Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cuisinart DCC-1150BK 10-Cup Classic Thermal Progra..." and save 66% off the $165.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Cuisinart DCC-1150BK 10-Cup Classic Thermal Programmable Coffeemaker, Black
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fully automatic 10-cup double-wall insulated thermal carafe coffeemaker with 24-hour programmability
- 1- to 4-cup setting, Brew Pause function, self clean functionality
- 60-second reset "remembers" settings and where it was in the brewing process
- Includes charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter to ensure only the freshest coffee flavor flows through
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||Stainless Steel||Black||Black||Black with Thermal Carafe||Black|
|Item Dimensions||—||9 x 7.75 x 14 in||13 x 17 x 10 in||11 x 14.12 x 9 in||8 x 9.5 x 13 in||10.23 x 8 x 14.17 in|
|Item Weight||—||8.75 lbs||7 lbs||5.1 lbs||4 lbs||—|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Plastic||Stainless Steel||stainless-steel||Plastic||Plastic|
A nice addition to any modern kitchen, this fully automatic 10-cup coffeemaker features 24-hour programmability--great for waking up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. The unit offers a 1- to 4-cup setting for brewing a smaller amount without compromising flavor, and its brew-pause function allows for pouring a cup before the brew cycle has completed. The included 10-cup double-wall insulated thermal carafe comes with a generous stay-cool handle and a dripless pour spout for comfortable, drip-free serving. Providing added convenience, the coffeemaker automatically shuts off at the end of the brewing cycle, and its 60-second reset "remembers" where it was in the brewing process and settings. Accessories include a charcoal water filter, a gold-tone filter, and a user manual. With its classic design and stainless accents, the stylish coffeemaker measures approximately 8 by 9 by 13 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
The Cuisinart DCC-1150 10-Cup Programmable Thermal Coffeemaker
You’ll love the way the Cuisinart Classic 10-cup programmable coffeemaker looks on the counter, as its brewing 10-Cups of fabulous coffee. The Cuisinart Classis Thermal 10-cup programmable coffeemaker is a statement about how serious you are about your coffee ‒ and your kitchen. Enjoy the full programmability, extreme ease of use, double-wall thermal carafe, and great tasting coffee.
The Quest for a Perfect Cup of Coffee
It is generally agreed that there are four basic elements critical to the perfect cup:
Element 1. Water:
Coffee is 98% water. Often overlooked, the quality of the water is as important as the quality of the coffee. A good rule of thumb is that if your water doesn’t taste good from the tap, it won’t taste any better in your coffee. That’s why Cuisinart has added a water filter to the Cuisinart Classic Thermal 10-cup programmable coffeemaker. The charcoal water filter removes chlorine, bad tastes and odors, for the purest cup of coffee every time.
Element 2. Coffee:
While the bulk of the liquid is water, all of the flavor should be from the coffee. To achieve the same great quality of coffee you receive at a coffee bar, you need to use the same quality beans. Buy the beans fresh and whole, only about a two weeks’ supply at a time for maximum freshness. Once the coffee bean is broken, its flavor degrades very quickly. If it is not practical to buy small supplies, we recommend you separate larger amounts of beans into one to two week portions immediately after purchase, and freeze them in airtight containers. The best way to maximize freshness is to minimize exposure to air, light and moisture. So, once removed from the freezer, beans should be maintained in a sealed container at room temperature, since damaging condensation occurs every time the beans are removed from the freezer or refrigerator. Note that some coffee experts advise against freezing dark-roast beans, because freezing can cause the oils to coagulate. Other experts disagree. We suggest you experiment and decide yourself.
Element 3. Grind:
The grind of the coffee is critical for proper flavor extraction. If the grind is too fine, over extraction and bitterness will result. Too fine a grind may also clog the filter. If the grind is too coarse, the water will pass through too quickly and the desired flavors will not be extracted. A medium-fine grind is recommended.
Element 4. Proportion:
Add the amount of ground coffee that corresponds to the number of cups being brewed. Use 1 tablespoon of ground coffee per cup, but use more or less to suit your taste. Note: the maximum capacity for ground coffee is 15 tablespoons for the 10-Cup (5 ounce cups) coffeemaker. Exceeding this amount may cause overflow if the coffee is too finely ground.
Features and Benefits
- Reservoir Cover: Flips back for easy filling.
- Water Reservoir: Open the cover by lifting it up. Pour the desired amount of water in the reservoir using step water level indicator located at the rear of the reservoir.
- Showerhead: Distributes water evenly over coffee, reducing temperature loss as water passes through grounds.
