Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe, Brushed Stainless
Style Name: Griddler Deluxe|Change

on October 9, 2013
I live in an apartment and only cook for myself, I haven't used the stove since I received the griddler. I have prepared 1" steaks to perfection, hamburgers, pork chops, chicken, and even pancakes with delicious results. The temperature control allows me to time how long to leave the food on the griddler without burning or guessing. The sear function provides a beautiful grill sear that competes with even the best steak houses. The adjustable height allows me to set the top grill just on top of the food without squishing out all of the juice leaving me with great tasting and juicy burgers. I also like how the top "floats" on the food so it cooks the top evenly. When you flip the grill grate to the other side you have a nice griddle that works perfect for pancakes, eggs, and fish.

The price for the unit seemed a little high but I'm very pleased that I decided to spend the extra. The construction of the unit is very sturdy. The plates attach/detach very easily. It has stood up to my daily use and I believe will continue to for awhile.

TLDR; Expensive but a great buy!
99 comments| 372 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 23, 2014
This is definitely a good upgrade from your standard George Foreman grills.
I've used it about a dozen times already in the couple weeks I've had it - done fish, burgers, chicken, steak.

Pros -
I was impressed by the warmup time, and how it could maintain that temperature through the cooking process - something my old GF grill could not do. Cleanup is easy too so far.

Cons -
My main complaint is that when you have the top plate floating in the closed position, and then you open it... the top plate will be positioned such that junk will drip down onto your countertop, not the drip tray. You also should make sure it doesn't trip hot grease onto the power cable. See my attached picture. You can avoid this by locking the top plate everytime you open it.

Tip -
Make sure your meat is pretty dry if you want it to get browned. If you slop a soaking wet piece of marinated meat on there, you can't expect it to brown - it will just be sitting in a puddle of liquid and won't brown. The slots on the plates aren't too tall.

In summary - great, but not perfect. It seems like a quality appliance. I expect it to last a long time.
review imagereview image
22 comments| 206 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2017
Great product. Had the smaller Cuisinart that had a diff temp between top and bottom cooking grids, single temp control for both. Replaced with this Deluxe model. It is classy looking as others posted. Functions I appreciate are: 6 position Adjustable floating lid, separate temp controls for top and bottom. Range from 200 Warm to 450 High + 500 Sear mode. Higher watts in this model made a big difference and so far, temps are equal with both controls on same temp. Lid locks closed where smaller model did not lock closed when storing. Larger cooking area, even for 2 people. Now can make full sized sandwiches with large sourdough bread. Improved drip tray runs along rear of griddle. Angled in open position so grease flows to back and into drip tray. Also grids have angles at rear to guide flow of liquid into channel for drip tray. Other models lack that angle in grids and others reported grease running off back of grids onto counter. Also like that I can preheat for cooking @ 350. Then push top, bottom or both sear buttons. Red light comes on until reaches 500 degrees, then flashes green 10 seconds (time to put meat on), then 2 minute sear and shuts off sear temp. Then returns to original preset cooking temp. Much better design and function than the GN4N smaller model. If you are looking to use it to cook, grill and make great sandwiches on a lot, pay the extra money and get this model. They also make the Elite which is more money and has LCD panel, same functions as this model. I am very pleased with this model and look forward to using it for tomorrow nights steak dinner.

UPDATE! Used my new GR-150 to cook burgers and last night, New York Steaks, came out wonderful. I am real picky about meat and this gem does not cook out the flavor like some indoor cookers tend to do. Purchased a 2nd one today as a surprise gift for daughter and son-in-law. They have an old Cuisinart just plug it in, one temp, no reversable plates. Did not include a msg on the gift card. So they will one by one call every person in their large fam to see who to thank! Of course, I am the only one who knows, even my wife will not know. Eventually she will put two and two together when she sees they received identical as my new one. Last comment the separate temp controls are the way to go and my model heats evenly between top and bottom when on same temp setting. Last tip since it is stainless top. When you remove the long sticker on the top, it will leave an imprint of where the sticker was. You will not feel glue but will see the square where it was. Took me awhile to get rid of it! Did like I do on my stainless bbq hood. Put small amount of Goop Off Liquid on paper towel or soft rag. Lightly rub with grain of stainless. Then final dry wipe down with clean lint free rag along grain. The obvious square will be gone forever. If you clean the top and get water spots, etc. A little goop off as a final rub will remove all of the above.

