Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Cuisinart FP-12BK Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor, Black
|Price:||$226.37 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1000-watt food processor with 12-cup work bowl and nesting 4-cup work bowl
- On/off/pulse touchpad controls; wide-mouth feed tube; blade-locking system
- Stainless-steel slicing disc, shredding disc, chopping/mixing blades, and dough blade
- Dishwasher-safe parts; spatula, "how-to" DVD, and recipe/instruction book included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Combining the Cuisinart tradition of culinary excellence with groundbreaking innovation, the Cuisinart Elite Collection 12-cup food processor sets the bar for the next generation of kitchen appliances. With a 4-cup work bowl nested inside the big bowl, plus the adjustable 6 position slicing disc and reversible shredding disc, it provides home chefs with multiple food processors in one! The exclusive SealTight Advantage System is designed to deliver maximum bowl capacity and clean processing and pouring. The 12-cup food processor is equipped with 1000 watts of peak power and a variety of accessories that make every meal easier to prepare. It is truly the finest food prep appliance available for today's modern kitchen.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here's the issue. My version of this food processor (purchased in Feb of 2011) came with a work bowl cover that has a non-removable seal. This is a problem because food gets stuck under the seal and molds. Soaking it in bleach doesn't solve the problem. It's a health and safety problem and disgusting at the very least. Also, the little springs the press the seal into place on the work bowl when the cover is in place have slipped out of place and gotten lost, presumably in some batch of hummus, which can contribute to some awkward meals.
I've learned that the newer versions of this model have addressed this issue with a re-designed work bowl cover that features a removable seal. Just pull it off, wash the whole thing. Problem solved.
My first contact with Cuisinart was promising. Although my product was out of warranty, they told me that I could order a replacement cover and that it would come with a removable seal. It wasn't cheap, (fully 1/3 the cost of an entirely new machine) but I figured it was worth it to avoid food poisoning or a chipped tooth. As a bonus, they promised me a complete set of plastics that were BPA-free with my order. A few weeks later, the parts arrived, but they were identical to what I already had. So, I called to return them for the correct part.
A few more weeks, another new part arrived, this time with a removable seal, but the wrong color. I returned them, only to receive the original part again without the removable seal. Since then, I've contacted Cuisinart customer service 14 times and, according to my phone bill, logged five hours and eleven minutes on the phone with them. They have told me that they shipped me the correct parts (they didn't) that there are no parts with a removable seal (I have photographs that prove otherwise), that they didn't know the correct part numbers, that the parts were not in stock and had no delivery dates, that they would have to contact corporate for assistance, that they hadn't heard back from corporate yet and, repeatedly, that I should call back in a few days.
Today, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred into the technical support queue instead of to a supervisor. What started out as a reasonable, if unremarkable response to a product design flaw has turned into an unbelievable Kafkaesque corporate failure that makes me wish I never bought the thing to begin with. I see that the item has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Thank goodness for that.
But, other than that, I like the food processor.
Most recent customer reviews
- lid is never clean, food gets there.Read more