Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Cuisinart DK-17 Cordless Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
|Price:||$53.03 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1.7 Liter capacity BPA-free kettle
- Removable spout filter; concealed heating element minimizes mineral deposits
- Blue ON indicator; soft-touch handle and lid grip
- Easy one-touch operation and extra-large water window
- 360-degree swivel cordless connector; 1500 watts for quick heating
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Cuisinart DK-17 Cordless Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
Hamilton Beach 1.7L Stainless Steel Electric Kettle 40893
Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
Cuisinart CPK-17AMZ Perfect Temp Cordless Programmable Kettle, Stainless Steel
Cuisinart CPK-17 Programmable Kettle
Cuisinart JK-17 Cordless Electric Kettle
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Home Elegant||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||8.25 x 8.25 x 11.75 in||10.25 x 8.25 x 10.25 in||9.75 x 8.25 x 12 in||8.12 x 9.75 x 11.88 in||8.5 x 8 x 12 in||6.1 x 8.8 x 9.75 in|
|Material Type||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||stainless steel||Stainless Steel|
Made of classic stainless steel with a graceful stay-cool handle, the Cuisinart BPA-free Cordless Electric Kettle has a conveniently located extra large window, with water level marks, that shows whether water is boiling or kettle needs refilling. With a concealed heating element and easy one-touch operation, the cordless kettle provides fresh-tasting instant hot drinks anywhere, anytime.
Top customer reviews
TWO MONTHS LATER:
In a hassle-free manner, Amazon replaced the defective kettle and the second one seems to be working well. It boils water in an amazingly short time, and if it holds up over time I will give it a higher rating. Definitely sdoes the job.
Two more weeks later: replacement pot failed In same way as the first one, leaking water down into the base onto the heating element. A goo product idea but obviously terrible quality control. Don't buy this product, Cuisinart needs to get their act together and quit pushing shoddy products into the marketplace. Why put up with hit or miss products, no matter how eloquently designed. A five-star product with a one star execution.
* It is shorter and more squat than the standard pitcher shape kettle which is absolutely fantastic if you have a tiny sink and low faucet like we do. If there is anything in the sink I can't fit the taller kind under my faucet to fill it. This fits!
* Quiet and fast!
* The lid comes off easily, making filling it up easy
* Easy to see the water level, and it holds a good amount
* The style. This one at least looks a little vintage and cute versus those ugly contemporary pitcher type. I still don't understand why there aren't more good looking kettles! They live on your counter all the time, why aren't they cuter?? (PS I tried a popular ceramic type with pretty decals on it but that was not at all functional, had to return it.)
* MAJOR: this thing will boil without the lid on! I feel like that is a pretty big safety concern and should definitely be fixed in future models. If it's full and the lid is not on, you'll have overflowing boiling water.
* If you see the water has just started to boil and you flip it off a second early then try to pour it, you WILL get a steam burn. It's something about the lid design. If you wait until it flips off automatically, this won't happen. If you're impatient like me, just protect your hand.
* I wish the clear window to show the water level was smaller, If you've used a kettle for a long time you know that you get hard water build up that is impossible to clean. It doesn't affect the taste or anything, and the hidden spout strainer makes sure it doesn't go in your mug, but you see all the little white flakes floating in there every time you use it, it's unappetizing.
All in all I'm glad we bought it (mostly because of the size of our sink and the style) though the boiling-water-without-a-lid thing is a bit concerning.
Heats up quickly
Holds alot of water and fills easily
Shuts off when water boils.
1 - Clear water window is only on one side - so I cannot see how much water is in, unless I pick it up, turn kettle around and check.
This is only a problem is you have the kettle facing a certain direction. Since mine is in a particular corner of the kitchen...it can only face one way (or else steam up the wall each time). I wish they had the clear on both sides for everybody's convenience.
2 - Heavy. It is alot heavier than the mostly plastic kettles. Something I need to get used to, but not a big deal
Glad I made the switch to this kettle.
We love the viewing window and the fact that it heats very quickly. I love the blue light of the on/off switch and love that it shuts off when it boils. It is not too heavy to pour into our teapot and the spout works great with absolutely no dripping. It is easy to fill because the handle is high enough as to not get in the way of pouring water into the kettle.
The instruction booklet suggests that you keep the original packaging in case you have to send it back in to the company. That concerns us a bit, but time will tell. Perhaps keeping the packaging will ward off any future problems. We do hope so, but as of now, it is simply the best kettle and we are so glad that we purchased it.