Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,248 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,311 reviews
on January 7, 2016
I have a lot of Cuisinart products and have great faith in their products so I didn't even research these strainers before I purchased them. When they arrived, they seemed of high quality and I was happy with them so I put them in the cabinet and moved on. A few months later when I went to use the large one for some vegetables, the handle just snapped right off. There wasn't anymore weight than what a strainer should be able to handle so I was very put off. The spot welds that Cuisinart used must be of poor quality because after one use they just gave out.
review image
22 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2015
Warning! If you are purchasing from Amazon Marketplace be aware they may be no brand aftermarket sets. I received my set a couple of days ago and notice right away they were not from Cuisinart. I should've gotten the hint when they were being shipped from China. Unfortunately for me, the cost to return them is not worth the effort. You can tell they are not from Cuisinart as there are no brands/logo on them as well as the poor craftsmanship. There are color discoloration on the back of the rim (think burnt metal) and the handles are welded together poorly. The long metal handle connected to the rim looks like it was hammered on as its flattened then welded together as there's brown burnt metal stains. The craftsmanship is completely lacking and terrible.

On the positive side, the mesh itself works well, but its still disheartening to be mislead by the product with inferior craftsmanship.
on November 16, 2015
What I got was not Cuisinart brand, not as pictured.
on June 9, 2015
review image review image
on April 18, 2016
Do not buy this strainer if you want to wash small items or grains like rice, quinoa, etc. The mesh meets the circular ring on its outside, so small grains can get stuck in there between the mesh and the ring, and become hard to remove. Unexpected DESIGN FLAW for this basic kitchen element with 4.5 stars. Take a look at some other brands at a store, and you can see how the mesh is blended with the circular ring so there is no way anything can get stuck, and u can just hit this thing couple of time on the kitchen sink to remove anything u are washing.
on August 5, 2012
I chose the Cuisinart brand for known quality.

- The stainless steel is a good quality being bright versus dull and is thick/sturdy. It appears that the mesh will not separate from the strainer rim. The handles also are well connected to the strainer rim.
- The mesh is fine enough to strain grain products such as rice and quinoa and yet sturdy enough to hold up in use and storage. My previous strainers dented and didn't retain their shape whereas these are pliable but go back to their original shape right away.
- When filled, the largest strainer feels balanced. I can hold a strainer full of berries and run water while bouncing the strainer up and down to rotate the berries under water and feel in control of the strainer. My older one felt like the strainer portion was always tipping away from me and that the handle wasn't sturdy enough to counter balance the strainer.

They say dishwasher safe however I don't intend on putting them in the dishwasher but rather I hand wash and dry since it's so quick and easy.

So far I feel as though I made an excellent choice. I'll edit this review if I find out otherwise.

Sept 2013
It is still an excellent product for the price. It remains looking like new even though I've used it daily for a year.
1111 comments| 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2013
These strainers are good quality. The mesh is thin and bendy, so don't expect these to keep their shape well or last through lots of heavy work, but they are still a well made product. They should last as long as you don't strain the mesh too much. The frames are solid and durable. Just be careful what you order them with; I ordered a book with mine, and they arrived with the book placed ON TOP of the strainers, so the largest strainer was mashed.
11 comment| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2013
Works great for fine items such as quinoa and lentils.Mine have been through the dishwasher several times and there is no rust forming.
on February 22, 2017
This was good for a year until the strainer mesh detached where it meets the ring at the top and then the welds on the handle broke. Not the greatest of quality but it is cheap so I guess you get what you pay for. If I had to do it again, and I do now that it broke, I would not buy this product.
review image review image review image
on June 26, 2016
I bought this set because I needed the size of the large one which was stated to be 7 7/8".
It is actually 6 1/8". I already had one about that size and so this was a complete waste. Also I purchased because of the Cuisinart name, which is clearly shown on the product picture on Amazon site, but not on the product.
review image