Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Style Name: Griddler Deluxe|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,011 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,093 reviews
on October 9, 2013
I live in an apartment and only cook for myself, I haven't used the stove since I received the griddler. I have prepared 1" steaks to perfection, hamburgers, pork chops, chicken, and even pancakes with delicious results. The temperature control allows me to time how long to leave the food on the griddler without burning or guessing. The sear function provides a beautiful grill sear that competes with even the best steak houses. The adjustable height allows me to set the top grill just on top of the food without squishing out all of the juice leaving me with great tasting and juicy burgers. I also like how the top "floats" on the food so it cooks the top evenly. When you flip the grill grate to the other side you have a nice griddle that works perfect for pancakes, eggs, and fish.

The price for the unit seemed a little high but I'm very pleased that I decided to spend the extra. The construction of the unit is very sturdy. The plates attach/detach very easily. It has stood up to my daily use and I believe will continue to for awhile.

TLDR; Expensive but a great buy!
99 comments| 339 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2014
This is definitely a good upgrade from your standard George Foreman grills.
I've used it about a dozen times already in the couple weeks I've had it - done fish, burgers, chicken, steak.

Pros -
I was impressed by the warmup time, and how it could maintain that temperature through the cooking process - something my old GF grill could not do. Cleanup is easy too so far.

Cons -
My main complaint is that when you have the top plate floating in the closed position, and then you open it... the top plate will be positioned such that junk will drip down onto your countertop, not the drip tray. You also should make sure it doesn't trip hot grease onto the power cable. See my attached picture. You can avoid this by locking the top plate everytime you open it.

Tip -
Make sure your meat is pretty dry if you want it to get browned. If you slop a soaking wet piece of marinated meat on there, you can't expect it to brown - it will just be sitting in a puddle of liquid and won't brown. The slots on the plates aren't too tall.

In summary - great, but not perfect. It seems like a quality appliance. I expect it to last a long time.
review image review image
22 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2014
I bought this to replace a smaller griddler and I just love this. The plates are much easier to switch out (just turn them upside down) and they store with the unit unlike the previous griddler. The heat is uniform and the food comes out great! VERY happy with this purchase.
on October 29, 2013
I normally don't do reviews but this product deserves one. Everything I was missing in my old griddle came true here. The detachable and dishwasher safe plates are awesome, so is the temperature control knobs with light indicator that goes green when set temperature is met. The size is small enough to fit in my kitchen space, yet expands to have two griddlers space. I can't think of any negative about this griddle. Absolutely, superior product to my old George forman.
0Comment| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2014
We purchased this grill after trying 3 others out.
Pros:
1. Cooks evenly on both sides
2. The cook surface is dishwasher safe
3. The timer is perfect.
4. Buttons work very well on.

