YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 442 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on May 8, 2013
This is my third panini press purchase over the last 5 years. I have purchased two other panini products that did not have removable plates and were very difficult to clean. After a period of time I had to dispose of both because the food/grease buildup became excessive in spite of regular wiping down, scraping, and all other 'dry' methods of cleaning. This panini press heats up quickly, fits 2 sandwiches, and cleans thoroughly with both plates popping out with ease. My only complaint (and this has been an issue with all the panini presses I have owned) is that they heat at a higher rate in the back of the press so I have to flip the sandwiches for even cooking.

I highly recommend this product and will only buy removable plate products in the future!
0Comment| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2013
Just love the simplicity of this Guisinart GR-11 Griddler. We received this griddler a couple of weeks ago and have used it almost every day since because it makes an ordinary sandwich just so special and it takes only minutes! Also the ease of cleaning is a bonus because the griddle plates eject so nicely. We liked it so much we ordered one for our friends and they are thoroughly enjoying it also!! The Food Network has 50 Panini recipes and the sky is the limit on what you can put in your sandwiches and I suggest trying all different types of breads, what fun!

We like the size of it because we can make two hefty sandwiches with no problem; if you have a larger family you may want to consider a larger unit.
Pat Chieppo
Jensen Beach, FL & Wallingford, CT
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2014
I tend to want to eat immediately upon noticing I'm hungry. Weird? Sure. But it mean's I never got into grilling. Cooking the coals before you can even start cooking food!? Not for me. If I cooked meat, it needed to be able to be cooked on the stove top, or be something I cooked in the oven when I wasn't hungry, and reheated in the microwave when I was. (Turning on the oven in Texas in the summer is not something I generally tend to do, which further limited my options :-p.) That is why I love this grill. Chicken, fish (wrapped in foil), burgers, fajita meat, whatever; it's all ready 20 minutes after I decided I want food. I plug the grill in to preheat while I season whatever I'm grilling, through the food on the grill, and by the time I've prepared the rest of my meal (i.e. microwaved some veggies and blended a sorbet), the meat is ready, and always delicious! (And certainly not to my credit...as you may have guessed reading this review, I'm not a skilled cook. ;-) ). Quick, easy, good food. It can cook either one split chicken breast, two burgers, a couple filets of fish, or half a dozen sausage links in one go, which is great, but if you're cooking for more than a couple adults and a small child, you may need a larger grill.
on June 9, 2013
After reading many different reviews on grills and panini presses I decided to go with this one and I am very glad I did.
Its a good size for 2 people.... you can easily make 2 sandwiches together. Now I bought it to make paninis, but little did I know I was going to love it as I grill too!! Ive made boneless chicken breasts and steaks to perfection! 2 boneless chicken breasts or 2 boneless sirloin steaks fit perfectly in it and takes 10 minutes or less. Quick and easy, just the way I like it.
Also cleanup is a breeze!! The removable plates make it so easy to clean. And nothing seems to stick to them. A damp cloth easily cleans everything off.
Made sturdy and a great price, I highly recommend this little grill to anyone
on November 30, 2014
This is the first time that I have written a review on an Amazon product. Nothing has been worth the time before, but I feel it is my duty to warn others before they buy this product (Cusinart Griddler) The removable plates do not re-attach correctly. The upper one keeps falling down. I have read the instructions and tried many times to make sure it was not something that I was doing. I saw other reviews that said this was a problem, but ignored them. I would NOT buy this product again..
on July 8, 2013
Both removable plates pop off when they shouldn't. This is very dangerous if the press is hot. It's being returned. I contacted Cuisinart customer service by email and got no response.
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2013
A friend of mine "borrowed" my old GF grill for a "party", and the rat b@$+@rd never returned it. So, I bought the Cuisinart GR-11 and LOVE it.

It's small and the plates are removable for the dishwasher.

This is a hundred times better than my GF purchase.

I love it!
44 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2013
It is a small beautiful, professional looking griddler. it uses almost no storage space, very easy to clean. I am in love with it
on May 23, 2013
I've been looking for a replacement for my old George Foreman grill. This grill was way too small for my use. It also did not get hot enough to cook something as small as a chicken breast. Maybe this is intended only for grilling sandwiches. I have read the reviews of nearly every grill on Amazon and some other sites. This just seems to be a product category where no one has figured out how to make a good quality product.
on October 17, 2013
I heat the press after checking to make sure the grates are in place. Then after it is hot before I load my sandwich the plates separate. Every time. I am throwing it away. I used the original Griddler (GR-1) for 10 years and was happy with it until the coating started wearing off. I replaced it with this model. The original is still for sale but it is $89! I decided to go with Breville BSG520XL Panini Duo 1500-Watt Nonstick Panini Press instead. I think removable plates are overrated.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.