Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 550 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 853 reviews
on May 20, 2016
 Despite glowing reviews, I offer a contrarian view .... It boils over and makes a huge mess, which is precisely what we hoped to avoid when we bought a rice cooker. Our water is soft, so I tried bottled water. No effect. I thoroughly washed the rice before cooking it. No effect. Followed the directions to the letter. No effect. My advice: my the largest size even if you're only cooking 1 cup of rice. Perhaps the extra head space will make a difference.
44 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2014
This rice cooker is excellent. For my first dinner -- I cooked rice, broccoli, salmon, and two eggs. I put one egg directly in with the rice, and I placed the second egg in the steamer with the broccoli. Since I filled the steamer basket up with broccoli & an egg, I only had room for a very tiny tiny piece of salmon but I put that in the steamer basket too. As for the rice, I used two cups (measured with the cup that came with the rice cooker), and I filled it up with water to the line that read 2 inside the rice cooker. I must say, I am really impressed with this rice cooker. My dinner turned out great, and it was ready in about 21 minutes flat. Now I have to think of other things that I can cook with it. As for the clean up, it was very easy. I rinsed everything in warm water, and then washed everything in hot soapy water. As a side note, I had NO ISSUES with boil over or anything like that, but I did use the steamer. And finally, my two eggs were 'steam boiled' perfectly. I am very pleased with my purchase, and the trusted Cuisinart name. KennyG in Seattle
on August 6, 2016
I hate making rice - I only occasionally get it exactly the way I want - usually too wet, or overcooked, or dry.
This has been perfect for me. Don't know about the issues related to self-altering the ratios or adding covers, but I was pretty happy with the outcome. The rice was perfect (I did 3 cups dry long grain) and worked very well. It does sputter out the top a bit during some of the cooking that got on the counter, but I can live with that - just need to remember to put out some paper towels just in case. I'm very pleased.
on January 8, 2017
Though many are unsatisfied with this product, it suits my needs. To prevent overflow, like others, I place the stream basket on top. Compact and stylish. It did overcook my broccoli with brown rice, but brown rice seems to take longer than white rice. Cooks quickly too. Ended up with under cooked sweet yams, but kind of expected that. Had to try though, lol. I Dill really like the product, but might not use the steamer as much... still messing around with it.
on May 20, 2017
The water even at below the recommended level tends to overflow. It's a messy situation. Appearances are deceiving.
on July 2, 2017
This is a dandy little rice cooker! ❤ It's size is perfect for a small space in the cabinet and /or on the counter top. Lightweight and easy to use this product is simply convenient all the way around. The container and lid is dishwasher safe. I would recommend it highly! ❤
on December 30, 2015
Worked well when it did work. Did not last 6months. It gave up the ghost in October 2015. I used it for steaming veggies twice a day and rice at least once a day. Would I purchase this product again?? Yes but not from this supplier. Would I recommend this product? Yes. Maybe mine was defected. I gave my daughter one of these that I have been using for over a year. Her's still works, so as I said maybe what I was sent was defected but I will not take the chance to purchase another one from this seller. But that's just my two cents. It really is a very compacted device.
on April 23, 2016
This little steamer is perfect for the two of us. The first cooked rice came out perfect. It gets a little messy around the steam vent and it tends
to spit out the "ricey" water but the rice was great. Can't wait to try putting vegetables in steamer basket while cook rice.
on June 21, 2016
I love this little thing! I cook rice in it nearly every day but haven't tried anything else. There were several comments in other reviews that it bubbled over when making rice. Resolve this by using the steamer attachment - put it on so that it's sitting atop the cooker as you would if you were steaming something. The bubbles then just come up to the bottom of the steamer attachment and stay within. Yes that means there's one more item to clean - but just stick it in your dishwasher.... Everything goes in the dishwasher (top shelf) except the electric appliance its'elf. This is a perfect size for me - I cook for two.
on May 8, 2012
Tried it out 30 minutes after it arrived and it worked great and cooked the long grain, wild rice I made perfectly. I added a little olive oil and had no splattering as others seem to have reported. It is a quality rice cooker and looks great too. Perfect size for me. Also, people have complained after the tefflon coating scrapping off. My brother has had this exact model for over 3 years and hasn't had a bit of problems with the non-stick coating becoming scratched. He does however use only the spoon that came with the unit when stirring the rice or taking it out of the cooker. NEVER USE METAL utensils on these types of surfaces because it can, and will eventually,scratch it and then it will peal off. Also wash it in the kitchen sink instead of a dishwasher. Very easy to do especially since nothing really sticks to it so hot, soapy water and a sponge or dish rag will clean it in seconds. I will be using this probably 2 times a week since I love all types of rice and am trying to eat healthier. Good luck in your purchase of this item and I don't think you'll be sorry!