Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cuisinart FRC-800 Rice Plus Multi-Cooker with Fuzz..." and save 50% off the $185.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Cuisinart FRC-800 Rice Plus Multi-Cooker with Fuzzy Logic Technology
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 15-cup rice cooker with fuzzy-logic technology for perfectly cooked rice and more
- Push-button control panel; LCD display; pre-programmed menu options
- Programmable finish time; auto keep-warm mode; nonstick aluminum cooking pot
- Includes steaming rack, measuring cup, rice paddle, and recipes; dishwasher-safe parts
- Measures approximately 12-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 10-1/2 inches; 3-year limited warranty
- NOTE: Please ensure to measure rice in the cup that comes along with the product ONLY
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Cuisinart FRC-800 Rice Plus Multi-Cooker with Fuzzy Logic Technology
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||aSavings||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Tokyo Japanese Outlet|
|Item Dimensions||16.5 x 12.25 x 10.5 in||12.4 x 16.9 x 10.8 in||10.1 x 10.7 x 9.9 in||11.22 x 10.83 x 10.83 in||12.3 x 15.9 x 10.5 in||8 x 14 x 10 in|
|Material Type||man-made-material||Aluminum||Stainless Steel||Aluminum||Plastic||Stainless Steel|
|Size||—||—||4-Cup||Dimensions: 10.83 x 11.22 x 10.83 (Length x Width x Height)||10.5 x 12.30 x 15.90 "||1.0 Liter|
Take the guesswork out of making restaurant-quality rice with this easy-to-use rice cooker. The handy appliance produces up to 15 cups of cooked rice--great when cooking for a group of friends or the whole family. Simply add dry rice, measure in the water, make a selection from the simple push-button control panel with a blue backlit LCD display, and push the "start" button. Equipped with advanced fuzzy-logic technology, the unit automatically makes fine adjustments to the temperature and heating time to ensure perfectly cooked rice every time. Choose from a variety of pre-programmed menu options that include six types of rice--white, hard white, soft white, sushi, brown, and risotto, as well as oatmeal, quick cook, slow cook, steam, soup, and reheat. The unit automatically switches to keep-warm mode at the end of the cooking cycle, for up to 24 hours, and its programmable finish time makes it possible to choose when food will be ready to serve. Other highlights include a nonstick aluminum cooking pot, a removable steam release and inner lid, and dishwasher-safe parts for quick cleanup. Accessories include a steaming rack, measuring cup, rice paddle and spoon, and basic gourmet recipes for getting started. The cooker measures approximately 12-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 10-1/2 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
The benefits of fuzzy logic are clear with Cuisinart! Whether you are cooking rice, soup, oatmeal, or risotto, simmering a stew or steaming your favorite vegetables, our highly intelligent Rice Plus multi-cooker automatically adjusts the heat and timing for perfect results every time. It’s easy to use, has an extra large capacity and is beautiful to look at. Now that’s a smart way to cook.
Smart and User-Friendly Design
| Smart Design: A locking outer lid, inner lid and steam release insert work together to ensure the ideal cooking environment. The inner lid and stem insert detach for easy cleaning. The handle stays cool during use and the power cord is removable for easy storage. |
Easy To Use Control Panel: Controls are extra large and clearly marked to make the multifunctional steam/cooker exceptionally easy to read. The advanced fuzzy logic technology is engineered with programming that precisely adjusts temperature and timing as needed.
Aluminum Cooking Pot: Extra thick, dishwasher-safe pot with convenient measure marks on the nonstick interior for accurately measuring portions of both wet and dry ingredients. The pot holds up to 8 cups of uncooked rice, and yields up to 15 cups of cooked rice.
Convenient Presets: Preset controls for hard or soft white rice, brown rice, sushi and risotto, plus oatmeal, soup, steam, slow cook and quick cook. Includes a programmable finish time option and keep warm setting. The wide variety of preset cooking and menu options are organized into a simple, yet elegant, control panel.
As Simple as 1, 2, 3
|1.First, pick your function: |
2. Start Cooking: Fill the cooking pot with the ingredients and select the appropriate menu function by pressing the menu button. Your current selection will be displayed on the LCD screen. To start cooking immediately, press the Start button. To start cooking with a delay, set your cooker to finish cooking at a specific time. Press and hold the Finish Time button until the four digit Ready Time display begins to flash. You are now in the Finish Time set mode. Use the Hour and Minute button to select the desired Ready Time. Hold the button down to scroll through the digits, or press and release to advance one digit at a time. Be sure PM indicator is on if a PM time is desired. Then press the Start button. The blue Finish Time LED will light. The Ready Time will be displayed. When the unit begins to cook, the Finish Time LED will turn off and the Start LED will light.
3. During and after cooking: The current time will be displayed during the first portion of the cooking process. A tone will sound and the Remaining Time will count down when there are approximately 10 to 15 minutes remaining in the process. Once cooking time has expired, the unit will automatically switch to Keep Warm. The blue Keep Warm Led will light and the LCD will display the remaining Keep Warm Time. The unit will remain on Keep Warm for up to 24 hours. To turn of the unit at any time press the Off button. Once you are ready to serve, press the Lid Release button to open and lift and removing the cooking pot with pot holders.
Bringing the Good Life Home
Cuisinart products are designed to make life delicious all day long. Specialty items, like the multi-cooker, offer today’s consumers a variety of menu options, and fun and easy new ways to entertain family and friends.
Cuisinart first came into home kitchens over 30 years ago when it introduced the now legendary food processor. People discovered that routines could be broken and creative cooking quickly became part of the new lifestyle. Preparing fresh ingredients with products that offered easy and interesting new techniques meant healthier meals and more free time.
Today Cuisinart develops products to make every meal memorable. From breakfast toast and coffee to elegant five-course dinners, the preparation and cooking have become a pleasurable part of the total experience. Today’s relaxed lifestyles and the convenience of Cuisinart products make it easier than ever to Savor the Good Life, right at home with family and friends.
Top customer reviews
The easy to read display doesn't tell you how many minutes it will take to cook your rice choice. You have to read through the instruction booklet to find out how long each cycle is. A countdown function of remaining time would have been really nice. The first time I made brown rice my family waited almost 2 hours to eat dinner.
This machine doesn't do the extra stuff very well. I made 1 cup of steel cut (Irish) oatmeal with 2 cups of water in a machine designed to hold 8 cups of water. The frothy water boiled over, out of the steam hole, and into the electronics board. It fried the circuit board. Fortunately the unit comes with a 3 years, no questions asked warranty. Cuisinart sent me a replacement unit for $10 shipping/handling.
The slow cooker function runs on the equivalent of "high" temperature for a slow cooker. They don't tell you that in the user manual. When you use the unit on slow cooker, the first 10 minutes of the cycle sautes whatever you put in the pan. This is useful if you need to brown meat or onions.
I love Cuisinart but this one doesn't live up to the usual quality of Cuisinart products. I have the machine and will use it 'till it dies, but I don't know if I would buy another.
Got this for my wife who is vegetarian and thought it might help her with her meals and cooking.
She seems to like it ok so far.
The directions are not always real clear and the included recipes could use a little help. They are not always clear or real accurate. It pays to experiment with seasonings.
It does do rice well though. After fiddling with some of the recipes in the included book she got those to come out pretty well. One recipe though had you still adding ingredients when it thought that the cooking was done. Not good.
Clean up is easy.
Rice doesn't stick, all rice keeps in a same good condition for all you cook.
By the way, I think fuzy logic stuff is just a relay activated by a temperature sensor :) this keeps the rice cooked in a uniform temperature cooking time.