Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,272 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,386 reviews
on October 26, 2013
I have actually been looking for a toaster for years, but the reviews of all of the toasters were so bad I just kept my old toaster that wouldn't pop up by itself. Finally I gave in and bought this one even though there are some bad reviews and I am very happy with it. While the toast is not perfectly colored the same on both sides with thinner slices, both sides get nicely dried to a toast crispiness and a really good toast flavor.

There are features I love about this toaster that offset the imperfect coloration to me. I did tests with the dials to set the color and the higher I set the dials the darker the toast turned out on both sides, as they should. I love the fact that I can pull the handles up higher to get out smaller pieces of toast as I often toast French bread. I love the reheat function as I can make the toast, then push it back down and hit reheat while I am dishing up the eggs and by the time I have plated the eggs the toast is back up and ready without burning or browning too much. I love the cancel button so I can pop the toast back up if I realize I didn't set the color the way I wanted or some other reason. I haven't used the bagel setting yet, but I like that it is there.

I have had this toaster for a month now, use it all the time, and am very pleased with it.
11 comment| 338 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2015
The toaster is now toast. We can ponder on the philosophical implications of that statement. This happened 10 months after purchase. The warranty is for 3 years. You need to send back the toaster and $10 and they may repair and/or replace. I would like to see them try to repair this. Thankfully the house did not go up in flames.
review image
11 comment| 208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This basic white toaster has all the features I want. Bagel? Check! Defrost? Check! Reheat? Check! Toast? Well, of course. And if I needed it, I could get this in a four slice model, but for our two-person office, we only need a small unit. I keep a toaster and a microwave in our break room, which is basically a small kitchen table in the back room. The utilitarian look works fine with our equally basic white microwave and is just what I wanted.

Update: I liked this toaster so much, I am banishing my old one to the office and using this at home. It really works well. I love the "cancel" button right below all the others--right up front when you need to prevent toast from burning. Slots are wide enough for homemade bread, sliced thick. This is really a terrific, no frills but totally functional toaster. The only issue I find is that the "dark" setting isn't all that dark on English muffins. However, I've had it for quite some time and I like the compact size and simple-to-use controls.
33 comments| 397 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
This is our second unit. We wore out the first one over the last 7 years. This newer version yields even toasting on all items, thin or thick. From bagels to bread and everything inbetween, we've been very satisfied with the unit. Amazon had the best price which is why we purchased from them.
0Comment| 274 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2016
Defective auto off is not working!! It burned the breads and it is smoking when I use it.
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 4, 2016
I mainly bought this toaster because I trust this brand. And I'm happy to say that it's the best toaster I've owned so far. It's not entirely perfect as it doesn't evenly toast both sides exactly the same, and sometimes it can be hard to figure out the right toasting levels, but these aren't deal breakers for me. I've had it for about a year now so I've had plenty of time to figure out the toasting levels and times. I also like that the bread slots are fairly wide so I can fit large bagels in it and not worry about it getting stuck. It's also a fairly quick toaster. With other toasters, it feels like I'm literally pacing back and forth waiting for it to finish. This one gets hot quick. And there's no annoying ring when it's done. It just simply pops up. Overall this has been a great buy. I use it often and it works great.
on May 2, 2017
Downsized my home and replaced my old 4-slice stainless Cuisinart toaster with the slimline white one to match the appliances (and space limitations) in the new house. I realize I went from metal to plastic, but was still surprised at the difference in quality between the two toasters. The lever is so lightweight it doesn't always latch when you push it down - you kind of have to shove it in order to make it click or it just pops right back up. The old stainless had the wide slots and I forgot just how narrow regular ones are. Nothing but the thinnest slice of bread fits in this one. The old stainless toaster held up under heavy use for about 7 years. I suspect this one will be replaced within the year. There's just not much to it. It's a shame that you have to get stainless to get quality when you don't want the stainless look. On the bright side, the slimline does take up much less counterspace, which was my goal. It's just that after using it, I'm willing to sacrifice a little more space to get a better toaster.
on March 12, 2017
I want this toaster to be the perfect toaster so bad, I bought it twice!. It looks great, it's cool to the touch, it's easy to clean, and it looks great on my counter top-that's the two stars. The End!

Regardless of which setting you select, there are only failed outcomes when the bread pops up: you get either all charcoal or all warm bread; or one side is mildly toasted and the other side is barely warm. On occasion, the first cycle of toasting gives you nothing and if you use it immediately again, the second cycle gives you charcoal. The bottom line, it's so inconsistent, that you have to tend the toast until you get what you may want.

Several years ago, I purchased the CPT-120 and conducted an extensive review. After having the kitchen recently remodeled, I decided to give it's updated version a test. It failed miserably. Good thing we are having a garage sale.
on December 27, 2014
I bought this for my daughter, who is furnishing her first apartment. She is a toast fanatic, so I was careful in my selection.

She has been delighted with this toaster, in fact preferring it to mine, which cost at least twice as much. Unlike my toaster, this one toast evenly on both sides consistently. It's faster and easier to use the dial to adjust the toasting level than it is to press digital buttons, which so many models have these days. And the slots on this toaster are a great size, accommodating bagel halves and toasting most kinds of bread slices right up to the top, even if they are slightly oversized. Also important – it is compact and does not take up too much of the counterspace in an apartment sized kitchen.
on December 1, 2013
This toaster was attractive to me because of its compact design and features. It was much smaller than the Waring we also considered. Unfortunately it lasted all of 6 weeks (just long enough for the Amazon return period to expire), then the left side stopped working. In addition, I make homemade bread, which is heartier than typical store-bought bread, and the toaster just doesn't try hard enough. I have to crank it all the way up to 7, AND turn on both "bagel" and "defrost" to get it to toast my bread, and even then it doesn't quite cut the mustard.

So... nice design, execution needs some help.