Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 204 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 233 reviews
on April 6, 2011
Have been using this new model for several months now. It is stylish on the counter-top. Larger than average plates for larger bread. Well built with a good Cuisinart warranty. The plates remove easily, making cleaning a snap. The plates are smooth on one side and ribbed on the other - you choose which side you want to use. I cant comment on the drip tray since I don't make things that greasy, but it seems well positioned and practical. It is nice to be able to control the temperature somewhat and have the features and quality of more expensive models for a lower price.

I highly recommend this model (GR-35)
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2011
This little griddler-that-could answers the question: How do I cook quick and healthful meals daily. I've used it just about every day (and sometimes twice a day) since it was delivered, almost two weeks ago. I've had splendid results each and every time. It cooks like a champ and clean up is an absolute breeze. No splattering and the drip tray is adequately placed to catch any drippings. The stainless steel design matches my other kitchen appliances and, because it's compact, it doesn't take up much countertop space. An attractive and welcome addition to my kitchen. I'm so very glad that I purchased this product but may need to order a backup in case I overwork this one!
on June 9, 2013
I purchased this very versatile compact size griddler as a gift for a newlywed couple who were moving into a small apartment. They both work and go to school and don't have time, energy or desire to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. They're also very health conscious. I figured this would fit the bill just perfectly. The only problem is, and it's not really a problem, is when I received it, I was so intrigued by this little gadget that I HAD to open it to check it out. One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was plugging it in and making a couple of panini sandwiches for hubby and me. Long story short, I wound up keeping it for myself. It works perfectly. I've made everything from grilled poultry and meats, veggies, sandwiches, both panini and regular and even pizza's. It is the perfect size for 1 or 2 people but it will accomodate up to 4 decent sized burgers or chicken breasts if you open it flat and use it as a griddle. It is compact, doesn't take a lot of space on the kitchen counter and so easy to use. Decide whether you want to use the flat griddle plates or the ridged ones, plug it in, turn the temp knob to the desired setting (Low, Med or High), let it heat up with the top closed for approx 4-5 min, place your food on it and let it do it's thing. I just used it to make my husband a hot corned beef and swiss on rye. I reversed the grill plates to the smooth side, set it on "High", placed the sandwich on the bottom grill plate, closed the lid and voila! In 5 min he was eating a perfectly browned, hot and melty mouthful of deliciousness. I've found myself using this griddler so often I can't even remember the last time I pulled out a pot or pan to cook in! I ordered another one for the young married couple because after using this handy device, I knew it was the pefect gift for them. They love it just as much as I do. The only downside that I can see is it does get hot on the outside so keep it out of the reach of small hands. Other than that, I highly recommend this for anyone looking to cut down on cooking time, looking for healthier cooking options or needing something for a smaller space or smaller family.

The other 5 star I have to mention is Amazon. I ordered the second one I was giving as a gift at the very last minute. I didn't mean to, I just forgot to order it. But because I have Amazon Prime I wasn't too worried. I ordered it on a Wed and it was to be delivered on a Fri. I needed it wrapped and ready to give on Saturday. Friday rolled around and it hadn't come by 8:30p.m. According to my notif from Amazon it was on the truck and suppose to be delivered no later than 8:00p.m. I had been tracking it all day and all it said was "on truck for delivery". Needless to say I was in a panic. I NEEDED that gift! I called Amazon at 8:45p.m. and told the customer rep it hadn't been delivered. He gave me the phone number to the delivery company. I called them and spoke with the most accomodating person named Bridget. I don't know what she did, but lo and behold that package was delivered to my front door at 11:45 p.m. THAT NIGHT. I didn't even know it had come. She called me at 8:00 a.m. the following morning to tell me it was on my front porch. Thank You Bridget from ONTRAC delivery!! You saved the day. And, Thank You Amazon for using such efficient delivery companies. I have had Prime for almost a year and have always received my packages in no more than 2 days. I will definitely be renewing Prime!
on February 19, 2012
We are a family of four with two kids between 10-15. This has become a great alternative to eating out at fast food places and frozen pizza. With working parents and kids in activities we are always needing quick and easy meals. We keep bread, lunchmeat, and cheese on hand and can always use this to fall back on if needed.

The kids have no problems using the unit without us and it cleans up very easy. I think the unit is very well made and we have not had any issues with it at all. The plates come out easily and clean up with soapy water. Contrary to another reviewer I think the plates open up very wide, we often make thick sandwiches and haven't had any trouble. We have even used it with hamburger buns instead of bread.

We thought the kids might get tired of panini's, but using different breads, cheeses, and lunch meats keeps the variety going. My son already requested one of these for when he goes off to college. We use it without butter or cooking spray and it never sticks. Even if the cheese leaks out and gets on the plates it cleans up with the included tool or with paper towels. This is a great healthy alternative and the kids love it, which means they eat it. Serve a panini with a fruit and vegetable and you have a meal.

We have already recommended this to friends and family, you won't be disappointed.

*** Update 12/13/2012 ***

We still love this unit and it is holding up just fine. I am surprised by some of the negative reviews and perhaps as with all things there are just some lemons out there. We use this a minimum of twice a week, and usually all four of us. We clean the plates in the sink once they cool with soapy water and a dish brush and dry them by hand. The only thing we run through the dishwasher is the drip pan. We don't baby the unit by any means and we haven't had parts break off. It works like it was brand new and we still recommend this to people we know.
on November 30, 2013
Grill heats up quick, cooks hamburgers really fast, and cleans up easily in the dishwasher with little effort. Good size for a couple or one person. Haven't used it for eggs or pancakes yet, but I have a feeling I won't be disappointed. Update: tried to fry eggs on this grill, and it is a difficult, runny mess, but pancakes, if left small, went ok.
on December 12, 2014
I stopped using this griddler after about 2 months due to the unceasing smoke generated during any sort of heating (regardless of the cleanliness of the surface). The grease tray and cooking surfaces were poorly designed such that grease drips over the edge of the griddle into the metal frame (where it burns and smokes).

The device does cook food (meat, paninis, eggs, and more), but it has not worked well for me except when outdoors or underneath a large stove hood.
on April 14, 2017
Takes a looooooong time to warm up, but then it cooks great. Easy to clean.
on March 6, 2014
It does a fine job of grilling steak or panini. Good temperature control and pretty easy to clean up. Enjoy.
on January 3, 2013
My Dad loves this griddler. It provides him with all the cooking surface that he needs and keeps him from having to run his stove or oven.
on August 13, 2011
This griddle is perfect for two people. Well built with one simple analog control. Very easy to clean. I can't find any fault with this product. Does what its designed for and does it well.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.