Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cuisinart DCC-2600 Brew Central 14-Cup Programmabl..." and save 69% off the $185.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Cuisinart DCC-2600 Brew Central 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe
|You Save:||$55.01 (30%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 14-cup (5 ounces each) programmable coffeemaker with glass carafe
- Brew-pause function; 1- to 4-cup setting; regular and bold flavor-strength settings
- Heater plate with adjustable temperature; 0- to 4-hour automatic shut-off
- Permanent Gold Tone filter, charcoal water filter, and instruction book included
- Measures approximately 11 by 9-3/5 by 16-1/5 inches; 3-year limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Cuisinart DCC-2600 Brew Central 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe
Cuisinart DCC-3200 14-Cup Glass Carafe with Stainless Steel Handle Programmable Coffeemaker, Silver B00MVWGQX0
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Oliver Marketplace||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||16.25 x 10.88 x 9.62 in||9 x 7.75 x 14 in||11 x 9.5 x 16.25 in||12.75 x 10.12 x 16.38 in|
|Item Weight||9.2 lbs||8.75 lbs||9 lbs||9.4 lbs|
|Material Type||Metal||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
With its sleek, modern look and user-friendly control panel, this extra-large-capacity coffeemaker brews up to 14 cups (5 ounces each) of fresh and flavorful coffee at a time. The fully automatic unit can be programmed up to 24 hours in advance for "wake up" coffee or to have a pot ready and waiting to serve with dessert--no need to get up from the table half way through dinner. For those eager to start their day, the machine's brew-pause function allows for pouring a quick cup midbrew--simply remove the carafe to pause the flow of coffee and replace it to continue the brewing cycle. Speaking of, the included glass carafe offers measuring marks up the side, an ergonomic stay-cool handle with a knuckle guard and a strip of stainless-steel accenting, and a drip-free spout for graceful pouring. The coffeemaker also provides an easy-view water-level window; a 1- to 4-cup setting; regular and bold flavor-strength settings; built-in 60-second memory in case the power goes out; an adjustable heater plate with high, medium, and low temperature settings; a self-clean function; and 0- to 4-hour automatic shut-off for safety and peace of mind. A permanent Gold Tone filter that eliminates messy paper filters, a charcoal water filter for improved flavor, and a handy instruction book come included. The coffeemaker measures approximately 11 by 9-3/5 by 16-1/5 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
The Cuisinart DCC-2600 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
The Quest for a Perfect Cup of Coffee
It is generally agreed that there are four basic elements critical to the perfect cup:
Element 1. Water:
Coffee is 98% water. Often overlooked, the quality of the water is as important as the quality of the coffee. A good rule of thumb is that if your water doesn’t taste good from the tap, it won’t taste any better in your coffee. That’s why Cuisinart has added a water filter to the 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker. The charcoal water filter removes chlorine, bad tastes and odors, for the purest cup of coffee every time.
Element 2. Coffee:
While the bulk of the liquid is water, all of the flavor should be from the coffee. To achieve the same great quality of coffee you receive at a coffee bar, you need to use the same quality beans. Buy the beans fresh and whole, only about a two weeks’ supply at a time for maximum freshness. Once the coffee bean is broken, its flavor degrades very quickly. If it is not practical to buy small supplies, we recommend you separate larger amounts of beans into one to two week portions immediately after purchase, and freeze them in airtight containers. The best way to maximize freshness is to minimize exposure to air, light and moisture. So, once removed from the freezer, beans should be maintained in a sealed container at room temperature, since damaging condensation occurs every time the beans are removed from the freezer or refrigerator. Note that some coffee experts advise against freezing dark-roast beans, because freezing can cause the oils to coagulate. Other experts disagree. We suggest you experiment and decide yourself.
Element 3. Grind:
The grind of the coffee is critical for proper flavor extraction. If the grind is too fine, over extraction and bitterness will result. Too fine a grind may also clog the filter. If the grind is too coarse, the water will pass through too quickly and the desired flavors will not be extracted. A medium-fine grind is recommended.
Element 4. Proportion:
Coffee that is too strong or too weak is always a disappointment. Add 1 level scoop of ground coffee per cup and adjust the amount according to taste. Note: the maximum capacity for ground coffee is 17 tablespoons for the 12-cup coffeemaker. Exceeding this amount may cause overflow if the coffee is too finely ground.
Features and Benefits
- Reservoir Cover: Flips back for easy filling.
- Water Reservoir with Water Level Indicator Window: Open the reservoir cover by lifting it up. Pour in the desired amount of water using the water level indicator located at the side of the coffeemaker window.
- Showerhead: Distributes water evenly over coffee, reducing temperature loss as water passes through grounds.
- Charcoal Water Filter: Charcoal water filter eliminates chlorine, calcium and bad tastes or odors from tap water. Cuisinart recommends changing the water filter every 60 days or 60 uses – or more often if you have hard water.
