Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Small Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- SquareTrade Protection Plans are only valid for new products purchased at Amazon within the last 30 days
Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black/Silver
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Classic brushed metal design with a 12-Cup carafe with ergonomic handle for comfortable, dripless pouring
- Brew pause feature lets you enjoy a cup of coffee before brewing has finished. Adjustable heater plate (low, medium, high) ensures that your coffee stays at the temperature you like best
- 24-hour advance brew start, programmable auto shutoff from 0 to 4 hours plus a 1- to 4-Cup feature when making less than 5 cups
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter that ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop. Instruction book
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards. Charcoal water filter (removes impurities) and dimension(LxWxH) is 7.75 inches x 9.00 inches x 14.00 inches
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Wake up each and every morning to a fragrant, freshly brewed pot of coffee when you use the Cuisinart Brew Central Coffee Maker. Strikingly retro in black and chrome, this 12-cup coffeemaker includes Cuisinart's best brewing technology and premium features for ease and flexibility. This coffee maker boasts wake-up feature so you don't have to spend one waking moment caffeine-less, A glass carafe, heat adjustable warming plate and pause function are just some of the additional benefits of this coffeemaker. Carafe is dishwasher safe.
- Brew-pause feature.
- Programmable shut-off.
- 24-hour clock and timer.
- Heat-adjustable warming plate.
- Dishwasher-safe coffee pot.
- Dimensions: 14.25 inch L x 8 inch W x 10.75 inch H.
- Cuisinart Coffee Maker, DCC 1200model# DCC-1200.
Cuisinart introduces a coffeemaker with retro styling and high tech features, making it the centerpiece of any kitchen. The Cuisinart Brew Central coffeemaker is reminiscent of the days of classic styling and durable materials. A brushed metal exterior with retro-style controls houses the finest in coffee making technology. This fully programmable coffeemaker features 24-hour advance brew start, automatic shutoff, Brew Pause feature, 1-4 cup setting, adjustable heater plate, and self-cleaning function. An audible beep signals the end of the brew cycle.
All trademarks are the sole property of their respective companies. All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
ALL I can say is, I guess they're in the right price point, because the next step up is into the hundreds of dollars... but all of my Cuisinart coffee makers have died from the same or similar problems of seal failures.
I got my first Cuisinart coffee maker (identical but brushed aluminum look)... it had a seal fail probably a year then leaked water out of the bottom.
I immediately went and got a shiny silver like this. I liked the look and the coffee it made so I figured it was a fluke and got a new one...
About a year later, it a seal failure happened so that it no longer would bring water up from the water reservoir to where the coffee grounds were.
Next one was an upgrade... slightly bigger and nicer... It lasted about 4 years then did the same thing... stopped transporting water so no coffee would brew. But I figured hey... looks cool... good coffee... lasted a lot longer than the last couple... let's roll with it.
But this last one I JUST got a month and a half ago... one of the seals failed and the clock/programming display filled up with water and steam and it is now unusable.
Too many seal failures!
Prior to this, it's been a champ. Used it almost everyday. Really like the programmable features, the Auto Off options, the carafe temperature options. We might buy this again and just figure on another three-year lifespan -- but going to look for other options too before we do so
We bought the DCC-3200 -- newer model at the same price point. I recommend it instead. It has some nice features. It is neither taller nor noticeably deeper, but they get 14 cups instead of 12 cups. The water measurement is on the side of the coffeemaker instead of being inside the reservoir. It offers a bold setting which does strengthen the coffee (not what we need, but perhaps nice for others). An option to turn off the tones completely (this one we use and like).
Perhaps most importantly, the lid of the DCC-3200 has more holes through which the hot water drips onto the ground coffee. The DCC-1200 had fewer holes, more concentrated around the center. This led to more splashing of the coffee grounds, which would often lead to grounds spilling over into the reservoir, leading to cleaning issues and probably shortening the lifespan of the carbon filter cartridges. The DCC-3200 has a more even dispersion of the hot water -- I can tell because the used coffee grounds are rather neatly compacted.
I can't yet say about the longevity. Since the DCC-1200 last 3.5 years on a 3 year warranty, and the DCC-3200 comes with a 3 year warranty, I have a prediction...
Note: for the best tasting coffee you must grind coffee to Medium-grind. If you grind the beans too fine is going to result in watery coffee with a bitter taste!
One con is that I wish I could remove the water fillerso that I clean it regularly. However, the machine has a light alert for self cleaning.