- Water Filter: Charcoal water filter eliminates chlorine, calcium and bad tastes or odors from tap water. Cuisinart recommends changing the water filter every 60 days or 60 uses ‒ or more often if you have hard water.
- Filter Basket: Holds a #4 paper filter or a permanent filter.
- LCD Digital Clock: Displays the time of day and set time for automatic functions.
- Function Knob: Used to initiate programming of automatic functions ‒ Auto On, Program, Clock and Brew. The Auto On feature is used to program the start time of the brew cycle. The Auto On can be set for any time, day or night. The PM indicator is displayed on the LCD for nighttime program times. Note: This coffeemaker shuts off automatically after brewing is complete.
- 1- to 4-Cup Setting: For brewing smaller pots of coffee. It provides double heating of the water, so coffee is piping hot.
- Clean Setting: Tells you when it’s time to clean your coffeemaker. Remove built-up calcification from the water reservoir, to help extend the life of your coffeemaker.
- Brew Pause: Stops flow of coffee from basket when carafe is removed (30 seconds max) from the heater plate, so a cup can be poured in mid-brew. Since the flavor extraction rate varies during the brew cycle, we recommend allowing the brewing cycle to finish before pouring the coffee. The coffee brewed at the beginning of the cycle has a flavor profile which is very different from the flavor at the end of the cycle. Once the coffee has finished brewing, stir it before serving to blend the flavors. The coffee at the bottom of the carafe will be somewhat stronger than the coffee at the top.
- Thermal Carafe with Hands-Free Lid: The easy pour no drip, double wall insulated 10-cup stainless thermal carafe with an ergonomic handle. The brew-through, pour-through lid allows coffee to drip from the coffeemaker through the closed lid. When brewing is complete, the lid seals itself so air stays out and the coffee freshness and temperature are preserved. No need to turn or adjust the lid before pouring. Note: Use caution, the bottom of the thermal is hot to touch for several minutes after brewing.
- Heating Plate: Scratch resistant with black, nonstick coating.
- Ready Tone: Signals the end of the brew cycle with five beeps (coffee will continue to stream from the filter for a few seconds after the tone).
- Cord Storage
- Power Loss Back-up System: One-minute protection in case of power fails, breaker trips, or unit is unplugged. It holds all programmed information, including the time of day, auto on time and auto off time.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If I had to find flaws, they are that the decanter lid doesn't flip up to fill it to pour into the coffee maker. It will pop off, but that's more for cleaning. This was awkward the first time, but really isn't a big deal once you've done it a few times. The clock is also quite small and facing straight out, so you have to bend down to see the time you are setting the machine to brew in the morning.
Sidenote: The first unit I received was used and missing the gold filter. It was packaged and cleaned almost like new, but you could still find a few little stains and such. This is my first time ever having to send anything back to Amazon, and it makes my confidence even that much higher in this company! They sent me a label that I printed and threw the box outside my door. The following day the box was gone, and the day after that a new unit arrived! This return is easier than any that you could even do in person at a physical store!
I like the permanent filter - it works OK when I have forgotten to buy more paper filters. I prefer the paper ones because they keep the sludge out of the last cup.
I had to chuckle when reading about programming for auto on/off and the part where there is an internal battery to keep your settings for one whole minute in case of a power interruption or if your machine is unplugged. In the important safeguards, number 5 is in bold print - Always unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. From reading reviews about the machine's electronics going nuts and starting an electrical fire, I can see why this is a good idea. However, it sort of undoes setting it up for auto on/off, doesn't it? I have always preferred machines with an auto off to prevent scorching/breaking carafes when the machine is not turned off after the last cup. Unplugging it after each use kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
I have to use a tad more coffee with this unit than with my old unit to get the same level of strength of brew. It isn't enough to complain about, just a note for those who might be buying this unit and aren't familiar with it.
I do have an additional step in putting in the water. With the old unit, I simply flipped the lid and could pour straight into the water well - it had easy to see cup markers in the well. This one has the tube on the right side and at the back. I have yet to figure out where I would put this unit so I could see it clearly. Since I use distilled water, I could pour from the jug straight into the well with the old unit. Now I have to take the lid off the carafe and pour the water into it, then pour from the carafe into the well. No big deal and it doesn't take much time, just one more step in the process.
I have had no problems with any drips or leaks from the carafe. I did save the carafe from my old unit. Replacement prices are extremely high. I don't use the filter since I use distilled water, but I am in a state of shock at the replacement cost of those.
I bought this product because of the basic features, low Amazon price and the rebate. Not being horribly picky about what I have for a coffee pot, it is meeting my need.
Most recent customer reviews
Loved the reusable filter option