- Filter Basket: Holds a #4 paper filter or a permanent filter.
- Control Panel:
- On/Off Button, Clock display, Hour and Minute Buttons.
- Strength Selector: Regular and Bold buttons let you choose the intensity of coffee flavor you prefer.
- Carafe Temperature Knob: For controlling the temperature of the coffee after brewing. There are three temperature settings high, medium and low.
- 1- to 4-Cup Setting: The 1- to 4-cup setting button is used when you make small amounts of coffee. Normal coffeemakers will produce a colder batch of coffee when smaller amounts are made, because the heater doesn’t have enough time to properly ‘warm up’ to heat a small amount. The 1- to 4-cup setting basically ‘double heats’ the water, making your smaller amounts as piping hot as a full pot would be. To use simply press the 1- to 4-cup button on the control panel after turning on the unit.
- Self-Clean Setting: Tells you when it’s time to clean your coffeemaker. Remove built-up calcification from the water reservoir, to help extend the life of your coffeemaker.
- Function Knob: Includes Program, Auto On, Auto Off, Brew, Clock and Audible Tone: Coffeemaker can be programmable to automatically start brewing up to 24 hours in advance and can be programmed to shut off up to 4 hours after brewing. The Audible Tone signals the end of the brew cycle with five beeps (coffee will continue to stream from the filter for a few seconds after the tone).
- Brew Pause: Stops flow of coffee from basket when carafe is removed (30 seconds max) from the heater plate, so a cup can be poured in mid-brew. Since the flavor extraction rate varies during the brew cycle, we recommend allowing the brewing cycle to finish before pouring the coffee. The coffee brewed at the beginning of the cycle has a flavor profile which is very different from the flavor at the end of the cycle. Once the coffee has finished brewing, stir it before serving to blend the flavors. The coffee at the bottom of the carafe will be somewhat stronger than the coffee at the top.
- Carafe: The easy pour, no drip 14-cup glass carafe has an ergonomic handle and brewed coffee markings for two to fourteen cups.
- Adjustable Heater Plate: Allows you to keep brewed coffee at desired temperature. Scratch resistant with black, nonstick coating.
- Cord Storage
- Power Loss Backup System: One minute protection in case a breaker trips, the unit is unplugged, or the power fails. It holds all programmed information, including time of day, auto on time and auto off time.
- Measuring Scoop
Top Customer Reviews
I have to agree with other reviewers that most, if not all, problems are corrected with this model. I use much less coffee with this model than I did with my last. Water is easy to pour into the tank with very little care. You do have to pull the unit forward to open the lid. A good bit of steam comes out the top, so I found it is best to have a plastic sheet over my upper cabinet's underside to protect it. I really like the outside of the unit, which is fairly fingerprint-free with regular use.
The pot lid can take a little bit of fuss (about 3 seconds) to align just right. It doesn't drip at all, and it pours at just the right rate, not fast enough to splash, but not slow at all. The lid pops off easily for cleaning. The pot in hand feels great, even when full. It is easy to hold and pour with no strain or heat.
I love the 3 temp warmer plate (the low setting keeps it a bit hotter than drinkable), and the beeper to tell you that coffee is ready, or that the warmer plate is turning off. It is just the right pitch, tone quality, and loudness whether sitting in the kitchen or a room away and is not annoying at all for my sensitive ears, while my husband - who has trouble hearing beep tones - hears it well.
All the buttons are intuitive, and I love having the little round knobs vs touch pads and toggles. It is easy to turn the warming plate back on if you need more than 4 hours, or want to heat up cold leftovers.
The brewing time is not as fast as some, but I haven't found it to be a bother at all. Planning is everything in life, and planning for your coffee maker is no different. It's got a nice auto feature if you need it ready for morning. Otherwise, in the time it takes to have a 5 minute shower, dry off and brush your teeth, the coffee is done brewing.
I have also used various tea bags in this brewer. If you fiddle with it for a while, you can figure out how much water on regular and bold settings is good for whatever you're brewing. It's absolutely wonderful to be able to have coffee during the day and tea at night without switching utensils.
The filter is a nice feature for those who don't have filtered water already. And the gold cone filter is handy if you prefer not to use paper, or run out. The unit does make some little snap, crackle and pop noises that haven't gone away in the month I've had mine. But it's not bothersome at all. Update: those noises eventually disappeared.
The clock is the only item I can think of complaining about. I need to use this pot in the darkest corner of my kitchen, and I can still read the clock just fine during the day. But I would have liked it to be lit, just dimly, so that I could read it faster, as well as in the evening, and from across the kitchen, or at 2am, without turning on the kitchen light. It's a small complaint considering everything else done well.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
after making coffee this morning I noticed it was making a popping noise
come to find out it started boiling the...Read more
And I feel so bad cuz it was a Christmas gift.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated coffee makers in our Coffee Maker Reviews.