BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 30, 2013
I often cook for one and have a lack of kitchen space so I have searched for something that works for sandwiches and as a mini-grill for some time. After trying some others that were lacking or settling for one that does one or the other I finally have what I wanted.

This has lots of great features.

-the non stick surface is actually non stick
-you can remove the grilling plates and put them in the dishwasher
-easy to clean surface
-cooks and grills evenly
-easy to set for whatever you're cooking
-warms up quickly
-stores in very little space
-outside is easily cleaned

This is great if you aren't a great cook (I'm not) and if you need to have a minimum amount of gadgets in your kitchen (I do).

Would have been excellent in my college dorm and frankly for all it does and as good as it does it this is a really terrific bargain as well.
0Comment| 278 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2016
Absolutely love this grill. It is very compact and takes the same space as an oversized toaster. It is very quick to heat up. The clean up is a breeze with the removable plate. I only wash them by hand. The size is good for one, max two servings. A must have tool who wants a quick and painless dinner in 10 minutes (that's how long got takes to cook a chicken breast. Twice as less for salmon).
on March 12, 2017
Fantastic for grilling chicken breasts. Clean up is easy and dishwasher safe.
on July 19, 2014
This grill is well made and good for a quick meal. It is easy to clean and when used as a grill will take 4 to 5 pieces of meat. Used as a press it will only hold 2 burgers. It has no timer or on/off switch. For that reason I only gave it 3 stars.
on May 8, 2013
This is my third panini press purchase over the last 5 years. I have purchased two other panini products that did not have removable plates and were very difficult to clean. After a period of time I had to dispose of both because the food/grease buildup became excessive in spite of regular wiping down, scraping, and all other 'dry' methods of cleaning. This panini press heats up quickly, fits 2 sandwiches, and cleans thoroughly with both plates popping out with ease. My only complaint (and this has been an issue with all the panini presses I have owned) is that they heat at a higher rate in the back of the press so I have to flip the sandwiches for even cooking.

I highly recommend this product and will only buy removable plate products in the future!
0Comment| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2016
The removable plates are wonderful! I like that you can cook open or folded. I wish i could set and see the temperature as it does seem to cook at a lower heat than my previous grill. My son uses this religiously to cook sandwiches and sausage. I do wish that it had flat plates to change to and it would be great if it were larger.
on March 7, 2017
This item arrived damaged. The box, and the top of the grill are dented. I contacted Amazon customer service and they did provide a discount due to the damage and I kept the item. A++ to the Amazon customer service team for avoiding a return!
The grill itself is amazing. This is better than any George Foreman grill I have ever owned. It is small enough to fit on my small countertops but if I need more space I can open it up flat!
on August 5, 2017
The handle broke after the 5th use. Also I don't like the taste of the sandwich when grilled on here. I've tried several different ways (olive oil, butter, canola) and it tastes better to me when just grilled on the pan. But it does exactly as described so still 3 stars as maybe I'm just picky about how my sandwiches taste. I don't really understand how the grill could make it taste bland but it seems to.
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2014
Panini sandwiches have gotten my attention lately and this Cusinart panini press has satisfied my craving.

The press is quite small, but it can easily handle two good sized sandwiches. I usually make mine with sourdough bread so you can judge the size of the sandwiches. The bread toasts nicely on both sides and the ingredients are done nicely. I've also pressed chicken in it and it does everything a Foreman grill can do.

The best thing about it, according to my wife, is that the two grills easily flip out and can be cleaned quite easily. Unlike the Foreman grill that can be challenging to clean, the Cuisinart gives you three easy pieces that rinse off easily and quickly. The machine is quite small and looks good sitting on our counter. I think it was worth the price.
on March 13, 2016
Bought this on a whim because we are trying to eat fewer meals out on weekends and this allows me to make "restaurant quality" panini at home. Given that I have enough small appliances to sink a ship, I am grateful for the small profile of this machine (easy to tuck away after each use). It is well constructed, fast, easy to use and the pop-out plates make clean up (dishwasher safe) FAST/SIMPLE. My only reservation (for not giving 5 stars) is that the small profile is a double-edged sword for this family of 4. It can only make 2 sandwiches on regular-size bread at a time (or 1 sandwich on oversized bread).