Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cuisinart CRR-158 Folding Rib Rack
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on November 23, 2012
I bought this in hopes of being able to smoke more ribs at one time. After reading the reviewsI was sold on this model because it folds and should be easy to store. That unfortunately was about the only positive for this rib rack. The problems arose when I tried to use this for four racks of St. Louis Style Ribs.
Problem one- Spacing is too tight for St. Louis Style, so I can imagine that full size is out of the question. Maybe Cuisinart is in to Baby backs.
Problem 2- Raised portion for support of ribs is in the cente so the ends of your rack of ribs just flops and sad to say will touch each other. This totally defeats the benefit of a rib rack- Proper and complete air flow between multiple racks of ribs in less space.

I used this once and doubt if I will use it again.
on January 31, 2013
It really can't handle spare ribs all that well. Maybe if you St. Louis style cut all of your spares first it may work. I generally like to smoke the whole spare. It's okay, but definitely flimsy. I have since replaced it, with a more expensive, very strong and sturdy large rib rack that I picked up at Sam's Club and love...
on July 7, 2012
Purchased this rib rack this year and have used it twice with great results. I like the price, the design, supports ribs up right allowing cooking on both sides at the same time, folds for storage and cleans up easily.
on March 21, 2014
The rack works pretty good and better when you don't use full racks on each slat. I have a 3 burner weber so if I'm doing more than two racks I like to use this. Or if I'm seasoning portions of the ribs for picky eaters, I will cut the ribs in half to separate them. I've only had success with baby back or smaller ribs on this. I've tried some of the larger pork ribs and the dividers just can't handle it. It is a pain to clean but if you soak it a while it helps.
on March 21, 2012
Fall-off-the-bone ribs---without the char!!! This rack kept my ribs off of the grill and cooked evenly. The folding-feature makes it easy to store in the cupboard with my other pots and pans. Now I can let my drunk uncle man the grill, without fear that he will drop the ribs all over the coals. Probably won't help him keep the sauce from getting all over his face, but it is a step in the right direction. Mission accomplished. Ribs just got a whole lot easier to grill. GREAT PRODUCT.
on July 8, 2013
I have a medium sized Big Green Egg that I use for smoking. The grill is 14 inches in diameter and can be tight if I need to do two racks of ribs. If I cut a normal rack of ribs in half, the resulting meat is too short to fit in a combination roast holder/rib rack. The reason the Cuisinart works is that it has the two metal supports that run the length of the rack. That adds support for the meat in the middle, not just the edges. Short racks of three to four ribs will be easily supported in this device allowing me to do at least two full racks of St. Louis cut or baby back ribs.

The rack folds down for easy storage and is made from stainless steel. I spray the rack with an aerosol oil before I start cooking, then soak it in soapy water for an hour after a cook.

I have used this rack with baby backs, and they're pretty jammed in the rack and a bit hard to get out when they need to be sauced or checked for doneness. As usual, my ribs came out as tender as can be, but when this rack is filled, I needed to make sure that the racks of ribs were separated enough to allow the smoke to fully saturate the meat. With this rack, they tend to flop into each other.

ADDENDUM: After using this product a few times, I want to add that this is not an easy rack to clean. I've taken to soaking mine overnight to loosen all of the baked-on debris. Using a plastic mesh ball on this will pretty much pull the ball apart as it gets caught on the edges and ends of the rack, and it's easy to dislodge the moveable handles on the end which then have to be reinserted into the holder. Sadly, I'm still on the lookout for a rack I can use in my medium Big Green Egg.
on January 15, 2015
i bought these for my electric smoker. I've only used them once. I've decided they just weren't what i needed and therefore i never used them again. i also do full rack of rib and don't trim to a st. Louis or baby back size. as for the company that sold them - no issues.
on June 4, 2012
Finally, a way to perfectly cook some delicious ribs! And by some, I mean enough for me and my friends, which is saying something. The rib rack is intuitive in usage, cleans and stores easily, and ensures proper cooking of your meat, with plenty of room for multiple racks. Good product!
on June 1, 2015
I just want to echo the negative reviews. The folding feature is great for storage, but not for actually using the rack. The vertical separators are weak, and fold over under the weight of the ribs. If you buy this, be prepared to burn yourself while repositioning ribs which have fallen over.
on June 9, 2015
This "rib rack" does not hold ribs. The ribs would fall over onto each other and overall wouldn't stay up. The metal bars kept falling over. After delicately placing the ribs on this rack, and separating them with toothpicks, so they weren't touching, I tired to pick up the rack and the handles fell off. Horrible product!