Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cuisinart DLC-1SS Mini-Prep Processor, Brushed Sta..." and save 53% off the $65.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Cuisinart DLC-1SS Mini-Prep Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful chopper/grinder; 21-ounce work bowl; 2 speeds for precision chopping
- Patented reversible blade chops or grinds; brushed stainless steel base
- Dishwasher-safe parts,Product Dimensions :4.63"x 8.00" x 6.25"
- Instruction/recipe book
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Cuisinart DLC-1SS Mini-Prep Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
|Price||$34.95||$39.95||$29.85||$51.50||$31.31||Add to cart to see price. Why?|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Brushed Stainless||Brushed Chrome||Black||Die Cast||Brushed||Empire Red|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 8.4 x 5.1 in||8.2 x 9.8 x 5.6 in||10.13 x 14 x 10.13 in||6.5 x 5.75 x 9.25 in||6.25 x 9 x 8 in||7 x 5.6 x 8.7 in|
|Item Weight||1.63 lbs||3 lbs||5 lbs||3.5 lbs||2.7 lbs||2.7 lbs|
|Material Type||Plastic||Plastic||Plastic||Information Not Available||—||Plastic|
|Size||2.63 Cup||3 Cup||8 Cup||4 Cup||3 Cup||One Size|
Powerful Stainless Steel Chopper/Grinder, 21 OZ Work Bowl, 2 Speeds, Reversible Blade, Brushed Stainless Base, Dishwasher Safe Parts, Spatula, Instruction Book.
The Cuisinart Mini-Prep food processor stands 8 inches tall and just over 4 inches wide, but don't let the size fool you. The base houses a motor so powerful that you need to stabilize it with one hand when using the high setting to whip up a strawberry-banana smoothie for one in less than a minute. The clear plastic prep bowl locks into place with a simple twist, while the blades can be set sharp side up for chopping onions or grating Parmesan cheese, or turned blunt side up for making walnut pesto or whipping up chocolate frosting. The set includes a spatula and a cleaning brush to remove coffee grounds.
For best results, cut ingredients into small, even pieces--about 1/2-inch square or so works well. In general, use the sharp-edge approach for low speed and the blunt side of the blades for high speed. If you need to run the motor for longer than one minute, pause and begin again. The bowl, cover, and blade assembly can all be run through the dishwasher, but watch your fingers when dissembling the machine, as the blades are extremely sharp. --Irene Svete
Top customer reviews
Works good for salsa and mincing handfuls of herbs. Makes a mess with anything liquid, and smaller amounts of herbs will just stick to the sides. Comes with a useful little spatula for when that happens so you can just cut them with a knife like you should have.
1. The unit doesn't have a sturdy/heavy base so it jostles around when running. It's like trying to restrain an epileptic (which you should never do, btw).
2. It overheats when you run it for more than 10 seconds. You can smell the burning.
3. It's not even remotely water-tight. If the liquid isn't being sprayed everywhere, it's leaking out of the bowl and all over the machine. I mean, a simple salsa shouldn't look like a massacre.
4. It doesn't grind evenly. Making powdered sugar, bread crumbs, or a cheese dip is infuriating since you basically have to sift/strain out all the large chunks it missed.
5. The blade assembly is easily shifted. You MUST load the bowl AFTER the bowl is on the base or else the blade assembly will shift up, the food will fill that void, and you'll have to reload everything again. It's especially annoying if you accidentally move the blade while shifting the ingredients mid-process. You have to take out the entire half-processed batch, put bowl back on, load the blade in, and load the food in again to continue.
6. The inside of the plastic bowl got scratched up making bread crumbs.
Spend the extra money for a real processor.
Most recent customer reviews
In the past I had food chopper that could purée as well. This does neither.
Waste of money.Read more