Lyft Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on January 30, 2013
I often cook for one and have a lack of kitchen space so I have searched for something that works for sandwiches and as a mini-grill for some time. After trying some others that were lacking or settling for one that does one or the other I finally have what I wanted.

This has lots of great features.

-the non stick surface is actually non stick
-you can remove the grilling plates and put them in the dishwasher
-easy to clean surface
-cooks and grills evenly
-easy to set for whatever you're cooking
-warms up quickly
-stores in very little space
-outside is easily cleaned

This is great if you aren't a great cook (I'm not) and if you need to have a minimum amount of gadgets in your kitchen (I do).

Would have been excellent in my college dorm and frankly for all it does and as good as it does it this is a really terrific bargain as well.
0Comment| 284 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2013
This is my third panini press purchase over the last 5 years. I have purchased two other panini products that did not have removable plates and were very difficult to clean. After a period of time I had to dispose of both because the food/grease buildup became excessive in spite of regular wiping down, scraping, and all other 'dry' methods of cleaning. This panini press heats up quickly, fits 2 sandwiches, and cleans thoroughly with both plates popping out with ease. My only complaint (and this has been an issue with all the panini presses I have owned) is that they heat at a higher rate in the back of the press so I have to flip the sandwiches for even cooking.

I highly recommend this product and will only buy removable plate products in the future!
0Comment| 195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 12, 2017
Fantastic for grilling chicken breasts. Clean up is easy and dishwasher safe.
on October 11, 2016
Absolutely love this grill. It is very compact and takes the same space as an oversized toaster. It is very quick to heat up. The clean up is a breeze with the removable plate. I only wash them by hand. The size is good for one, max two servings. A must have tool who wants a quick and painless dinner in 10 minutes (that's how long got takes to cook a chicken breast. Twice as less for salmon).
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2014
Panini sandwiches have gotten my attention lately and this Cusinart panini press has satisfied my craving.

The press is quite small, but it can easily handle two good sized sandwiches. I usually make mine with sourdough bread so you can judge the size of the sandwiches. The bread toasts nicely on both sides and the ingredients are done nicely. I've also pressed chicken in it and it does everything a Foreman grill can do.

The best thing about it, according to my wife, is that the two grills easily flip out and can be cleaned quite easily. Unlike the Foreman grill that can be challenging to clean, the Cuisinart gives you three easy pieces that rinse off easily and quickly. The machine is quite small and looks good sitting on our counter. I think it was worth the price.
on March 16, 2017
We just rented a flat in Italy for a month. The flat had a really great panini press. So, in a month I may have used the thing 30 or 40 times! I loved it! So, that's what I'm comparing this product to, which may not be fair. The one in Italy heated more evenly than this one. It seems that it was hotter...and got up to temp quicker. It got the bread "toasty" quicker. It had more space between the plates so we could cut the fresh bread nice and thick, load up a hearty sandwich, and still fit it between the heating plates evenly.

The Cuisinart GR-11 doesn't allow for a very thick sandwich (don't expect to be able to heat/grill your sub from Subway.) A thick sandwich CAN be compressed if you don't mind it being somewhat flattened out..."smooshed." In this regard, understand that the top plate is not actually free floating to any large degree. This means that when you DO try to grill a thicker sandwich, the rear of the top plate makes contact first and then sort of folds forward. This in turn pushes the top piece of bread/bun off the sandwich a bit and can cause some ingredients to push off the sandwich and on to the grill surface. The GR-11, by comparison to the Italian one, seems to really take it's own sweet time. It takes longer to get up to heat and longer to grill your bread. I haven't timed it with a stop watch or anything but but I've been pretty surprised when I've left it and come back several times only to find it's still not looking all that "toasted". (I have found that this is partially because the top plate doesn't seem to get as hot as the bottom...for example you can see nice grill marks on the bottom when they haven't appeared much on the top yet.)

Other than what's described above, everything else was just fine. No problem with the removable plates as other reviewers have stated and for your basic grilled cheese sandwich on sliced white bread I think it would perform satisfactorily.

I have made at least a half dozen sandwiches and English muffins with this unit and, although it does an okay job, it doesn't do an excellent job. If you're content with "okay", buy it and it will be "okay." If you've used really good ones, this will probably disappoint you a little.
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 7, 2017
This item arrived damaged. The box, and the top of the grill are dented. I contacted Amazon customer service and they did provide a discount due to the damage and I kept the item. A++ to the Amazon customer service team for avoiding a return!
The grill itself is amazing. This is better than any George Foreman grill I have ever owned. It is small enough to fit on my small countertops but if I need more space I can open it up flat!
on November 30, 2014
This is the first time that I have written a review on an Amazon product. Nothing has been worth the time before, but I feel it is my duty to warn others before they buy this product (Cusinart Griddler) The removable plates do not re-attach correctly. The upper one keeps falling down. I have read the instructions and tried many times to make sure it was not something that I was doing. I saw other reviews that said this was a problem, but ignored them. I would NOT buy this product again..
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 27, 2013
Excellent because it truly does it's job of creating amazing panini sandwiches. I bring it work and we have panini parties (no lie). The removable plates are outstanding and make it super easy to clean.

The flaw - when you push the side option to create the presser to fold (for grilling purposes) or even as you're making paninis - the temperature goes from green to red (cook ready to not ready). It's very annoying and you have to wait until it turns green again. I leave my food in there, and it eventually turns green, it just takes too long sometimes.

Other than that minor (not really minor), I'd definitely recommend this bad boy.
on March 13, 2016
Bought this on a whim because we are trying to eat fewer meals out on weekends and this allows me to make "restaurant quality" panini at home. Given that I have enough small appliances to sink a ship, I am grateful for the small profile of this machine (easy to tuck away after each use). It is well constructed, fast, easy to use and the pop-out plates make clean up (dishwasher safe) FAST/SIMPLE. My only reservation (for not giving 5 stars) is that the small profile is a double-edged sword for this family of 4. It can only make 2 sandwiches on regular-size bread at a time (or 1 sandwich on oversized bread).