Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cuisinart FP-12DC Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Pro..." and save 63% off the $450.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Cuisinart FP-12DC Elite Collection 12-Cup Food Processor, Die Cast DISCONTINUED BY MANUFACTURER
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1000-watt food processor with 12-cup work bowl and nesting 4-cup work bowl
- On/off/pulse touchpad controls; wide-mouth feed tube; blade-locking system
- Stainless-steel slicing disc, shredding disc, chopping/mixing blades
- Dishwasher-safe parts; spatula, and recipe/instruction book included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Equipped with a 1000-watt peak-power motor, this convenient food processor quickly and easily slices, dices, chops, and purees, helping to reduce prep time in the kitchen. It supplies a 12-cup work bowl, plus a 4-cup work bowl that nests inside the bigger bowl--a versatile two-in-one design that can handle small and large batches alike. Both bowls feature durable polycarbonate construction, measurement marks up the side, and drip-free pour spouts. An exclusive SealTight Advantage System seals the bowls and locks the blades for clean, safe processing and pouring. In addition, the unit's wide-mouth feed tube accommodates larger ingredients, which reduces the need for cutting food into smaller pieces first, and its electronic touchpad control panel offers three selections for on, off, and pulse. Use the machine to quickly blend up individual or family-size batches of pesto, chop onions and green peppers for a veggie pizza, or shred cheese for omelets on a Sunday morning. Accessories include a stainless-steel adjustable slicing disc (1 to 6 mm), a stainless-steel reversible shredding disc (fine/medium), a large and small stainless-steel chopping/mixing blade. Thoughtfully designed, the food-prep appliance also provides blue LED indicator lights, a simple on/off locking system with push-button release, and dishwasher-safe removable parts for quick cleanup. A spatula, "how-to" DVD, and a recipe/instruction book come included. The food processor measures 7 by 10-1/2 by 15-1/5 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty with a 10-year warranty on the motor.
From the Manufacturer
Cuisinart extended the potential of every kitchen, with the introduction of the food processor in 1973. Now with the innovative Elite Collection, Cuisinart continues the pioneering tradition. Loaded with 1000 watts of peak power and innovative options, this ground breaking collection utilizes the exclusive SealTight Advantage system and a revolutionary nested bowl design to usher in the next generation of food processing. With two nested bowls, a reversible shredding disc and adjustable slicing disc (8 different options with 2 discs),and a versatile chopping/mixing blade, there is no limit to what you can do. The SealTight lid and blade assembly lets you utilize the maximum of each bowl's processing capacity without spills or leaks, and ensures easy cleaning and convenient handling. The motor housing base is extra-durable with a streamline design that provides a solid foundation for the demands of food processing. It's versatile, powerful, and user-friendly food processor--something consumers always expect from Cuisinart.
Features, Benefits, and Operations
- Housing Base and Motor: With a vertically projecting shaft, this powerful base processes through a variety of recipes with 1000 watts of peak power.
- Touchpad Control Panel: These easy to clean, electronically controlled buttons, On, Off, and Pulse, cover a host of food processing functions. The contemporary blue LED light indicates when the unit is powered on.
- Work Bowls: Designed with maximum versatility, the work bowl should be based on task appropriateness. These nested bowls feature SealTight technology, which maximizes each bowl's processing capacity, ensures safe handling, and keeps all the ingredients contained in the bowl you're using! The bowls also include a locking feature to prevent them from coming out of position when pouring, and finger recesses for user-friendliness. The large and small work bowls (12 and 4 cup) are made of durable polycarbonate material with convenient measurements marking and pour spouts. Cuisinart recommends using the work bowls in a manner that will optimize efficiency. For example, if your recipe requires using both bowls, begin with the small bowl to minimize cleaning. This way the small bowl can serve as a prep bowl to reserve chopped ingredients for a recipe. Note that the bowls lock into place while nested. The convenient finger recesses can be used to remove the small bowl with ingredients, or the bowl can remain nested during pouring or food removal.
- Work Bowl Cover with Feed Tube: The work bowl cover with SealTight Advantage feature allows for maximum bowl capacity during processing and pouring. To remove the work bowl cover, push in the release buttons on either side of the handle interlock. The Supreme Wide-Mouth feed tube accommodates larger ingredients and saves precutting time.
- Pusher Assembly: Secured with a snap-fit, the small pusher inside the larger pusher allows you to accommodate ingredients of all sizes. The large pusher lock, located on the handle, enables it to be pulled out to lock and pushed in to unlock--this feature should be used when processing heavy loads.
