Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe, Brushed Stainless
Style Name: Griddler Deluxe|Change

on October 9, 2013
I live in an apartment and only cook for myself, I haven't used the stove since I received the griddler. I have prepared 1" steaks to perfection, hamburgers, pork chops, chicken, and even pancakes with delicious results. The temperature control allows me to time how long to leave the food on the griddler without burning or guessing. The sear function provides a beautiful grill sear that competes with even the best steak houses. The adjustable height allows me to set the top grill just on top of the food without squishing out all of the juice leaving me with great tasting and juicy burgers. I also like how the top "floats" on the food so it cooks the top evenly. When you flip the grill grate to the other side you have a nice griddle that works perfect for pancakes, eggs, and fish.

The price for the unit seemed a little high but I'm very pleased that I decided to spend the extra. The construction of the unit is very sturdy. The plates attach/detach very easily. It has stood up to my daily use and I believe will continue to for awhile.

TLDR; Expensive but a great buy!
99 comments| 353 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2014
This is definitely a good upgrade from your standard George Foreman grills.
I've used it about a dozen times already in the couple weeks I've had it - done fish, burgers, chicken, steak.

Pros -
I was impressed by the warmup time, and how it could maintain that temperature through the cooking process - something my old GF grill could not do. Cleanup is easy too so far.

Cons -
My main complaint is that when you have the top plate floating in the closed position, and then you open it... the top plate will be positioned such that junk will drip down onto your countertop, not the drip tray. You also should make sure it doesn't trip hot grease onto the power cable. See my attached picture. You can avoid this by locking the top plate everytime you open it.

Tip -
Make sure your meat is pretty dry if you want it to get browned. If you slop a soaking wet piece of marinated meat on there, you can't expect it to brown - it will just be sitting in a puddle of liquid and won't brown. The slots on the plates aren't too tall.

In summary - great, but not perfect. It seems like a quality appliance. I expect it to last a long time.
review imagereview image
22 comments| 178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2013
I normally don't do reviews but this product deserves one. Everything I was missing in my old griddle came true here. The detachable and dishwasher safe plates are awesome, so is the temperature control knobs with light indicator that goes green when set temperature is met. The size is small enough to fit in my kitchen space, yet expands to have two griddlers space. I can't think of any negative about this griddle. Absolutely, superior product to my old George forman.
0Comment| 203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2016
I actually loved it but it broke! I have only had it since Oct 2015 (four months), and one of the prongs to the upper plate came off with the plate????? Very shoddy for a lot of $$$$$ Also I emailed the pics and a request for contact and they never called or responded. However I did calll them Monday only to have someone tell me I would be charged shipping both ways for them to honor their warranty. REALLY? When I asked I was told it states this on their warranty that I am responsible for shipping. This item is heavy so think twice, then go buy a Foreman grill or any other Brand!

Also rethink the Canopy warranty they are no help, you pay for two years but the first year is covered by Cuisinart so you only really get one year coverage. I am still trying to reach Cuisinart to get this resolved.
on June 7, 2014
I bought this griddler - originally I was shopping for a flat griddler to make pancakes, bacon, fish and hamburgers. After doing a lot of online searching I settled on this double sided griddler. I liked the flexibility of this tool since you can change the plates to a grill or griddle, also you can open it up flat, or use as a double sided grill. I liked that this was a compact tool that I can leave on my counter rather than having to pull in and out of storage when I want to use it. I wasn't expecting to use the two sided grill much, but have been using it a lot more than expected.

We use it to make quick hamburgers, grill fish and even warm up leftover pizza. The trick that we use to warm up pizza is to use the hoover feature on the double sided grill. The bottom flat plate helps crisp the crust, and the top plat you can set just above the food, not touching it - which I hadn't heard of before buying this, and the offset heat helps melt and warm the cheese and toppings. It works better than the microwave, that would make the bottom soggy and is quicker than our oven.

This is a counter top appliance we use again and again to make weeknight dinners fast and easier.
on October 3, 2017
We've had this for six months. It is amazing for grilling and for pancakes. It opens and closes easily, once you get the hang of it. The searing function really works. Just don't put marinating liquid on the grill when you sear, that negatively effects the sear. If you live in apartment, can't grill outside and are short on space this Griddler Deluxe is the ticket! There are no less hot spots on the grill or griddle. It is easy to clean. Get it!
on May 14, 2017
Can't say enough about it! I love the reversible, removable plates. Dual side, adjustable heating option is a great feature. I can even open the top under the cabinets. Amazing upgrade from the cheaper ones I have used (and worn out) over the years. It stays on the counter all the time. Note: the edges of the plates get hot too, I'm a klutz & keep brushing against them.
on December 29, 2015
This is much bigger than the standard griddler. Got over the holidays and we used a lot to make sandwiches from leftovers. temperature evenness on upper griddle is not perfect but good enough. You can do anything with this - panini, pizza (yes frozen pizza works well), pancakes, bacon (panini side puts grill marks on your bacon!), etc. No waffle plates available but that's OK I have a round hotel-style belgian waffle iron.
on February 20, 2015
This is a great appliance. We have used it almost every night since we got it and are very pleased. It seems to do everything that is claimed, and it does a great job of it. I like that you can easily fit two, and maybe even three sandwiches on it at once. I was concerned that the plates might have cold spots, but I grill a lot of vegetables and temperature seems even. I really like the dual controls and the versatility of the two-sided plates. The one thing this is missing is waffle plates. I like that the top can hover so you can melt cheese on an open-faced sandwich. My husband figured out a way to use it as a warmer too. Once your food is cooked, wrap it in a foil packet and put the packet back on the grill set on a low temperature. Close the lid and have it just hover over the packet. The only con is that it is somewhat time consuming to clean. You DO have to use some kind of oil or your food will stick. I never use regular cooking oil or spray on the plates because in time they would become sticky and really impossible to clean. We only use coconut oil and it cleans up nicely. That being said, it is still a bit of work to clean the ridged plates to my satisfaction. (I would never run the plates through a dishwasher even though the instructions say you could.) I use the tool that came with it, then I also use a plastic scrubber (because the tool only gets so much). I follow that with a paper towel along all of the ridges. The flat side is a breeze to clean and I find I am using it more than the other side. I can forgo the grill marks to make clean-up easier. ;-)
on May 7, 2017
I like this grill. It heats up well. I actually don't need to sear. I just cook it at the proper temp and it sears well. It's easy to clean I wash with soap and water while the grill it still warm, so it's easier to remove the char. What I don't like is that it takes a little too long to heat up. It should be faster at heating up. Overall, it's a good grill.