist and then sprinkle on a vegan parmesan cheez I make using nutritional yeast. The mist makes it stick to the pieces. I highly recommend this popcorn maker!
on September 5, 2013
After buying and returning two other hot air popcorn makers, we bought this one. What a difference. It's quiet, pops all of the kernals and the lid is easy to put on and take off.
on October 18, 2014
OH, WOW...Another great product from Cuisinart...no more microwave popcorn.
I do NOT use the cup for melting butter or oil.
I want to keep the whole unit looking nice.
Here is our favorite recipe for homemade kettle corn:
1.melt 3 sticks of Salted butter on the stove
2.add 1 cup brown sugar. (we use Billington's brown sugar from Amazon)
Bring to a boil and then let this simmer for several minutes on very low heat.
It will thicken over the time you are popping your corn.
3. Pop 3 poppers of popcorn in a large bowl... as each one finishes, dump it into a very large bowl and check for kernels that did not pop.... this step really helps!
4. Pour the thickened butter mix over the popped corn and stir. And stir.
And stir... and ENJOY... Thanks, Cuisinart!
VINE VOICEon January 5, 2014
My wife bought me a Cuisinart (CPM-100 Series) Easy Pop Hot Air Popcorn Maker for Christmas. She knows I love popcorn, but always says my popcorn smells like dirty socks when I use those little bags in the microwave. Likewise, the amount of salt, fake butter and oil in those things add calories and stuff we would all be better off not eating.

The Cuisinart Popcorn maker is easy to set up and use. As recommended in the instructions, after unpacking it, I used a damp cloth to clean out the popcorn well just in case it had any dust from assembly or storage in the warehouse.

This summer I bought some popping corn from the Boy Scouts and finally got the chance to use it. I used the plastic ½ Cup Butter Warming/Measuring Cup that fits in the top of the device to measure out the popcorn and place it in the popcorn well.

Next, I placed a 4 quart bowl under the Popping Chute, plugged in Popcorn Maker, turned on the device and waited until all the popcorn was popped and in the bowl.

Following the instructions, I shut the popper switch off and unplugged the device.

The popcorn was perfectly cooked and tasted delicious with just a bit of sea salt for seasoning.

When my wife and I finished off the popcorn and the device had cooled, I placed the dishwasher safe Popping Chute, Measuring Cup and 4 quart bowl in the dishwasher in preparation for the next use.

This attractive red and black popper is a perfect gift for me. I will get a lot of miles out of it. It is a big hit with my wife too. The oil free popcorn was delicious, cleanup was easy and best of all, my wife is happy that it does not leave a smelly socks or burnt odor in her kitchen.

My best guess is that popcorn junkies like me will also love this popper.

Enjoy!
on February 18, 2016
This is a great air popcorn machine overall with a compact footprint. A removable hood that's dishwasher safe and an integrated measuring / butter melting cup are both smart design decisions which make cleanup even quicker than it already would have been. It may be just the way air popped corn is, but we've noticed the kernels produced are a bit of a tougher chew than the microwave variety (we've tried white and yellow so far).

Pros:
- Small footprint
- Attractive design & color (red)
- Smartly designed with removable hood and integrated measuring/butter cup

Cons:
- A bit loud, but it's only on for a few minutes so not a big deal unless you have a baby or others sleeping nearby
- A few un-popped kernels tend to get launched during initial phase, followed by a few popped ones toward the end
on January 1, 2017
I've been on the hunt for a replacement popper for an old Westbend I've had for years. This is the third popper I've tried and NONE of them make crispy popcorn like the old one. Maybe I need to try a thrift store for an old one. Perhaps if I had never had an old one that made great crispy popcorn I wouldn't be having this issue with finding one...but alas!
on December 29, 2013
Bought it for my daughter, reading the ratings I went with this one. She was surprised it wasn't the one we had, I explained why, since then (12-11-13) she has decided that her's is better then the one we have!!! Very HAPPY , no kernnels left, kids LOVE watching it POP. We will go with this one next time for sure.
on April 13, 2017
I am very picky about my popcorn popper & I wanted an on/off switch...This Popper is Perfect!! It pops perfect popcorn & it looks so classy on my counter! I think this one will be with us for a long time!!!
on August 7, 2017
bought this for my kids who are popcorn fanatics. It's very easy to use and the kids love to watch the whole thing work. I also like using kernels and not using the microwave. However, the spout might be a little short or narrow because every time there ends up being a lot of popcorn on the counter/floor from the popping. There's enough popcorn on the floor when we eat, I wish this would make at least the popping part cleaner!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.