Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating FFII_gno

Style Name: Griddler Deluxe|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,043 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,125 reviews
on October 9, 2013
I live in an apartment and only cook for myself, I haven't used the stove since I received the griddler. I have prepared 1" steaks to perfection, hamburgers, pork chops, chicken, and even pancakes with delicious results. The temperature control allows me to time how long to leave the food on the griddler without burning or guessing. The sear function provides a beautiful grill sear that competes with even the best steak houses. The adjustable height allows me to set the top grill just on top of the food without squishing out all of the juice leaving me with great tasting and juicy burgers. I also like how the top "floats" on the food so it cooks the top evenly. When you flip the grill grate to the other side you have a nice griddle that works perfect for pancakes, eggs, and fish.

The price for the unit seemed a little high but I'm very pleased that I decided to spend the extra. The construction of the unit is very sturdy. The plates attach/detach very easily. It has stood up to my daily use and I believe will continue to for awhile.

TLDR; Expensive but a great buy!
99 comments| 346 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2014
This is definitely a good upgrade from your standard George Foreman grills.
I've used it about a dozen times already in the couple weeks I've had it - done fish, burgers, chicken, steak.

Pros -
I was impressed by the warmup time, and how it could maintain that temperature through the cooking process - something my old GF grill could not do. Cleanup is easy too so far.

Cons -
My main complaint is that when you have the top plate floating in the closed position, and then you open it... the top plate will be positioned such that junk will drip down onto your countertop, not the drip tray. You also should make sure it doesn't trip hot grease onto the power cable. See my attached picture. You can avoid this by locking the top plate everytime you open it.

Tip -
Make sure your meat is pretty dry if you want it to get browned. If you slop a soaking wet piece of marinated meat on there, you can't expect it to brown - it will just be sitting in a puddle of liquid and won't brown. The slots on the plates aren't too tall.

In summary - great, but not perfect. It seems like a quality appliance. I expect it to last a long time.
review image review image
22 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2013
I normally don't do reviews but this product deserves one. Everything I was missing in my old griddle came true here. The detachable and dishwasher safe plates are awesome, so is the temperature control knobs with light indicator that goes green when set temperature is met. The size is small enough to fit in my kitchen space, yet expands to have two griddlers space. I can't think of any negative about this griddle. Absolutely, superior product to my old George forman.
0Comment| 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2017
Started this adventure by getting a George Foreman Evolve grill at the local Target and was very excited. Plugged it in to get an electrical error message that according to the Interwebs was not uncommon.

Returned it.

Came to Amazon and based on reviews and such bought the Cuisinart Griddler. Loved it upon it's arrival but after a few days a button used to release the upper panel broke off so that mean another return.

At that point of I figured I loved the Griddler so much the investment in the Elite was worth it. A great choice. And crushing in it the kitchen with this thing. Steaks, center cut pork chops, grilled shrimp, the BEST grilled chicken breast, grilled veggies and of course Panini.

The best part? I have a son with some motor skill challenges so if it doesn't go in the oven or the microwave he really can't cook.

Not Now! He's used the Elite Griddler to cook his own Panini and his own hamburgers and to see the smile on his face is worth the price of admission.

A GREAT addition to the kitchen.
on February 23, 2016
The griddler offers an easy method of cooking, though a bit messy around the appliance. It is easy to use, and the grill plates are easy to clean. At first look, it appears to be cheap for the price; so far it has worked without any problems. We have put it on a rigorous test of cooking with the griddler for over a week. The only incomplete part of this is one of the reason we bought it and that is for pancakes and french toast.

We have made paninis, grilled chicken breast, grilled chicken strips, fish, hamburgers, grilled cheese, grilled vegetables, and a few other food items. At this point, everything has worked well. Be careful with overcooking food items for it is dependent upon the food thickness. You can only cook two chicken breasts (pounded out) at a time. Four hamburgers can be made with easy.

Pros:
- The food has cooked as advertised.
- Grill plates are easy to remove and attached.
- Grill plates are easy to clean.
- Faster cooking.

Cons:
- The surrounding area can be sprayed with grease splatter. Recommend covering area.
- The grease splatter covers the appliance.
- It doesn't taste like it was on a grill (Miss that carcinogen flavour).
- Can create a lot of smoke (You're grilling indoors after all).
- I would like a waffle plate, but it is not a killer.
- The user's manual isn't the clearest. I'm still not sure that I'm using the top section correctly. When I'm cooking on top and bottom, the back end tends to rest higher up than the front.
- The adjustment feature is nice, but you must be careful when adjusting for you risk being burned especially when your tried to set the top part when it pops out or needs popped in. (If you buy it, you'll understand what I mean by "pop".)

Okay, I happen to like this. On the list for cooking are pizza, steak, eggs, pancakes, and french toast.
When heating the appliance, the top reaches the peak temperature first. I haven't tried the searing, yet.

Overall, after a few weeks of use, I would recommend this product.
on March 17, 2016
I bought this to replace my original Griddler. I had the first model produced and loved it. This new model is larger and improved in too many ways to list. The sear function and the cheese melting features are incredible! Also love the reversible plates! I'll never use an outdoor grill again. BRAVO!!
on May 30, 2017
We like this for the paninis and the griddle but it also seems good on proteins (and also is good to grill veggies, which we like much better on this vs an outdoor grill). At some point if you have a stove and an outdoor barbecue this is not necessary, still I think it is well made and at least ours seems to work properly. The comments by purchasers that their unit did not work correctly is concerning as this is not cheap and Amazon only protects you for 30 days. I am trying to use mine often during this 30 days so if it is defective I can return it. So far so good.
on August 25, 2016
review image
on May 31, 2016
This is an amazing grill. It's incredibly easy to use and clean. I love the digital display and upper and lower temp controls. The plates pop right out and go right in the upper level of the dishwasher. I have grilled steaks and burgers so far - all with excellent results. I have also done patinas several times with great results. I love the SEAR function as well. I highly recommend this grill.

6/11/16 update : loses one star since one side of the handle has detached from the unit. Superglue took care of that problem but.... Really, cuisinart?
on February 6, 2016
I actually loved it but it broke! I have only had it since Oct 2015 (four months), and one of the prongs to the upper plate came off with the plate????? Very shoddy for a lot of $$$$$ Also I emailed the pics and a request for contact and they never called or responded. However I did calll them Monday only to have someone tell me I would be charged shipping both ways for them to honor their warranty. REALLY? When I asked I was told it states this on their warranty that I am responsible for shipping. This item is heavy so think twice, then go buy a Foreman grill or any other Brand!

Also rethink the Canopy warranty they are no help, you pay for two years but the first year is covered by Cuisinart so you only really get one year coverage. I am still trying to reach Cuisinart to get this resolved.