Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cuisinart DSA-11 Dishwasher Safe Hard-Anodized 11-Piece Cookware Set
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Color: Black|Size: 11 Piece|Change

on July 22, 2011
I bought these mainly for the fact that they are the hard-anodized type and dishwasher safe too. Also for the fact that metal utensils can be used in them, because my son forgets with other non-stick cookware. I just fried 2 eggs in the small 8" open skillet without any oil on medium to medium high heat. They slid right out of the pan easily and are cooked perfectly. By the way the saute pan lid will fit over the larger open skillet perfectly, and I did use the larger pan lid to cook my eggs in the small open skillet. That lid does not fit the small skillet perfectly, but it did work.

Only thing I did not like when I opened them is that there is a seam in the metal rims on the lids which shows. This is minor, but I wish they had made them without the seam being visible.
______________________
Update 1 year later:
The outside of this cookware does not wear well over time. Any grease that gets on the outside during cooking will cause burned on stains that are not removable. I have tried softscrub, it does not work. Tried a little ammonia also in desperation on the outside only, no luck at all. There is no way to remove the outside discolorations. The outer edge of the small skillet and some of the other pieces also wears off to show a bare shiny metal strip or white discoloring right along the edge. This white discoloration is also spreading on my skillet now to below the edge and onto the side. I have one or two items that seem to be losing their non-stick capability, but I believe one of those pieces were possibly over-heated with burned food. For what I paid, I expected better though on all the pieces. DSA maybe really is not quite so dishwasher safe and I don't have time to hand wash cookware.

Also the 2 pans in this set are not worth much size-wise. The 1 quart is not really big enough to boil one egg. The 2.5 quart pan is adequate. This set needs a 1.5 quart pan and a 3 or 3.5 quart pan to really make is useful. I don't always want to drag out the other larger handled pot, or even the dutch oven size I bought extra. Sometimes I just want a larger pan.
55 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2010
It's non-stick, hard-anodized, has glass lids, stay-cool handles, oven safe, and dishwasher safe! That's a hard combination to find, especially the dishwasher safe part with the non-stick interior and hard-anodized exterior. This set was purchased as a gift for someone with a ceramic/glass cooktop, and she says it works well on that surface. No problems with throwing them in the dishwasher, no problems with the non-stick surface. And they're lovely to look at and use, too. The only thing to note is that the handles on the cookware do stay cool, but the handles on the lids do not, so you'll need potholders when you lift the lids off.
on January 27, 2014
I purchased these less than 2 years ago and nearly all of the cookware we use regularly has warped on the bottoms...rendering them nearly useless on a flat, glass cooktop. I called Cuisinart to inquire about the warranty...I have to ship back the defective items at my expense; provide a $15 check for return shipping; and the process is expected to take 4-6 weeks. Since nearly all of the cookware is defective, we would essentially be without cookware for 4-6 weeks...a bit problematic...I'll probably look to purchase from a different manufacturer rather than return under warranty given the shipping costs and hassle factor...
on April 21, 2012
NOT DISHWASHER SAFE!!!! I spent 200$ on this sent on 10/17. It was great for about two months and then the non stick coating started peeling off two the pans. They were totally unusable - even milk would stick to them.

The pans are also very light and not ideal for electric burners because they keep sliding around! Its worth noting that I always use non stick safe utensils to lift stuff off.

I had to send the set back to CUISINART customer service(Paying over 50$ for shipping on my own - They ask you to pay for return shipping also). It has been more than two months and I did not hear anything from CUISINART on this so I called them and found out that the set is back ordered and there's nothing they can do. They WILL NOT give me a refund either so now I have to go and buy a new set.

I've learnt my lesson and will NEVER buy a CUISINART product again.
on December 7, 2014
I have had my set for a year and I absolutely love it. I have used most of the pieces at least once, I can honestly say I was avoiding using them at first to avoid messing them up too soon :). They have all been through the dishwasher without any issues. Heat evenly on both flat and standard electric stoves. I am currently preparing to buy the other pieces in this set. Very nice with the ridiculous price of the other U named set I was in love with.
on September 7, 2015
This is my second full set of cuisinart pots and pans. The pieces in this set are all a little smaller than my first set. Same great cuisinart quality. My first set was not considered 'dishwasher safe' but I would throw them in on occasion. It does say in the booklet to not use dishwashing detergent with lemon in it. The only kind that works in my dishwasher is the kind with lemon (this is a lower end dishwasher). It is kind of hard to find detergent w/o lemon too.
on January 22, 2014
Ordered this product for a dual house usage, the quality has been wonderful. Washes up so very easily. only wish that every pan set they made that you would get a larger frying skillet. But no one does that anymore so not a huge complaint. Love the glass lids and the pasta pot worked excellent for large pasta shells. Would recommend this set to anyone.
on December 18, 2015
This is my second set of Cuisinart pans. The first was not dishwasher safe, these are supposed to be. These are nice pans for someone looking for a higher end look/feel without a ridiculous price tag. Pluses: 1. Dishwasher safe (will hold that verdict until we've used these for a few months. 2. Metal handles allow for placing these in the oven with the following caveats - do not place under a broiler nor in a high heat situation.
on March 17, 2014
I previously had bought some pans, Earth pans, that were Consumer Reports choices but they were awful!! So glad that I ditched them for these beauties! The Cuisinart Hard-Adonized Pans have even heating, hold a simmer, clear lids, ergonomic design and clean up like brand new! They are awesome! I don't know if I can follow Consumer Reports ever again!
on October 27, 2014
I got this for my girlfriend last Christmas and 11 months later its still in brand new condition. resist scratches, no chips, can handle extreme heat (when you leave something on the stove and all the water boils away) and no matter what all it takes to clean is a simple wipe. Best cookware ever!

Cons: when i got it there was a piece of metal in the handle that rattles when you move it, I contacted Cuisinart but they never responded back...
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse