Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,307 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,375 reviews
on January 7, 2016
I have a lot of Cuisinart products and have great faith in their products so I didn't even research these strainers before I purchased them. When they arrived, they seemed of high quality and I was happy with them so I put them in the cabinet and moved on. A few months later when I went to use the large one for some vegetables, the handle just snapped right off. There wasn't anymore weight than what a strainer should be able to handle so I was very put off. The spot welds that Cuisinart used must be of poor quality because after one use they just gave out.
review image
22 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2017
Good quality metal mesh strainers in three different sizes. I use the small one for dissolving ingredients in soup, like miso paste. The largest one I use for washing off vegetables or draining a serving of pasta. Admittedly, the medium sized strainer doesn't get a lot of use because it always seems to be too big or too small for whatever I'm doing. No signs of rust. The metal handles hold up and haven't bent. Each strainer has a single hook at the top which is really only useful for hanging them I have a cheap plastic frame strainer from Walmart with a better design; there are a series of hooks angled down 90-degrees which allow the strainer to securely be placed on top of a pot or sauce pan. It's surprisingly useful at times.
on October 7, 2016
These are great, multi-purpose strainers. They work as intended and can actually hold quite a bit of weight. We use them for straining honey, which is quite heavy (especially with the wax). Additionally, we use the smaller one for canning fruit, namely fishing them out of the pot after blanching them to loosen skins. I'm certain they can be used for a number of uses, from straining pasta, loose-leaf tea, herbs out of herb-infused oils, etc.

Cuisinart is a nice brand fo the basics and doesn't disappoint. These are well made with thick stainless steel which should last. There has been no rusting yet of the mesh, which is an issue I've run into in the past with cheaper mesh strainers.

Overall, I'd recommend these. They're nice quality and should hold up through many years of use.
I use these quite a bit. The tiny one is great for shaking some powdered sugar over french toast and such. The middle size is perfect for rinsing off some berries. And I use the large one for rinsing my Jasmine Rice. I also sometimes use it for straining pasta (especially Orzo!)
I'm quite pleased with the quality of these strainers. I really appreciate they stack and can be hung up- out of the way.
on December 27, 2016
These are great! The sizes are versatile enough that I have a strainer for pretty much anything I'd need to do. The wire mesh is somewhat malleable (and not perfectly spherical), so if you want a very rigid (more like a colander) kind of deal, this isn't it. In fact, I was slightly worried that I might break the strainer since I used once recently to wring water out of shredded potato. Basically, I pressed the potato against the bottom of the strainer, which wrung out a lot of the water. This worked nicely since the mesh is slightly flexible, but still very solid. To my delight, it did not break.

The strainers also look very nice, if that's something you care about; personally, I always feel a little happier when I'm cooking with tools with a simple design that is pleasing to the eye. At any rate, I would definitely recommend these, especially at the price point.
on September 5, 2016
I have a wonderful stainless steel strainer but I wanted a smaller one to rinse one serving of blueberries (which I have almost every day with plain Greek yogurt) instead of using the large one. In perusing Amazon, I found that this set of three was the best value. I use the middle one for rinsing the blueberries. These strainers are very high quality (what you would expect from Cuisinart) and suitable for all draining where fine mesh is needed to ensure that only the liquid goes through With the handle on one end and a small extension on the other, they are also great for suspending over a pot. I'm trying to figure out a creative way to store these strainers -- which can be hung from either end.
on May 13, 2016
Very high quality sieves. I use the medium size the most, especially for rinsing and draining quinoa. The holes in most strainers are so big that when you rinse the quinoa, half the grains go down the drain. The mesh of these sieves is fine enough (actually a double layer of mesh) that the uncooked quinoa grains don't fall through. I used the small one today for draining the water off from steeped ginger, but there's lots of other uses.
on May 25, 2015
Was a little disappointed in the quality of the large strainer. I expected better from Cuisinart. The large one is flimsy, the handle does not seem sturdy at all. The mesh looks cheap and arrived with a slight "hole", definitely what I would call 'Fine Mesh'. If you need a quality strainer, spend more and get a different set.
on November 2, 2016
I purchased this set in December 2014 and the handle of the large sieve snapped of this afternoon. I'm not surprised, because one side of the handle broke off about six months after I received it- it must not have been welded that tight.

I'm back online now, looking for a new large sieve and I won't be purchasing one from Cuisinart.
on June 10, 2017
I have bought several of these sets - gave them as gifts. They are high quality, strong and worth the price. I bought a Rosle tea strainer and really liked the extra fine mesh, so later I bought Rosle stainless steel strainers that are more like these. The Rosle's are slightly sturdier (maybe could survive two tornados instead of just one), but were much more expensive and came in a similar fine mesh. If you need strainers buy these.