Cons:
1. Sometimes hard to clean, if you soak it for a long time, it will come off easier.
2. Drip tray doesn't drip correctly. The dripping goes down the back of the appliance, which adds to additional cleaning.
3. The top does not stay in the open position correctly. The locking feature works only part of the time, this is a design flaw. When you open up the appliance, the top will swing forward slightly. Almost caught my hand one time.
11 comment| 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2017
This Griddler is Amazing. Hesitate no longer. I cannot have a gas grill on my patio and I've really been missing my built-in Fire Magic triple burner gas grill. My neighbor got an electric Weber outdoor Grill. Every time they cooked the smell was driving me crazy so I began my research. For outdoor - Weber is really the only way to go but the grill is $300 and the stand is $100. Came across Cuisinart and other indoor grills similar to it. Read the reviews - watched Youtube videos etc. I loved the idea of contact searing on both top and bottom at the same time. Not only is the cook time much faster but you loose less meat juice and the cooking is more consistent throughout and there is no spattering all over the kitchen. It's much easier to understand all the dials and buttons than you would think. The manual tells you exactly what temperature and how long to cook everything leaving out the guesswork and experimentation. So my first meal on the Elite was perfect. And so was the next 3 times times I've used it. It even tells you how to cook Pizza. Looking forward to trying that. It blinks and says "preheat" upper or lower or both on the screen and beeps when hit the set temperature. Set the timer and it beeps again when it's ready. So Easy and fast you won't believe it. I like it much, much better than my outdoor grill. I sit the grill on top of my cold glass cooktop(that I HATE cleaning) and turn on the exhaust fan when grilling meat. The grill gets VERY hot Especially on sear so It will smoke a lot (NOT as much as a gas grill) like anything you would sear in a stainless pan. It seems to me to be of substantial quality and durability. We shall see because I will be using this OFTEN. I never cooked pancakes or french toast because I never had a pan to cook enough at once. You can easy fit 8 Slices of french toast - 4 on each side. It cooks evenly and perfectly at 350 degrees the booklet suggests. The grill plates easily change from one side to the other. Pork chops were an ordeal of searing in stainless pan and braising in the oven for an hour before tender enough to eat. The 1 inch thick chop in the pic was marinated in Allegra and 7-9 minutes later it's ready to rest then eat. I turned it part way to get criss cross grill marks. The booklet did not recommend sear so this was not cooked on sear it was 425 degrees. The difference in color of the french toast is due to the amount of cinnamon each picked up from the batter. The cooking is very even. I'll post more pictures going forward.
review image review image review image review image review image
on July 26, 2016
this model has three nice features that the others lack. One is the adjustable temperatures for each plate. Today I grilled summer squash on one plate and grilled bread on the other. The bread got done first, so I turned down the temp on the bread plate so that everything got done at the same time. Most grills you can't do that. Second is the temperature range...300 degrees, from 200 to 500. That should be enough for anyone, Third is that the heating element is part of the grill plates, not UNDER them. So they heat up quick...1800 watts. Fourth is the digital readouts for both temperature of each plate, and the time, for those of us that need the help. This will be a nice addition to our kitchen. Really versatile.
on October 18, 2016
Bought this in April 2016 and have only used it a few times...maybe a dozen, dozen and a half times...burgers only once and chicken salad sandwiches the rest. I started hearing a sizzling type noise and its something in the bottom plate...it doesnt heat correctly...can toast a sandwich and when the top is brown, the other side hasn't changed color...so disappointed! Will see how they stand behind their product...
on June 21, 2017
My product reviews began at Drake Home Appliances in Manhattan circa 1959. I base my ratings on usability, ease of maintenance, durability, design and comparisons with similar products.

This appliance cannot be rated as a consumer product since it's features are that of a professional device. I've done some extensive testing and it falls short only on two counts. The first is that the unit had a defect when shipped. After writing to customer support explaining that I was able to repair the broken handle and that I would appreciate a replacement of the $15 front bar, there was no attempt to answer me a second time or send me the part.

The only other issue I have is that when the top tray is fully opened the weight of the plate can make the entire unit to fall backwards. When the temperature of the plates reache 475 degrees this could be a dangerous problem. I fixed it on my appliance by attaching a heavy plate to the underside of the unit.

Something that their own product testing should have uncovered.
on May 2, 2014
I am a good cook but I am also extremely clumsy. So far everything is tasty and I haven't set myself on fire nor electrocuted myself with this thing which is a real plus. The product is very well made and appears to be good quality. The non-stick coating seems to be quite durable. There is one issue that you should be aware of. That handle requires a great deal of vertical clearance. My cabinets are 18 inches above the counter with a 12 inch recess. The handle doesn't hit the cabinet above but my hand does. It's a tad awkward. Also this is 1,800 watts. Something to consider. When I tried to use my microwave on the same circuit I blew a fuse. Surprisingly little smoke. Controls are simple and straight forward. They stay cool to the touch as does the handle.

Cooking both sides of stuff at the same time is really neat - no turning and cooking times are reduced. I have had a number of misadventures turning stuff in the past. As I said, I am rather clumsy. Problem solved.

You need to be realistic. This is not a barbecue. You won't get the taste nor crust that charcoal delivers. You will get nice grill marks on everything and a taste that is superior to a broiler. You can use bamboo or wooden skewers without worrying about them burning.

I recommend brushing everything with a little olive oil and then sprinkling with salt and pepper. Medium rare tuna steaks came out perfectly as did rib eye steaks. Skewered sea scallops were incredible. I also did some zucchini. Presumably (based on the zucchini), eggplant would come out great. I started the proteins with the two-minute sear. The veggies I did at the highest temperature. I have not used any of the preset height stops. I let the top come in direct contact with the food. My only dud thus far has been chicken breasts. However, I made chicken paillard by first pounding the breasts and the results were much better.