BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe, Brushed Stainless
Style Name: Griddler Deluxe|Change

on October 9, 2013
I live in an apartment and only cook for myself, I haven't used the stove since I received the griddler. I have prepared 1" steaks to perfection, hamburgers, pork chops, chicken, and even pancakes with delicious results. The temperature control allows me to time how long to leave the food on the griddler without burning or guessing. The sear function provides a beautiful grill sear that competes with even the best steak houses. The adjustable height allows me to set the top grill just on top of the food without squishing out all of the juice leaving me with great tasting and juicy burgers. I also like how the top "floats" on the food so it cooks the top evenly. When you flip the grill grate to the other side you have a nice griddle that works perfect for pancakes, eggs, and fish.

The price for the unit seemed a little high but I'm very pleased that I decided to spend the extra. The construction of the unit is very sturdy. The plates attach/detach very easily. It has stood up to my daily use and I believe will continue to for awhile.

TLDR; Expensive but a great buy!
99 comments| 351 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2014
This is definitely a good upgrade from your standard George Foreman grills.
I've used it about a dozen times already in the couple weeks I've had it - done fish, burgers, chicken, steak.

Pros -
I was impressed by the warmup time, and how it could maintain that temperature through the cooking process - something my old GF grill could not do. Cleanup is easy too so far.

Cons -
My main complaint is that when you have the top plate floating in the closed position, and then you open it... the top plate will be positioned such that junk will drip down onto your countertop, not the drip tray. You also should make sure it doesn't trip hot grease onto the power cable. See my attached picture. You can avoid this by locking the top plate everytime you open it.

Tip -
Make sure your meat is pretty dry if you want it to get browned. If you slop a soaking wet piece of marinated meat on there, you can't expect it to brown - it will just be sitting in a puddle of liquid and won't brown. The slots on the plates aren't too tall.

In summary - great, but not perfect. It seems like a quality appliance. I expect it to last a long time.
review image review image
22 comments| 171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 29, 2013
I normally don't do reviews but this product deserves one. Everything I was missing in my old griddle came true here. The detachable and dishwasher safe plates are awesome, so is the temperature control knobs with light indicator that goes green when set temperature is met. The size is small enough to fit in my kitchen space, yet expands to have two griddlers space. I can't think of any negative about this griddle. Absolutely, superior product to my old George forman.
0Comment| 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2016
I actually loved it but it broke! I have only had it since Oct 2015 (four months), and one of the prongs to the upper plate came off with the plate????? Very shoddy for a lot of $$$$$ Also I emailed the pics and a request for contact and they never called or responded. However I did calll them Monday only to have someone tell me I would be charged shipping both ways for them to honor their warranty. REALLY? When I asked I was told it states this on their warranty that I am responsible for shipping. This item is heavy so think twice, then go buy a Foreman grill or any other Brand!

Also rethink the Canopy warranty they are no help, you pay for two years but the first year is covered by Cuisinart so you only really get one year coverage. I am still trying to reach Cuisinart to get this resolved.
on February 23, 2016
The griddler offers an easy method of cooking, though a bit messy around the appliance. It is easy to use, and the grill plates are easy to clean. At first look, it appears to be cheap for the price; so far it has worked without any problems. We have put it on a rigorous test of cooking with the griddler for over a week. The only incomplete part of this is one of the reason we bought it and that is for pancakes and french toast.

We have made paninis, grilled chicken breast, grilled chicken strips, fish, hamburgers, grilled cheese, grilled vegetables, and a few other food items. At this point, everything has worked well. Be careful with overcooking food items for it is dependent upon the food thickness. You can only cook two chicken breasts (pounded out) at a time. Four hamburgers can be made with easy.

Pros:
- The food has cooked as advertised.
- Grill plates are easy to remove and attached.
- Grill plates are easy to clean.
- Faster cooking.

Cons:
- The surrounding area can be sprayed with grease splatter. Recommend covering area.
- The grease splatter covers the appliance.
- It doesn't taste like it was on a grill (Miss that carcinogen flavour).
- Can create a lot of smoke (You're grilling indoors after all).
- I would like a waffle plate, but it is not a killer.
- The user's manual isn't the clearest. I'm still not sure that I'm using the top section correctly. When I'm cooking on top and bottom, the back end tends to rest higher up than the front.
- The adjustment feature is nice, but you must be careful when adjusting for you risk being burned especially when your tried to set the top part when it pops out or needs popped in. (If you buy it, you'll understand what I mean by "pop".)

Okay, I happen to like this. On the list for cooking are pizza, steak, eggs, pancakes, and french toast.
When heating the appliance, the top reaches the peak temperature first. I haven't tried the searing, yet.

Overall, after a few weeks of use, I would recommend this product.
on October 10, 2017
I have mastered counter grill cooking since I live in a very warm weather state. We warm up pizza, cook veggies and most meals on this grill. The upper and lower different controls along with the top riser is a game changer.

It has a sear push button that heats very fast. I sear the meat and then turn it down to cook. It also works well to make a crispy grilled cheese

The drip tray in the back is ample size and much cleaner than the model below this one.
on October 3, 2017
We've had this for six months. It is amazing for grilling and for pancakes. It opens and closes easily, once you get the hang of it. The searing function really works. Just don't put marinating liquid on the grill when you sear, that negatively effects the sear. If you live in apartment, can't grill outside and are short on space this Griddler Deluxe is the ticket! There are no less hot spots on the grill or griddle. It is easy to clean. Get it!
on August 25, 2016
review image
on May 14, 2017
Can't say enough about it! I love the reversible, removable plates. Dual side, adjustable heating option is a great feature. I can even open the top under the cabinets. Amazing upgrade from the cheaper ones I have used (and worn out) over the years. It stays on the counter all the time. Note: the edges of the plates get hot too, I'm a klutz & keep brushing against them.
on December 29, 2015
This is much bigger than the standard griddler. Got over the holidays and we used a lot to make sandwiches from leftovers. temperature evenness on upper griddle is not perfect but good enough. You can do anything with this - panini, pizza (yes frozen pizza works well), pancakes, bacon (panini side puts grill marks on your bacon!), etc. No waffle plates available but that's OK I have a round hotel-style belgian waffle iron.