Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 60 reviews
on September 8, 2006
Bought this after looking at quite a lot of other options, and after reading all these reviews (thanks guys!) - $99 isn't necessarily cheap for a slow cooker.

The retractable cord is a great idea, makes the cooker a little more counter friendly and storage that much simpler (not having to wrap the cord around the cooker or stick it in the pot for storage).

This and the rectangular shape does make storage a lot easier - somehow round pots just don't seem to be as packable & stackable as square ones.

The lid seems under done - given the heft of the rest of the unit, it's not perfectly fitted to the pot, so you lose more steam than I'd like.

The pot is heavy, I can see why some people have had cracking issues, you'll need to be careful with the 'hot meets cold' problem. Be patient, let the thing cool all the way before dumping it in the sink, don't add 'fridge cold' or frozen things to the pot when it's cooking.

That said, the weight of the pot means you will get a nice even temperature.

I did find that the cooker appeared to be faster than expected: I followed a couple of recipes from the book and they were obviously done before the time expected. I'll work around that by adding more water so as not to dry things out.

The steel 'box' itself is nice enough, there were a few spots on the unit that were hotter than others, which I did not expect (as in, warm Vs. ouch!) but then again, I don't suppose you're meant to be moving the thing around when it's in use...
on March 21, 2007
Retail price on this unit is $149, Amazon price was $99. Rival cooker with bells and whistles is less than $50. Question I had to answer is "is this worth the extra $50 - $100?". I gave the unit as a gift to my daughter. She loves it. She says it doesn't get hot on the outside so children don't get burned. It doesn't over cook like many units. The low temperature is really a low temperature. She loves the feature that keeps the food warm when it reaches the designated time. To her the Cuisinart was worth the cost difference.
on November 17, 2010
The CSC-650 was what I thought I was ordering, what I got was the PSC-650... The unit is easy and intuitive to use.
Most disappointing is how the lid doesn't really fit the crock. It doesn't fully rest on the rim of the crock, so there are gaps down the long sides of the oval - it is not retaining all of the moisture it should.

The lousy fitting lid pretty well precludes pork roasts, being leaner meat they just dry out. It's very disappointing when a respected name ends up on a poor quality product.
on October 4, 2006
I researched a lot before buying this slow cooker. I have a Nesco roaster that I love and use often. I needed a large slow cooker. I started researching. Started out with the all clad but everyone said it got really hot. I wanted a good one. The Cuisinart had good ratings elsewhere and I thought well even it cooks faster that is fine. I will just watch it until I get used to it and go from there. Every dish I have watched..they all cooked in LESS than half the allotted time. Today I made a crock pot mac and cheese casserole and it burned within ONE HOUR. Way too hot. I called Cuisinart several times and they said I may have a defective unit. Well I doubt it. I just think it runs hot. I really was dismayed because I love the size and the design of this cooker. Really was not up to par with Cuisinart products that I know and love.

Let me also say that I am a good cook. I feel that I know my way around any appliance. I was not happy that I was not going to be able to leave this cooker all day but I was ok to give it a try. It is not at all what I expected. I read the other reviews here and wish I would have taken heed of them. I had read good reviews elsewhere and saw two articles in magazines on this cooker being the best.

If you are going to spend 100 bucks on a slow cooker, stop, get one of the higher end rival ones with a timer and then get a nesco roaster. You can cook anything all summer without heating up your kitchen.
on November 29, 2012
I bought this for my husband as a gift. He was very excited. The first time he used the machine, it burned the food to a crisp and dried up all of the liquid while it was on the low setting. We were lucky it did not start a fire.
on April 17, 2008
I was excited when I bought this item. It looked wonderful! However, it boils/burns everything. Forget leaving it on if you leave the house. And, Cuisinart Customer Service is impossible to deal with. Now they're telling me I can box it up and send it back for a replacement. Do I really want another one? NO!! Would rate it zero stars if I could.