From the Manufacturer
The CleanWater 2-gallon water filtration system in a convenient compact design features hot, cold, and room temperature water so consumers can use it for more than just drinking water. It can be used to prepare hot tea, hot chocolate, instant oatmeal, baby formula, steaming vegetables, cooking rice, and even pasta.
Pour yourself a glass of fresher, cleaner, filtered water for a refreshing drink without opening the refrigerator or a bottle or heating a kettle; easy touch pad controls dispenses water chilled at 44 degrees Fahrenheit, room temperature or hot at 194 degrees Fahrenheit on demand. The filter life is 3 month's average household use and processes 48 gallons of tap water, the equivalent of more than 500 store-bought plastic water bottles.
The filter reduces the following contaminates:
- Chlorine Taste and Odor: 97.50%
- Copper pH 6.5: 85.00%
- Copper pH 8.5: 85.40%
- Mercury pH 6.5: 92.80%
- Mercury pH 8.5: 89.90%
- Cadmium pH 6.5: 96.60%
- Cadmium pH 8.5: 92.50%
- Benzene: 84.10%
- Toluene: 89.80%
- Tetrachloroethylene: 92.50%
- Lead pH 6.5: 98.70%
With the Energy Saver feature, you can turn off your heater when hot water is not needed to reduce the system's energy usage by more than 50%. The filtration system is environmentally and economically smart because it eliminates the need for costly bottled water and containers that fill up landfills.
Brushed stainless steel housing and compact design make this dispenser a pleasure to keep on your kitchen countertop or anywhere else in the house. Now you can keep your family healthy and hydrated with fresher, cleaner great-tasting water anytime! So quench your thirst for the refreshing delicious difference only the CleanWater countertop filtration system can deliver.
Tips & Hints
- Drinking 4 to 8 glasses of water each day is healthy! Your countertop chiller makes it easy.
- Regular use of cleaner, filtered water in your automatic coffeemaker means less frequent decalcification treatments.
- Use filtered water in your iron to reduce mineral build-up.
- Treat your pets to cleaner, filtered water.
- Cleaner, filtered water makes tea and instant soup or coffee taste better.
Parts & Features
- 12 Week Filter Timer: Lets you know when to change your water filter located on the top of the unit. Each filter will last for 3 months/or up to 48 gallons. NOTE: For optimum filtering and flow rates, the water filter must be prepared and installed in the easy steps exactly as outlined in the instruction manual. In 12 weeks, the word REPLACE will appear to remind you to replace the filter. Once the filter (Cuisinart model GF-80) is replaced, reset the timer by pressing the Start button for 3 seconds. The long life filter reduces chlorine taste and color, mercury, benzene, lead, and more.
- Upper Water Tank with Cover/Lower Tank: Upper tank holds approximately 1/2 gallon of unfiltered water with a flip top lid for easy filling plus the lower tank holds approximately 1 gallon of filtered water. After following the operating instructions and set up is complete your unit is ready to use and on subsequent fill ups, the unit should take less than 10 minutes to heat and 30 minutes to chill.
- Internal Water Tanks: Hot and cold tank hold approximately 1/2 gallon in total capacity.
- On/Off Power Button: Press to power On. This will activate the chilling and heating functions.
- Indicator Lights: Red/Blue LEDs light up when water has reached hot/cold temperatures. Green LED lights up when units is in "Energy Saver" mode (hot water is off).
- Energy Saver Switch: Turn off your heater when hot water is not needed to reduce the system's energy usage by more than 50%. While in the energy saving mode, you can still dispense water from your hot tank; however, it will not be heated. Simply place the Energy Saver switch in its On position. The green LED will light up, indicating your unit is in Energy Saver mode. Because your unit is in Energy Saver mode and your hot water heater is disabled, the red LED hot water indicator light will turn off when the temperature of the hot water decreases (this can take up to 2 hours). To resume your hot water, simply put the Energy Saver switch in its Off position. After about 15 minutes, the LED hot water indicator will light up, signaling hot water is ready to dispense. Note: If your unit has been in Energy Saver mode for longer than a week, we recommend you flush out your hot water tank by dispensing and disposing of a full glass of water from the left spigot before enjoying your first glass of hot water. Note: We recommend you power your unit off when only room temperature filtered water is needed.
- Drainage Plugs: Two removable plastic plugs are located on the bottom of the unit.
- Turn the unit off and unplug it from the outlet.
- Remove the filter and place it in a bowl.
- Lift upper water tank, let it drain into lower tank, and set it aside. Then lift lower tank off base and empty. Careful, a full tank can be very heavy.
- Clean the water tanks and cover with warm soapy water. NOTE: Remove filter timer before washing lid. Filter timer is not immersible.
- The base is not immersible. Simply wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- Dry thoroughly when clean.
We recommend you clean your unit twice a year to boost its operation and performance and to remove any calcium scale residue from the heating and cooling elements. Please refer to instruction booklet for this cleaning process.
Bringing the Good Life Home
Cuisinart products are designed to make life delicious all day long. Specialty items, like this water filtration system, offer today's consumers a variety of options, and fun and easy new ways to entertain family and friends.
Cuisinart first came into home kitchens over 30 years ago when it introduced the now legendary food processor. People discovered that routines could be broken and creative cooking quickly became part of the new lifestyle. Preparing fresh ingredients with products that offered easy and interesting new techniques meant healthier meals and more free time.
Today Cuisinart develops products to make every meal memorable. From breakfast toast and coffee to elegant five-course dinners, the preparation and cooking have become a pleasurable part of the total experience. Today's relaxed lifestyles and the convenience of Cuisinart products make it easier than ever to Savor the Good Life, right at home with family and friends.
ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the US Environmental Protection Agency (ERA) and the US Department of Energy (DOE) that helps consumers save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. The ENERGY STAR label was established to reduce greenhouse emissions and other pollutants caused by the inefficient use of energy and make it easy for consumers to identify and purchase energy-efficient products that offer savings on energy bills without scarifying performance, features and comfort. The 2 Gallon CleanWater Countertop Filtration System has qualified as an Energy Star rated product and uses less energy, saves money and helps protect the environment.Product Description The most convenient way to enjoy cleaner, fresher water anytime you want it - chilled, hot or room temperature. The Cuisinart CleanWater Countertop Filtration system dispenses refreshing filtered water right form the kitchen countertop, and eliminates the need for costly bottled water alternatives. It's healthy, smart and simple - CleanWater is the future of drinking water.