UPDATE: Cooked steaks on griddler, came out perfect (used meat thermo). But some splatter on sides from gap between plates. Lifted bottom plates off and placed aluminum foil along edge and down sides, then put grill plate back on. Also draped aluminum along front as prev steak had grease splatter on controls. See photo as the foil trick did the job! No grease spatter to clean off griddler! Also made our first McMuffin today. Poached eggs first with pancake ring on griddle smooth plate side. Wiped off and built our English muffin, poached egg, Canadian bacon, topped with sliced medium cheddar. Preheated grill plates closed @400 degrees. When green light came on, sandwiches onto griddle plate. Then floated adjustable lid to contact top bun. Did not put anything onto bun inside or out. Let is cook at 400 until good cheese melt, 5 minutes. Then turned off and let sit with lid closed another 2 min. Removed and served wonderful McD's style breakfast. Was so easy and tasty, not dry and buns were lightly crisp but not browned like when using oil on top bottom. Wife loved hers and I added small amount of black raspberry all fruit to the inside top bun, yummy! See photos. Purchased 2 more of these for our children and small family. Like product the more I use it! Worth the extra $$ compared to smaller unit with much less features. I use a meat thermometer when cooking meat on grill. Takes guesswork out of when its done! I like my steak medium rare, wife prefers medium well. Problem when on same grill in closed position. Problem solved! I use the ThermoPro TC-10 meat thermometer, which has meat type presets (or you can program specific temp if you wish). I preheat griddler @ 450 closed position. After 8min preheat, I press the two sear buttons, which turn red. After 3-4min they flash green, which gives me 10 seconds to place meat on grill, then light turns solid green (sear) for 2 minutes. After 2 min, sear light turns off and top and bottom temp control lights come back on green (they turn off during sear mode). Quickly, I lift top 1/3 open and with oven mitt, push down on front to unlock swivel. Then slide side height slide adjuster to 3rd click and immediately close lid onto steaks. Sounds like a lot but after couple times you'll be quick at the routine. The 3rd click will work great for most of my closed cooking, with burger patties and steaks up to 1" thick. Finally insert wireless temp probe into side of meat thru space between plates and turn onto desired setting. Set it at Beef, Medium (for wife). With the Thermo Pro, it flashes blue when probe above 50, then when within 10 degrees of cooked temp, flashes green. I then pull my steak off quickly and close lid to finish wifes steak. When cooked medium, unity will flash Red and beep. Hers is now cooked the way she likes it and mine is not overcooked. Used the ThermoPro to cook hamburgers, selected ground beef on menu. Did the blue, green and red cycles. Removed hamb patties right away and set aside for 5min rest. They were cooked medium, no pink, juicy and tasty. No more greasy in the skillet meat for us! ThermoPro also makes the TC-11 which has a wireless remote! One piece is probe which displays meat temp on unit base. Wireless remote is where you program easy menu and get the temp + color screens. I have one of each. Quick hamburger, I use the TC-10 without remote. If cooking something slower and lazy, I use the wireless remote model so can monitor while watching TV. Both models work great and I have found them very usefull when cooking meat on this griddler. Especially not having to guess the proper cooking temps. Just pick the meat type and the ThermoPro does the rest. There are things which are not in the book that I found out by trial and error. For example, my other recent lower priced and smaller Cuisinart was double adjusters for temp but basically did same. 1 temp for top and bottom. This model cooks perfect with same temp but adjustable! So, top bottom cooking, both knobs go on same temp. If I want to turn top or bottom off, have that option. Or turn 1 higher lower than other. The prev model did not mention that sear only stays on for 2 min and shuts off. When I contacted Mfg, they had not a clue and said defective, pay $12 ship and $12 return for exchange, I think not! Turns out this model explains that the sear mode works 2min and shuts off as it is designed! Other was not defective after all! What really makes this model stand out is with most of their other models, the set temp will turn on for awhile, then turn off, sometimes for to long, then cycle back on. Have counted as high as 12 min between cycles! So food temp goes up and down with the plate temps. This model DOES NOT CYCLE and I thought at first defective. Contacted mfg and at least they knew this one is designed to maintain constant temp! So green light on knobs will not turn on off on this unit which is IDEAL! Constant cooking temp is the safe and effective way to cook! We have a flattop elec stove does same thing! Burner gets hot, cycles on and off, cannot keep constant temp, very aggravating. I will be using this more and more to cook with. Hope you enjoy my photos
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 23, 2017
Cuisanart elite. How can you go through the entire process of developing a product and not confirm it works as intended? The bottom plate would not preheat to 350°f after an hour on the flat top. The bottom would preheat to 350°f on the grill side up in 10 minutes. This is obviously a faulty item that should have never been produced or should have been recalled. Please know you have 30 days to return the product so you do not lose money. If it does work I recommend buying insurance on it
on February 6, 2016
I actually loved it but it broke! I have only had it since Oct 2015 (four months), and one of the prongs to the upper plate came off with the plate????? Very shoddy for a lot of $$$$$ Also I emailed the pics and a request for contact and they never called or responded. However I did calll them Monday only to have someone tell me I would be charged shipping both ways for them to honor their warranty. REALLY? When I asked I was told it states this on their warranty that I am responsible for shipping. This item is heavy so think twice, then go buy a Foreman grill or any other Brand!

