Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Brushed Chrome
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on August 18, 2012
I agree with another review for this product (by Nosewiper on July 21, 2011).
The motor is very good, the blades are as well, but the piece that connects the two parts is a cheap plastic that when overheats, makes the entire thing worthless.

I purchased this item on May 21, 2012 and used it 3 - 4 times.
Tried to use it today and the blades no longer turn because the plastic piece no longer works as designed.
review image
on October 8, 2012
I ironically posted a very favorable review just a few days ago...but, this morning I was using the blender to make a smoothie and had the (brilliant, I thought) idea to throw a few dried blueberries in it. Well the blueberries jammed the blade and stripped out the cheap cheap cheap plastic gears, making the blender totally useless. Blueberries!!!???

Shame on you, Cuisinart! I will never buy another one of your products.

I am now researching better immersion blenders. I believe I will purchase the Milallegro 9090 (about $70 on Amazon)...apparently it is recommended by Consumer Reports.

I was stupid to waste my money on Cusinart's "Smart Stick"!
on October 3, 2007
This replaces a similar Braun product that I used regularly. I'd have given this all five stars but I miss the wall mount that made the Braun so handy. Rolling up the cord and sticking it in a drawer is no great chore, but after the convenience of pulling it off the wall with just enough cord to stay out of the way of other things on the countertop spoiled me. My regular use of a hand mixer like this makes me really want it ready to grab. I wouldn't mind buying a mount if it were available as an option. Now I'll have to rig something up.

One thing I do like over the Braun is that the mixing part of the device comes off and away from the motor portion for easy washing.

I'd say "Buy it."
on January 23, 2008
This was a great product while it lasted. I made tons of smoothies with and and it was easy to clean. However, in about 3 months it died. It's not so expensive to replace, but the overall construction (particularly where the motor connects to the blade shaft) is somewhat shoddy.
on November 27, 2007
This is my second hand blender; the first was a two-speed Oster, and it worked fine but was kind of a mess. It spattered a lot while running, it made a lot of noise, and it took a while to really get things done.

This one is about as basic as it gets. One speed, no whisks or other attachments, just a one-speed hand blender. And this thing does the job. It's very quiet, very powerful, and is very clean -- it doesn't spatter very much. After my last one I just assumed they all did. I made a salad dressing out of persimmon and whole garlic cloves and oil and whatnot in the plastic cup the blender comes with, and I had it full past the markings and it didn't overflow at all. And it really liquefied everything to a perfectly smooth puree. My last hand blender, the results were always kind of so-so compared to using my real stand blender, but this one is just as good. Plus, so much easier to clean!

The only reason I considered giving it four stars instead of five is that it's not actually "brushed chrome," it's plastic that has been spray-painted silver, and so looks kind of cheap. But it *is* cheap, and yet works really well, and I decided I'm not *quite* shallow enough to dock it a star for its paint.
on August 15, 2006
Just got my blender yesterday and made spaghetti sauce with it today. I usually use canned plum tomato and crush with the stick blender before cooking. My old sunbeam broke the other day and I ordered this one last week. It came surprisingly fast (not even one week since ordering). When I first looked at it, I was skeptical because it only has one speed but...wow. This one speeds more than beats the higher speed on my old one and the fact I can take this one apart and put it in the dishwasher is a big plus, although it seems easy enough to clean in the sink. Can't wait to use it for my protein shake.
on October 24, 2010
I was enamored with the Cuisinart Smart Stick when I first got it. The power and ease to puree soups was wonderful! I used it only occasionally, probably no more than two dozen times over the past 1-1/2 years. Now, the blade doesn't turn and it makes a high-pitched sound. It must have the same problem other reviewers have mentioned...the plastic pieces have failed. I am disappointed. The partial refund from Amazon would do little more than cover the cost of return shipment. Guess it's time to look for a different brand!
on August 16, 2013
Originally I would have given this product 5 stars. It is wonderful for soups, sauces, mayonnaise making etc etc etc. This was the second one I have had, the first died from too rigorous use for which I do not blame cuisineart.

The second one today just split in two where the metal blades are, such that the metal blade broke off in my tomato sauce. Had I not checked the bottom of the attachment after pureeing, I may have had a blade in my sauce someone may have accidentally chewed. While I can appreciate many flaws in design, this should never happen and could be a very dangerous failure of the appliance.

I will upload a picture.
review image
VINE VOICEon June 26, 2007
But actually it was a grey/silver plastic. The weakest point on one of these hand held mixers is where the motor and blade snap together, and that part is plastic. Perhaps one has to buy the food service version of this to get that part made of stainless.
on June 27, 2007
It is OK. But if you don't have a substantial amount of stuff to blend, it is not too efficient.
If you are looking for a hand blender for baby food (small quantities) - I previously had a 300W Braun which was better.