- SmallChopping/Mixing Blade: This small stainless steel blade will chop or mix anything in your small work bowl and also features the BladeLock system. The BladeLock feature is designed to keep the blade in place during processing, pouring, lifting, and handling tasks--but is not permanently attached. To operate the small blade place both work bowls assembled on the base, position the stem adapter over the center of the bowls, twist into position, and push down to lock. Grasp the small chopping/mixing blade by its hub, place it over the stem adapter, twist into position, and push down firmly to lock.
- Large Chopping/Mixing Blade: Stainless steel in construction, this heavy-duty blade will process a variety of food in your large work bowl. The BladeLock system enables the blade to stay in place to prevent leaking, while providing optimal pouring. To operate the blade place the large work bowl assembled on the base, grasp the large chopping/mixing blade by its hub, align it over the center of the bowl, twist into position, and push down firmly to lock.
- Adjustable Slicing Disc: The versatile 6-in-1 disc allows for thin to thick slices with 1 to 6mm indicators. This disc may be used only in the large bowl. When using your large bowl, position the stem adapter over the center of the bowl, twist into position, and push down to lock. If using the adjustable slicing disc, use the rotating hub and indicator markings to select the slicing thickness. Using the finger holes, align and insert the disc over the stem adapter.
- Reversible Shredding Disc: Provides the option of either fine or medium shredding for optimal results. This disc may be used only in the large bowl. When using your large bowl, position the stem adapter over the center of the bowl, twist into position and push down to lock. Determine whether the fine or medium size (using the indicator markings to select thickness) use the plastic hub to twist into position on the stem adapter. The finger holes may be used for removal of this disc.
- Stem Adapter: This user friendly tool easily attaches to either disc or small chopping/mixing blade to engage the motor shaft.
- Cord Storage: Keeps countertops safe and clean by conveniently wrapping excess cord under the unit.
Cleaning and Storage
All parts except the housing base are dishwasher safe, and recommend washing on the top rack only. The housing base may be wiped clean with a soapy, non-abrasive material and dry after cleaning. If you wash the blades and discs by hand, do it carefully as their cutting edges are very sharp. For your safety remember when handling, use the plastic hubs on the blades and finger holes for the discs.
Bringing the Good Life Home
Cuisinart products are designed to make life delicious all day long, offering today's consumers a variety of menu options, and fun and easy new ways to entertain family and friends.
Cuisinart first came into home kitchens over 30 years ago when it introduced the now legendary food processor. People discovered that routines could be broken and creative cooking quickly became part of the new lifestyle. Preparing fresh ingredients with products that offered easy and interesting new techniques meant healthier meals and more free time.
Today Cuisinart develops products to make every meal memorable. From breakfast toast and coffee to elegant five-course dinners, the preparation and cooking have become a pleasurable part of the total experience. Today's relaxed lifestyles and the convenience of Cuisinart products make it easier than ever to Savor the Good Life, right at home with family and friends.
Top Customer Reviews
Here's the issue. My version of this food processor (purchased in Feb of 2011) came with a work bowl cover that has a non-removable seal. This is a problem because food gets stuck under the seal and molds. Soaking it in bleach doesn't solve the problem. It's a health and safety problem and disgusting at the very least. Also, the little springs the press the seal into place on the work bowl when the cover is in place have slipped out of place and gotten lost, presumably in some batch of hummus, which can contribute to some awkward meals.
I've learned that the newer versions of this model have addressed this issue with a re-designed work bowl cover that features a removable seal. Just pull it off, wash the whole thing. Problem solved.
My first contact with Cuisinart was promising. Although my product was out of warranty, they told me that I could order a replacement cover and that it would come with a removable seal. It wasn't cheap, (fully 1/3 the cost of an entirely new machine) but I figured it was worth it to avoid food poisoning or a chipped tooth. As a bonus, they promised me a complete set of plastics that were BPA-free with my order. A few weeks later, the parts arrived, but they were identical to what I already had. So, I called to return them for the correct part.
A few more weeks, another new part arrived, this time with a removable seal, but the wrong color. I returned them, only to receive the original part again without the removable seal. Since then, I've contacted Cuisinart customer service 14 times and, according to my phone bill, logged five hours and eleven minutes on the phone with them. They have told me that they shipped me the correct parts (they didn't) that there are no parts with a removable seal (I have photographs that prove otherwise), that they didn't know the correct part numbers, that the parts were not in stock and had no delivery dates, that they would have to contact corporate for assistance, that they hadn't heard back from corporate yet and, repeatedly, that I should call back in a few days.
Today, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred into the technical support queue instead of to a supervisor. What started out as a reasonable, if unremarkable response to a product design flaw has turned into an unbelievable Kafkaesque corporate failure that makes me wish I never bought the thing to begin with. I see that the item has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Thank goodness for that.
But, other than that, I like the food processor.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
See the Top Rated food processors in our Food Processor Reviews.