Also rethink the Canopy warranty they are no help, you pay for two years but the first year is covered by Cuisinart so you only really get one year coverage. I am still trying to reach Cuisinart to get this resolved.
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 29, 2013
I normally don't do reviews but this product deserves one. Everything I was missing in my old griddle came true here. The detachable and dishwasher safe plates are awesome, so is the temperature control knobs with light indicator that goes green when set temperature is met. The size is small enough to fit in my kitchen space, yet expands to have two griddlers space. I can't think of any negative about this griddle. Absolutely, superior product to my old George forman.
0Comment| 210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 8, 2017
Two tries and this product didn't work for me. I bought one and the top griddle didn't turn on at all. The display showed E1 and there was no heat on the plate. I couldn't find any error E1 mentioned in the manual so I called Cuisinart. They didn't know what that was and told me to return to amazon. The replacement unit got heat on the top and bottom plates but the unit didn't register when the bottom plate got to the desired temperature and stayed in preheat even though the the grill plate was clearly hot. Too hot to use. I even tried putting it at the lowest temperature and it still didn't register that it was at the desired temperature. So basically unusable and I had to return it at well.
on December 7, 2016
I've had this griddle for a few months now, it works alright. Takes a while to get to sear temps, but that's no biggie. Unfortunately it's already crapped on me and it hasn't been more than 4 months. Will call customer service when I can to see how that experience is so everyone can know.

EDIT: So I contacted support which wasn't too bad but they want me to pay to send it back...smh. Your product crapped out on me and I have to pay for its unreliability? I recommend going for a different brand with better support
on February 26, 2017
From what other owners say, my unit must be defective because it takes a long time for the lower plate to heat up. The picture shows the frying of a single egg after more than 5 minutes. The temperature indicator kept on flashing, never ready. I can request a replacement or return. After much thought, I lost trust in Cuisinart and just don't want to risk the hassle of another defective unit. Too bad because I was initially totally sold based on the rating and the reviews on Youtube.

About the egg: it was broken while I tried to flip because the griddle is sticky despite of being totally clean. Not really non-stick. It also gives a new meaning of "running omelet or scrambling eggs" because the would-be omelet ran away into the drain, or the would-be scrambled egg was scrambling away in a hurry into the drain as well. The reason is that the bottom plate is a little uplifted in the front because of the spring-load mechanism, and it is not level.
review image
on December 4, 2016
Less than six months into using and the bottom no longer heats up. Not sure what to do or who to contact. It should last longer than six months. I maybe use it once a week. So has stopped working after a couple dozen uses.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.