Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Cuisinart CTG-00-9STN Silicone-Tipped 9-Inch Tongs
Size: 9-Inch|Change

on October 1, 2017
I use these for "grabbing" things when cooking, either from a baking sheet or a nonstick frying pan. I'm pretty happy with these tongs. They are well made and the silicone is thick and probably will hold up for a long time if they aren't abused. The Cuisinart name makes me hope that they are probably more likely to be food safe then no-name brands, even though both are probably made in China. And the locking mechanism is both useful and elegant.

I'm not sure if the rubber on the handles or at the top locking mechanism is silicone, but I'm not sure why those parts would contact hot surfaces or food anyway. The tips are the part that matters and they are well made and heat resistant.
on July 25, 2013
There tongs, there Cuisinart, they grab things. quality is what you would expect from a name brand like Cuisinart rather than the $4 tongs you'd pick up at X-Mart, Feel sturdy, no flex, even when trying to pick up a roast or something similar. The silicone tips are nice so you don't have to worry about scratching your cookware. I'll buy the 9" version as well, so I guess there what I expected, not disappointed at all.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on March 2, 2017
Okay then. Can anyone get excited over a pair of tongs? Well, yes! These are fantastic. It's like having an extension of your hands or fingers. Wish I has known about these years ago. Love them, really, love them! :-)
2 helpful votes
on May 18, 2013
I'm a little disappointed with this product because the silicone coating is slightly longer than the metal part, so they don't give a solid grip. When I went to grab pork chops, to flip them, it would not grip them; the longer silicone coating got in the way of my being able to grab the chops. I ended up getting my metal tongs out and using them.

My son likes them for grabbing waffles out of the waffle iron, but I'm sure he has to have the plate right there to catch the waffles, because, as I stated above the longer material tips make the tongs very flimsy.

I sure hope Cuisinart works on correcting the flaw of this product; bring it up to their usual good quality.
13 helpful votes
14 helpful votes
on November 3, 2017
These are shorter than my other tongs, which wouldn't be great for some things, but they're great quality and easier to store due to their shorter length.

I think I've officially decided I do like Cuisinart brand for many things.
on August 15, 2017
Great tongs! I wanted longer ones but I'll definitely keep these around. The locking mechanism was a huge selling point for me. My old tongs had that annoying piece of metal that (of course) was eventually lost and replaced with rubber bands to keep them closed while storing.

Quality build, I'm very happy with my purchase!
on March 8, 2014
The barrel handle fork are so easy to manipulate as your working with either meat or vegetables on the grill.

The Panini Brush makes clean the grill plates a true joy, and I can say that with all authority. My wife usually complains that I don't do a very good job of cleaning up after cooking a meal. I don't mind cooking, but I truly hate doing the clean up. With the brush it makes quick work of cleaning the grill plates. My wife is happy, and that's all that matters!

I enjoy the silicone tipped tongs, especially when you can lock the tongs down to reduce the area needed with not using the tongs. and when you need it, just unlock the handles and your are ready to go. This is really a nice feature.

I have to be honest, I gave the waffle plates 5 stars just because the other plates were so easy to use and clean. I haven't actually tried them out yet. If the waffle plates perform as well as the other plates, then the 5 stars are truly earned
on July 24, 2013
The spring and locking mechanisms are good quality and the entire product has a very durable look and feel.
The locking mechanism is made of metal instead of plastic like most comparably priced products, so it is easy to use and store in the utensil drawer. The product picture shown is an accurate depiction of what it really looks like.
The 9" length is perfect for everyday use , I prefer using tongs over forks to cook chicken, pork and steaks. The silicone tip is nice and makes it safe for my coated non-stick pans. I would also like to comment on another reviewers' statement regarding the the silicone coating that seems to extend beyond the end of the metal tong. This length is +- 1/8" and is therefore negligible in everyday use. It is also consistent around all edges, so I would say that it is necessary to prolong the lifespan of the silicone along the scalloped edges of the tool. I would highly recommend this product.
on October 19, 2017
The quality of this identical product has declined over the years. Still decent.
on October 13, 2014
Bought these about a year and a half ago and they've performed well, as expected, until recently. The rubber inserts in the grips continuously come loose and need to be pushed back in! In fact, they appear to have shrunk, so there's no way to repair them that I can devise. I admit this is not the end of the world as we know it, but it's irritating and I don't like kitchen irritants! I don't expect shoddy products from Cuisinart and will think twice before buying the brand again.
2 helpful votes